The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy at All - Ch. 97 - Thank You

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for proving my point on emotional reasoning. If something causes a strong emotion, it will drastically affect your thought process. But if you start trying to justify your actions based on your emotions and how you feel, you will lose the ability to rationalize any situation and just completely lose yourself to your emotions.

Just look at any reply to my comment… yep

Double-page supporter
I'm glad it seems the recent chapters have shut up the people complaining about the current arc. I guess it's a drawback to serial publications that people will start reacting to things before the full context is revealed, but I'm glad the people who were a bit less perceptive can finally understand what was going on.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for proving my point on emotional reasoning. If something causes a strong emotion, it will drastically affect your thought process. But if you start trying to justify your actions based on your emotions and how you feel, you will lose the ability to rationalize any situation and just completely lose yourself to your emotions.

You must be euphoric rn

No point was proven on anything because again, not emotional reasoning. In order for it to be emotional reasoning your emotional state and feelings need to influence what you believe to be fact. Not what's happening here.

Dex-chan lover
First thought was "yippee!" on panel about love

Second thought was this
bqEnU2a.jpeg

“When you’ve been hurt, it’s okay to be angry”

No no no no no no it’s not okay. That is called Emotional Reasoning and it’s a well known Cognitive Distortion (well pre-tik tok it was)

And I know, in 2024 it’s probably not going to be well received. I know lots of people want to say “oh but it’s justified anger! They wanted to hurt me!”… fuck social media
This is a genuinely insane post. No other way to describe it.

Dex-chan lover
No point was proven on anything because again, not emotional reasoning. In order for it to be emotional reasoning your emotional state and feelings need to influence what you believe to be fact. Not what's happening here.
Just look at these comments, the sheer rage and anger at even implying that maybe letting your anger take control isn't a good thing. "Oh but my anger is based on a fact" doesn't make anger ok guys.

People want to be angry in 2024.

AHHSSGRSRJKWKUD WHAT HNE THE HELLLL OH MY GOD THEYRE EO CUTE AND THAT WAS SO SAD AND WHDYM THATS WHY YOU LOVE ME IS THERE GONNA BE A CONFESSIONM

Dex-chan lover
Just look at these comments, the sheer rage and anger at even implying that maybe letting your anger take control isn't a good thing. "Oh but my anger is based on a fact" doesn't make anger ok guys.

People want to be angry in 2024.
Got bad news: Most of those reactions aren't out of anger, you're just being weird bud. I'll echo someone else and recommend you finish getting that psych license before trying to cook like that lmao

All that aside, happy our girl finally feels appreciated and like she can be herself :clap: :win: :clap:
I'll hope Aya can gather her own courage and say what needs to be said next - and soon
Also since people are confused again: This was likely not a romantic confession, or a reveal of awareness to Aya's feelings either as some are frothing for. Likely gonna be another arc to go before we get that.

Dex-chan lover

You didn’t say anything about acting on emotions.
One can have a strong emotional reaction and behave rationally.

You are literally saying one must either achieve enlightenment or perfect stoicism or be judged mentally ill.

You’re absolutely unhinged.

This is a genuinely insane post. No other way to describe it.
in the membrane, off the chain, thought train down the drain.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Also since people are confused again: This was likely not a romantic confession, or a reveal of awareness to Aya's feelings either as some are frothing for. Likely gonna be another arc to go before we get that.
With a hug? She gave her a hug in a calm moment after writing her a love song and she doesn’t know?
and no, there was no confession, because that was internal monologue.
Will there be? Iunno. Probably.

I honestly doubt it’ll be next chapter. I stand by my prediction that they’ll hold hands back to class but uselessly not clarify anything because of course they will.

This is way too realistic for them to start dating just because they have made it clear that they’re in love with each other.

I drove 3 hours in -40° weather to spend the night celebrating new years at another woman’s house, just the two of us.
”I wonder if this is a date…”

edit: we were married in 3 months. Going on 7 years.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
With a hug? She gave her a hug in a calm moment after writing her a love song and she doesn’t know?
People hug their friends with no romantic feelings involved at all quite regularly, yes. Or in spite of whatever feelings they may have but have not opened up about - particularly during highly emotional moments.
Given prior context of behavior that Koga has displayed, she's a bit dense and evidently views herself with a lot of pessimism - so at BEST, she'd think her own feelings are likely one-sided (and this is also assuming Koga's even truly rectified that this is romantic love - once again, our girl is a neutron star when it comes to this).

I'm not saying "and they were the best of friends, and that's it" a la historians and Toei, BUT this moment is very clearly about this next step in self-acceptance for Koga, and the feelings of gratitude she has towards Aya for confirming she has someone that will stick with her even outside of her perceived family. In otherwords, Koga has been too preoccupied with her own emotions to fully recognize those of another - which is completely normal.
I'll ALSO add, that it's not outside of the realm of possibility that next chapter will present us with stronger proof of Koga's feelings and awareness of things during that time off-screen. In fact, that could very well be the perfect time to put those pieces together; But that moment was not this moment. That's all I'm saying.

Users who are viewing this thread