The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy at All - Ch. 98 - Am I a Good Friend?

Dex-chan lover
Aww... I thought we'll get some more progress out of that hug, but I guess a hug between girls can be easily brushed off...

BTW, what's with that 'EVIL NARC' in the last panel?
Aya is going to enter her evil arc to fend off other poeple from Mitsuki?
It's the track listing for the album they're playing in store, Antics, by Interpol. Evil is highlighted because it's vaguely on theme with Aya's thoughts, and also because it's the song playing in the chapter. Which means this is the first edition to the Mixtape since chapter 80 added Rebel Grrl from Bikini Kill! Let's goooooo.

Updated Mixtape:
Chapter 1:
Nirvana, Smells like teen spirit.

Chapter 11:
Blur, Song 2.
Nirvana, Heart Shaped Box.
Paranoid, Black Sabbath.
The Strokes, Reptilia.

Chapter 12:
Bon Jovi, You give love a Bad Name.
Beck, Loser.
Pearl Jam, Alive.
Royal Blood, Figure it out.

Chapter 30:
Willow, Coping Mechanism:

Chapter 37:
Bad Nerves, Don’t Stop.

Chapter 39:
Red Hot Chili Peppers, These are the ways.

Chapter 40:
Turnstile, Blackout.

Chapter 51:
The Shins, Caring Is Creepy.

Chapter 56:
Smashing Pumpkins, Tonight Tonight

Chapter 59:
Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, I Love Rock n Roll

Chapter 64:
Tigercub, Burning Effigies

Chapter 76:
The Offspring, Self Esteem

Chapter78:
Incubus, Wish You Were Here

Chapter 80:
Bikini Kill, Rebel Girl

Chapter 98:
Interpol, Evil

Dex-chan lover
Just means she needs to actually realize the depths of her feelings and confess. You sit on your longing too long and you could end up losing them. Take your shot girl! Lock her down.

Dex-chan lover
oh oh, plz not a useless lesbian moment
That’s all we have had since day 1, yo.

They’ll have been dating for weeks by the time either of them realises it.

Realism hurts.

finally progressss
blinking-eyes-man.gif
??!

Dex-chan lover
So how many more chapters we guessing till we get some romance between these 2 if we actually get some?

The longer it takes the more I believe Mitsuki will end up with some random guy and Aya be heartbroken….

Reactions: Tlo
Double-page supporter
BTW for anyone who hasn't listened to Interpol, giga recommend almost any of their albums.

Turn on the Bright Lights is a great listen start to finish with good pacing. Has that right kind of nuerotic tonal shifts throughout the album.

Antics has a lot of individually great songs but feels like less of an album and more like a bunch of singles. On their own these are some of my favorite songs by the band but they don't play great as a whole.

Our Love to Admire is a lot slower and very melancholic so if you're a fan of the more depressing Smashing Pumpkins tracks this is up your alley. It's their best album start to finish imo. Greater than the sum of its parts but it's hard to listen to most of these songs separately.

Dex-chan lover
Y'all keep doubting me and y'all keep losing :smugnako:
This is likely gonna be the confession arc, though - gotta agree with some others on that. Doubt it'll be a clean 100 when it happens though.

My bet is this:
Koga's popularity continues to grow, with more and more groupies starting to swarm her. Aya, in reaction, distances herself from Koga and has her own little depression arc. Now whether it'll be Koga directly or one of the friends that breaks Aya out of this funk, I'm not too certain, but I'm betting this has another 5 or so chapters before we get the breakthrough moment.
This is assuming the story is intent on being drawn out at this point, though. If not:
Same initial premise of the groupie growth, but rather than the depression arc, Koga straight up doesn't let Aya slip away. The groupies end up being too blatant and push Koga further towards Aya for support - this time in the form of a "safe escape" from the drooling masses (Koga still being unaware of Aya being the Sultan of Salivation). This private bonding then gives way to an opportunity, and whether intentionally or otherwise, it finally slips out.
Got nothing from there, though - too many ways that could play out.
We'll see though! :win:

Dex-chan lover
It really just dawned on me how much of a head-turner this couple is. Koga's only debuff was her lack of confidence and this chapter confirmed that it's basically fixed for the most part, and her absolutely fire attire aside, the best boost to one's look is the confidence. Now she has double the buff.

Then there's Aya, the class princess.

Their date would be legendary. If they date at all. Please date already goddammit

Dex-chan lover
Aww... I thought we'll get some more progress out of that hug, but I guess a hug between girls can be easily brushed off...

BTW, what's with that 'EVIL NARC' in the last panel?
Aya is going to enter her evil arc to fend off other poeple from Mitsuki?
The plot is going to swerve off the road into the narcotics dependence arc.

Group Leader
You're a fine friend, but you're just jealous because you seriously wanna be her lover lol, just declare already! 😤

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread