The Isekai Returnee is Too OP for the Modern World - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - The Superhero who Returned from Another World

Dex-chan lover
thanks Kirei Cake for your translation work, ignore the entitled haters, do what you do.

Fed-Kun's army
@definitionofinsanity
It seems like your typical isekai story, so I really don't see that happening. However, if it did go down that path and our mc begins to struggle to choose between either his dark desires or morality with the help of his fellow classmates/family, it would make for an interesting story.

Dex-chan lover
Man I really am a sucker for generic isekai harems. Another one to add to my list.

Dex-chan lover
I know they want him to remain likable so he spares the bullies, but they were ready to kill him. They're just going to find a new victim.

The usual cancer level hero. Damage = 999999999999 for non human target, when used against human target damage = target hp/2.

Contributor
Only a japanese protagonist would be retarded enough to ditch an easy life with everything he wanted for a f*ing curry!

Wouldn’t an ability to conceal be common in a world of magic? It’s just to useful for it not to exist. So why isn’t he using it to the point that with his max level he’s still detected by someone in this world?

Dex-chan lover
@Isekailoverrr I mean, it depends on his skill set possibly. The way he was dressed over there, and the skills we've seen so far, seems likely it's loosely based on your average Dragon Quest "hero" class. Which is about as stealthy as diarrhea in an elevator. Dude spends all day every day being attacked even by level 1 slimes when he's level 99. Avoiding monsters used up consumable items in those games, and it's just like repels in pokemon basically. Stuff could probably still see him.

Dex-chan lover
I think this is the first time I see a manga and/or anime and/or novel where someone brings up the simple truth that bullying of this level is simply criminal and should be brought to the police. I'd bet the laws on assault and extortion and such are pretty similar in japan as they are in the west. I never understood the trope.

Banned
Thoughts...
#1. Low quality raws. Unfortunate, but not exactly a dealbreaker.
#2. Cute mage. Wonder if we'll get to see her again.
#3. Loli-mother. Ah. One of those. I hope the artist isn't enough of a lolicon to focus exclusively on the mother whenever she is in the scene.
#4. Proof so undeniable the school can't ignore it. Why do I get the impression that if there wasn't undeniable proof, that the school really would ignore it? Just how fucked up are Japanese schools?
#5. They try to kill him. He beats the shit out of them, does NOT kill them, but magically fucks with their heads. Dude... that is just fucked up. Is he a hero or a villain? He should have just euthanised them and thrown their bodies into the ocean or something.

@WillTell : Probably the Japanese cultural thing where they don't want to cause a fuss for others for personal reasons... even if the fuss in question is the actual JOB of the others to deal with. Yeah, it is stupid, but that is just the way they are, and actually drawing attention to the fact that it is wrong and should be dealt with is the exception rather than the rule.

this looks promising, I wish he wouldve done more to those bullies but it was reasonable, wouldnt want to be suspicious. Loli mom is a plus, the art is ok, cuz the story so far is good, and it will probably get better

Users who are viewing this thread