The Knight and Her Emperor - Ch. 48

Just show to that piece of a f*cking family you had that you're no longer a pushover and now the lord of the land. Increase their taxes.

Dex-chan lover
Hmmmm..
So they aren't going to accept her as the new governess?
Many thanks

Group Leader
Oh boy either their family is going to switch their tune immediately, or they're going to be stupid and think Paulina will give them special privilege.

I hope these turn of events don't end up hurting Pauliana in some way. Anyway, thank you for the chapter! ♡

@SleepyAbra I think they tried to kill her by sending her to enlist in the army as a noble obligation. I think that’s what happened but it’s been a while- all I really remember was they were terrible people. 😅

Fed-Kun's army
That last page, if taken out of context, is like a boy meet girl situation. You know, love at first sight and such. It’s kinda funny.

Oh Pauliana, our girl... boy?...tomboy?! Well whatever. Tell them!!! You should boast itt yess rightt. I want to see them deep in regret for treating you that way. Value yourself more, please. Thanks for all your hard work and this wonderful update! Looking forward to future chapters...

Thanks for the chapter!
You know, Paulina spends so much time acting like a man and staying by the Emperor's side I wonder if ever went on a date much less a one night stand? Especially since so sure Emperor had bad eyesight due to thinking she looked pretty. In any case, betcha dollars to doughnuts that blonde woman wondering what commotion about is her sister Lyanna. Wonder what happened to parents and how family has been doing after country was conquered. Going by Lyanna's appearance and the guards' uniforms it seems the family still has some power, money and influence, but still lost a bit. While Lyanna's dress looks like good quality, the patterning aren't as high quality as the parents were in chapter 1 and both parents had fancy necklaces while Lyanna in this chapter only has earrings on. Also, the guards are equipped with wood swords and cloth uniforms while in chapter 1 they had metal spears, helmets and armor. Granted they might have been training but unlikely as that usually involves a specified training yard out of sight rather than by the front door where visitors appear. Wonder if Lyanna actually missed Paulina or not?

Dex-chan lover
I'm intrigued to see how they will interact, since according to my memory, they weren't shown interacting much.

Dex-chan lover
The premise of her enlistment was "In order to make her sister Lyanna the successor of the family, her father and stepmother planned to send her to the battlefield."

It appears that Pauliana's mother was the heir to Cranbell, and Pauliana was the only one descended by blood from the previous lord. Lyanna is her half-sister, so she would not have any right to inherit until Pauliana was gone. It was basically a usurpation. This is a common trope, so the author didn't have to explain much.

That would explain why the people are surprised to see her alive. Since she hadn't come back all these years, her family claimed she was dead in order to legitimate Lyanna's claim to the fief.

Woah. Now I want to see if her sister is gonna be a bitch. (Because I don't think we were shown the sister actively harassing her, she might have a chance at redemption, even though her sister didn't stand up for her either. But that may be able to be blamed on her age, and not wanting to contradict the adults. No way I'm gonna forgive her shitty parents tho, sending off a kid to die...)

Can't wait to see her sister get kicked out (pls oh pls oh pleaase let her get kicked out.... especially if she acts selfishly)

Users who are viewing this thread