The Knight and Her Emperor

I got hooked on this because of the high rating and it didnt dissapoint. Never been drawn to ML in isekai series before and lucius just got me. The way the author portray lucius, his dialogues really do him justice. He has this leadership skill that is ‘real’. The only thing left is for lucius to bring out the woman in pauliana. I still love how pauliana is portrayed so far, adaptive to her situation. However it will be even better if pauliana will grow her hair, increase her elegance when she become his pillar of strength as an empress

They really toned down the dark themes in comparison to the novel. Maybe it was for the better considering that Lucius is such an asshole in the novel, so the pairing of Lucius x Pauliana is a lot more digestible.

Damn, after all of these Paulina still need to improve her physical appearance for people to accept her as a "woman", huh?

This is great, FL is amazing and completely breaks the shell of these stereotypes that come from webnovel adaptations or manhwa as a whole. She’s badass and competent, but in a completely different way than other FL that she would be instantly recognizable. I really love her character design too, she’s not “intentionally ugly”, but more so realistic and not like an amazing beauty considering she is a hardcore knight who roughs it and trains everyday. As a whole she’s so refreshing and unique.

ML is great too, you really watch him fall in love with our FL as we the reader fall in love with her too and watching his character and relationships develop is great. Oftentimes the stereotypical prince is the same type of cold, emotionless workaholic(don’t lie you can name at least 3) or just straight up perfect with no flaws. ML’s dynamic with FL is hilarious and only gets better as you continue to read the manhwa. ML is also refreshingly non-cookie cutter and his personality really grows on you.

I find a lot of my manhwa and manga in similar genres to blur together, and this one always stands on its own. It’s only gone on an upward trajectory. 10/10

@ForeverTheSky Is he that bad in the novel? Answer back in spoiler tags if you're going into detail, which I wouldn't really mind and actually would like ^^

@Ghor wish I could upvote your comment :) I think your review is spot on.

The fact that the artist didn't try to make her dainty and traditionally "beautiful" wins so many points from me, because that wouldn't be consistent with her upbringing and training. Although I do still think she's beautiful and I highkey have a crush on her.

The author made her a strong and charming lead but she's not without fault, and the problems thrown at her aren't all easily solvable or solvable at all. Not to mention a SLOW BURN romance. Like damn, finally some good f-ing food.

In light of the spoilers I've been given though, I am concerned about the way the romance is going. Definitely sticking around for Paul more than anything else at this point. I want to see her find happiness (T⌓T)

Group Leader
Really glad this chapter is in fact addressing a kinda gross comment I saw after the last chapter :/ That kind of thinking is unfortunately common.

this is my favourite manhwa ever and i want to protect and be protected by pauliana forever, thanks dead but alive 🥺

@Sekoiea
Remember that scene where she fought the soldier for three hours because they were trying to r*pe Pauliana? In the novel, Lucius actually ordered the soldiers to r*pe her before killing her because he stupidly believed that if a woman died a virgin, then they’ll come back to haunt you. Imagine how traumatic that was for Pauliana when she was actually already anal r*ped by one of Ehas’ commanders in the military before. They didn’t mentioned that in this manhwa. In the novel, Lucius doesn’t care that his men are r*ping the women of the conquered territory. Remember the princess who was ordered to commit s*icide? This highly suggests that if she didn’t do it, she would’ve been r*ped too. Here, they briefly mentioned that he plays around with some women, but in the novel, he does it a lot.

Me reading the recent chapters and feeling frustrated as hell for Pauliana and sympathizing because god if it isn’t realistic to hear all that: 😭😭😭

Me scrolling through the comments and seeing a certain comment hope Pauliana will “grow her hair and increase her elegance” because they think THAT’S the ideal endgame: 🤢😡😡 (honestly how are we reading the same series when that kinda comment is literally part of the struggle for our wonderful lead here.... bruh)

Me reading the latest chapter and seeing Pauliana
and Donau throwing down:
🙏🙏🙏

So is the emperor and pauliana the end game? I can honestly see her getting a wife while the emperor moves on and finds someone nice. He'd probably have to really hit her in the womb to get her to see anything in him. The quiet girl looks like a nice candidate since angry x quiet is usually a nice opposite pairing. If you know and read the novels @ me with spoilers just nothing too big outside of end game pairings.

@ForeverTheSky
Dang that really is messed up... And that superstitions of killed virgins haunting afterwards sounds like complete wack. I'm relieved they don't portray that in this manhwa, partially for the sake of my current image of Lucius but also because I just don't enjoy reading those sorta dark themes, especially if that character is one of the leads. Even though it's dark and all I'll admit it's pretty interesting to hear this from a different perspective, thanks!

Ugh...It’s headache after headache for her... I hope she finds happiness even if she doesn’t end up with anybody. I think that she deserves it. Fighting Pauliana!

So glad they toned down certain elements from the novel and tweaked the plot. I really love this series because it's so nice to see a non conventional portrayal :)

I like how unique her character is and the frequent injection of humor - esp the King’s fear of lizards and his adorable bickery relationship with swaggering Sir Aino.

Users who are viewing this thread