The Kingdoms of Ruin - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
@PersonaJXT

Pretty much what BasicEden said. Historically, this is pretty normal for authoritarian rulers trying to establish their power. They basically rolled two of the major goals, rally everyone under you by spreading fear of what would be a common foe and undermine all former/other authority than your own, into his hunt for the witches. Even what thomasce pointed out is super normal, to the point that pretty much half of all bosses in common workplaces, at least in the US(think Japan has it the same or worse), pull this kinda shit where they go off on you for not meeting some unreasonable expectation they made, especially if you try to report to them why it's impossible. (well, part of the reason that happens in life is a culture that prioritizes the act of working over actually doing something beneficial so we make more and more jobs that are unnecessary so you never see any serious consequence of the boss being a fuckhead.)

Fed-Kun's army
@Meridis
Nah that portrayal is over the top to show that the emperor is evil and unreasonable.
And even when you look at the page for reasons why they have to kill the witches, it's basically technology > magic and because of that witches are a thing of the past and must be killed.
While the reasoning is shalow it doesnt justify genocide against the witches and at the same time showing society as whole turning their death into a sort of spectacle.
In the end it's just edgy

Dex-chan lover
@thomasce
It is a prime example of Nazi Germany's genocide of Jews, they did it for petty reasons and then just blew them out of proportion to get the public on their side.

Fed-Kun's army
Killing the beloved witches just for violence revenge edge plot. I don't like how it's so over the top and brutal. Next chapters, we will get more abused plot huh? Then brutal revenge just for the sake of violence. First chapter is so violence it's feel cheap and bad to force reader attention 😠

Fed-Kun's army
I hope he will kill all in the city and not only the president. And i think the wife from the President ( i think is his wife) is a witch.

Dex-chan lover
Color me intrigued.

However, if there is ever a single panel of him getting flustered over another girl, or some other typical beta Japanese MC bullshit, I'm dropping it. You can't just go from THIS, to generic bullshit. You just can't.

Dex-chan lover
@thomasce

They already established that humanity was suppose to follow the witches originally. If his goal is to have singular power over humanity, makes sense being the emperor of mankind, then that alone is reason enough to kill them all once he doesn't need them. Having developed technology that surpassed them isn't the reason to kill them, it eliminated the reason he had for keeping them around. As for society as a whole, you saw with his speech. He's rallying them into this, playing on fears and making up (or not, who knows. her reaction of threatening the people to protect the mc wouldn't need to be spun negatively for the people present.) slights against humanity.

I mean, dude, you don't even have to go into history like YukiOnna did. We have enough examples of this TODAY. One of the US's biggest allied dictatorships (US is allied to about 70% of the worlds dictators) just had a big thing where they started letting women drive to show that they are "improving and civilized" but executed all the women who were protesting for the right afterwards. All of that is because protesters are a challenge to their authority.

Power Uploader
its her fault for not killing them when they started hunting witches. too soft and it got her in the end.

Dex-chan lover
Fuck! That pisses me off! Now I need to read more to see how all these shits die!

Aggregator gang
Its like witches are entirely different species just because they magic on the intro.
Those humans are truly evil to enjoy slaughter that much.
Humans kill humans everywhere, why the ice witch prevents him to kill his own kind?
I love it when the MC hates humans more than anything in their world.

Users who are viewing this thread