The Hundred Ghost Stories That Led to My Death - Ch. 84 - A Life of Beauty

Dex-chan lover
LOL if it was a standalone/separate from the overall demon summoning with 100 stories thing, i guess it could be a social commentary on the beauty industry too (like how tanning ages you faster or so/gives you wrinkles later in life), tho you'd think if you're able to use others lifespan it'd be a higher fee and them like stealing youth from like orphans/abandoned babies versus your own family members

Double-page supporter
I kinda saw this coming when I saw the frame of the deceased sister after the youth comment.

“The secret to staying young is having kids”
“You‘re only twenty once in your life….yikes.

Finding out all this
  • she has less than 10 years to live
  • that her own mother took years off her life
  • that mother was probably the cause of her sister’s death
  • that the mother is probably planning the same to all the kids that she and older sister raised until she died
Even someone who appears to care for you could actually just be using you and anyone else they can get their hands on. Cue head pats on Yuuma as you whisper good night from the ceiling.

I‘m more worried for Hina than Yuuma at this point. She’s losing herself and passing out. But what is the Not-Hina even doing all day, if they’re even missing out on story time? What could be more important? What if…Not-Hina was out spreading rumors of how awesome it is to tell 100 ghost stories to all the kids in the neighborhood? Like how the mother had multiple kids from which to feed her vitality spring?

Dex-chan lover
Kind of a dumb story without further elaboration on the payment though.

If you can use somebody else's life years as payment, what's stopping somebody from pulling a UNO reverse card or putting down the names of every kid at an elementary school?

We're firmly at the point where the stuff that happens after storytime is creepier I'd say.

Users who are viewing this thread