The Kingdoms of Ruin - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Aggregator gang
Calling it now. The wife of the king is a witch as well, because something something done by other witches something something genocide.

I also like to mention that the artist forgot how thoroughly destroyed her head was in certain panels until the last one.

Dex-chan lover
consider the technology and magic involved

granzon exist in that manga universe

Supporter
The glory of Humankind... Killing and destroying, plundering and stealing... 😔
Now we will see some Armageddon start, that only the witch could have stopped... And the humans will say some stupid sentence as "It's the witch fault! they started this!" 😒

And if the Queen isn't a witch, please tell me what she is...

Dex-chan lover
That wife of the emperor with the veil has to be a witch herself, right?

Aggregator gang
@YukiOnna
It is a prime example of Nazi Germany's genocide of Jews, they did it for petty reasons and then just blew them out of proportion to get the public on their side.

Still met with opposition from whitin the army and also widespread international condemnation.
also hitler was met with several plots to kill him.

@Meridis
I mean, dude, you don't even have to go into history like YukiOnna did. We have enough examples of this TODAY. One of the US's biggest allied dictatorships (US is allied to about 70% of the worlds dictators) just had a big thing where they started letting women drive to show that they are "improving and civilized" but executed all the women who were protesting for the right afterwards. All of that is because protesters are a challenge to their authority.

Not a valid parallel due to the fact it's not a genocide example and even within saudi arabia there's opposition, on the manga there's none of that and what we see is killing witches is an spectacle for the sake of edgyness.
To be honest, since witches are powerfull and having this emperor persecuting nothing, nothing prevents another organization to take advantage of the witches power for their own.
in fact due to the witches power such act would likely trigger a civil war to begin with.

Double-page supporter
@Liquidxlax True, but humans don't need technology to lie, deception is apparently an innate part of the human experience. I'll be following this though as revenge stories are some of my favorite. Will the MC turn into a "monster" and kill all the humans? Will he find some pu... love that makes him forget his pain and live happily ever after? Or will he hit some middle ground and kill all the "corrupt" witch humans and leave the more tolerant ones alive? I'll find out next time on Drag... Kingdom of Ruins. heh.

Double-page supporter
@Meybi
Ohhh, you're trying to be PC. Have a gold star for being a good boy. And instead of calling him a brat, I'll just call the MC speshul then.

Dex-chan lover
@thomasce

it is a valid parallel in that the reasoning for killing them is as I explained, they are a group that challenges the emperor's authority so he wants to get rid of them. It isn't really an issue of it being a genocide to begin with. The important part from their perspective would be that it is a group with power. Nothing says there wouldn't be another group trying to corral the witches into them or start a civil war. That could happen and fighting that group would only be considered a necessary step in a path towards total control. It's not like they don't have any reason to believe they would win that civil war either.

Ok, that was just stupid, they have technology that allows them to fly into space, an teleportation, wtf, why is magic still around ?
It's looks like someone wants to hook on tate no yuusha hype train, but he can't hide his lack of any talent, with just a dull violence.

Dex-chan lover
@dope0420 tech makes it a lot easier to spread a lie and the more who hear it especially from a trusted body the more who will believe it and when nearly all believe it then it will become fact. Unless or until that lie comes back to bite them. Which might be with the death of the last witch comes the end of humanity or some shit.

Dex-chan lover
@Spiryts uh, are you the emperor because that was exactly what they said. They don't need magic anymore which is why they're killing witches

Add "massacre the kingdom and torture the king"
To things i want to do when i can go to the manga world

@Shirxn Yeah, keep diminishing any credibility you could have by calling names on some one, is always help 🤦‍♂️.

@firosahoge
Welp, the TRASH emperor left me with the same impression, maybe even worse then a TRASH king from tate no yuusha, a blunt, thinner than a piece of paper villan, so I did not bother remembering his monologue.
The whole first chapter looked terribly rush just to show that "shocking" last scene and that just make it a big meh for me.

Users who are viewing this thread