The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy at All - Ch. 97 - Thank You

Dex-chan lover
That was super sweet!
Wow, she finally acknowledged Aya's feelings for her. It can't take too much longer for her to respond to them now, right?

...Right?
Considering the context of their conversation, I'm actually assuming she means it non-romantically (at least for now). She's happy someone "loves her for her," and that's a phrase or sentiment that's not necessarily romantic and is used a lot platonically. It would seem like a sudden jump for Koga (and the series) if she meant it romantically as well, that's another reason I doubt it. But, we'll see.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
“When you’ve been hurt, it’s okay to be angry”

No no no no no no it’s not okay. That is called Emotional Reasoning and it’s a well known Cognitive Distortion (well pre-tik tok it was)

And I know, in 2024 it’s probably not going to be well received. I know lots of people want to say “oh but it’s justified anger! They wanted to hurt me!”… fuck social media
What taking half a semester of a psych elective does to a mf.

Group Leader
I really like how the story is turning around. At first, the quiet "real" Koga-san is the one that's shared with the world, and the cool "guy I loved" one was Oosawa's personal secret. Now, it's flipped. The "real" one is Oosawa's personal Koga, and the "guy I loved" is the one the world gets to know. The "real" Koga took effort to love. But the one for show is just that, for the stage. Everyone likes the one they can see, but only Oosawa loves the one that nobody notices.

Fed-Kun's army
since when is Mitsuki aware Aya is in love with her????? since the "you and onii-san are one and the same"? is this sudden acknowledgement a result of her boost in confidence in being herself and accepting that she can be loved? it feels like we missed a few steps and i have mixed feeling about this

big thank you to translators as always <3

No no no no no no it’s not okay. That is called Emotional Reasoning and it’s a well known Cognitive Distortion (well pre-tik tok it was)

And I know, in 2024 it’s probably not going to be well received. I know lots of people want to say “oh but it’s justified anger! They wanted to hurt me!”… fuck social media
The what now?
My friend, it's what you do when you're angry that matters. Feeling angry is just as legitimate as feeling happy or sad. I think you've misunderstood whatever first year psychology text book you read.

That's... not what emotional reasoning is lol. For it to be emotional reasoning you have to draw a conclusion based on your feeling. Being angry in response to being hurt is normal and trying to shame people for that based off misunderstanding a definition is honestly just dangerous.

Dex-chan lover
I'm really crying with them oh God they are so precious. Thank you very much for the translation! I want to hug them so bad

And they are sparkling when they are hugging i'm sobbing, also the blackboard from the last panel of the last page, there is a love symbol, okay okay okay HELL YEAH

Users who are viewing this thread