The Justice of a Villainous Woman

This is a good series, I’m surprised I don’t see it mentioned more often. The MC is clever and direct, and she accomplishes a lot, similar to Duke’s Daughter. I like her intuitiveness and how she generally deals with things in the moment instead of shelving them or letting a misunderstanding develop. She is still dense to the male lead’s feelings, but she has a bit more justification for it. Their relationship is a slow burn.

The MC also uses modern day knowledge to great effect, without being a doctor as MCs who draw on their past lives tend to be. Her past life and the original life of her body stay relevant throughout the story.

The rival, the heroine, is relatively well matched to the MC. She puts up more of a fight than rivals usually do and keeps her composure even when things don’t go as planned. As for the ML, he’s alright with the exception of two issues that I don’t think will be addressed at this point (ch 91).

For one I thought the development of their relationship was inorganic. He went from completely ignoring her—to the point where it dishonored her ducal house— to becoming very friendly with her when they go undercover. They have 1-2 conversations in between where he finds the MC “surprising” and she helps with the drought, but how close he starting acting with her after that was quite a jump, in my opinion.

The other issue is when the MC addresses how he ignored and disrespected her initially. Keep in mind she’d said that he completely broke social customs to snub her, and it was so impactful that it caused a large shift in the allegiances of the nobility. So much so that the MC’s father, the duke, thought the only reason the ML agreed with her becoming a Regina was so he could discredit their house. But in this conversation the ML basically just says he didn’t care about her at all back then and apologizes. I’m pretty sure it’s just been hand waved away at this point, but he did a lot of damage for it to just be written away as pure apathy.

I also had an issue with his relationship with the rival, since it did come off as that they were together but since the MC was more “interesting” he cast her aside. It turns out their relationship was some deal and they were acting.

There are other minor issues and the art isn’t the greatest, but overall it’s a pretty good series.

okay MC is so likeable i-

she's very very cunning, and is aware of throwing away face and at times even gave ME second hand embarrassment for the mouvement of her plans, and i think that's super admirable of her as well as a very strong and risky turn the author wrote in for the character! she doesn't necessarily do what's "morally good" but she's definitely not immoral, and she's a super good judgement of character. She also specifically mentions all possibilities of one's character or their motives, when normally, i feel like plots tend to simply state something's wrong with someone but since they don't elaborate what the character thinks about that, which makes them look dense.

and all the other characters are also well-developed, even the supporting cast, which i think is amazing/difficult given that normally, they don't have a lot of screentime.

and what i think is really interesting, is that the author brings up her past life a lot as well, making it very clear that she's still her past personality, rather than sorta changing characters depending on their positions/lives in a new world. she's also not like a doctor/super smart student/someone who spent a lot of time studying a specific career like most isekai MCs are (not like there's anything wrong with that, those characters are kickass too!!), but rather, uses common knowledge of things in a world where magic tends to have others overlook more "normal" or human things, which I think is super cool, and makes her more relatable. it also shows how smart she is, and how she tends to see the big picture.

also i think there are a lOT of funny moments, and i really like the dynamic between the Fl and ML, though, i'm not too far ahead (only on ch 31!) so i actually haven't seen too much between them. but the ML is also very independent, and isn't unreasonably cold to the FL like most reincarnated villainess mangas are, as he seems to have a much more complex and difficult relationship past that with her past "not liking her because of her relationship with the other FL".

overall, i'd totally suggest reading this!! idk, maybe i'm just a sucker for smart villainess MCs tho.

Better than most otome reincarnation manhuas solely because the mc is intelligent and cunning. She also doesnt fall head over heels for the main guy just because. Its on bato btw.

this is really good, but I think the project is dead since it has been 2 months since the last release, also why is it not being uploaded here in mangadex?

Puk

Dude, this thing is really amazingly addictive. I love it a lot but people keep dropping this project.
It's translated up to chapter 92 and there are 108 chapters available on Kakao. Why won't anyone pick this one up.

Puk

Dude, it's been 3 months and no-one picked this up when it was such a hit?

Puk

Tappypoon is so slow with this, only 84 chapters. And the webtoon already has 111 out. :(

A refreshing otome that has a well thought out plot and more or less logical reasoning. The mc's past life does come into play and effects outcomes but the mc also has things to learn from that same world. It brings things into balance. And I never thought I'd see someone (even if fictional) miss Excel lol.1

The romance is present but there are challenges that become the focal point and give the story depth.

Definitely recommend it.
It's interesting to see that the MC occupying the body acknowledges the original owner's death. There are some hints that maybe they switched bodies which would be hilarious to imagine the spoiled useless daughter experiencing the MC's life.

The art is nice and pretty. The setting and clothing are consistent throughout the settings. I hope to see the artist develop their ability to provide a wider range of expressions on their characters and with greater depth.

The story is really fulfilling till about the chapters in the 90s. It feels like maybe it was planned to end soonish and may be the author is extending what they can. The POV switch felt out of character maybe it's supposed to be a side story but I think that it still could have been conveyed through the MC's POV. Perhaps an ditor gave them weird advice or they think that the read needed context in regards to the story with the prince. I honestly felt like it was a waste of time.

As much as it hurts my heart to say it I would've preferred the author take a break to develop the story or figure out better ways to convey it.

The world building isn't overwhelming and fed at a good pace. Text explanations don't kill the story. There's magic and politics and intrigue but it doesn't feel like a textbook.

The ML feels more genuine in his actions towards MC because we see her work develop in front of our eyes. Again the artwork is really nice but the author just needs a bit more edge to be able to provide more gravity to her scenes.

There are a lot of dark tones in the story and it would benefit if they could be shown in the art. Although the story brings it up well which makes me happy. You can tell she's smart not because others say it but because you can usually fall in line with the logic.

The manhwa A False Confession comes to mind of how the artwork in the story would bring the author's tale to a higher step.

Is there anywhere where I can read past chapter 93? I love this manga and I want to see more

Is there anywhere where I can read past chapter 93? I love this manga and I want to see more

Why are they no chapters from this manhwa on this website? also on others? idk whats going on but i liked it so much and instead of that the chapters are getting more translated their are removed?.. can somebody explain this pls ..

Puk

Probably DMCA takedowns, which happen often but even so some sites manage to stay under the radar and not be affected. However there doesn't seem to be any group that picked this translation for some reason... Even though the manga is so popular and has raw's available.

Users who are viewing this thread