The Knight and Her Emperor

Whether you're team donau or team lucius or whatever, I think we can all agree the real winner is team Pauliana....

LET"S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
what a satisfying end to that chapter after the last few ones lol it's time for her to shine

Dex-chan lover
I started reading this for the cover is amazing and I have ZERO regrets 75 chapters in! Polly is a QUEEN!!!!

This webtoon kinda reminds me of Saiunkoku Monogatari. They both have strong female leads who are trying to break free of a male-dominated society by walking down the path forbidden to women. Both series the ML is an emperor who believes in the FL's abilities and gives her opportunities to prove her worth.

This is such a masterpiece of a webtoon, i genuinely am so delightfully surprised when I see it updated;;;
Pauliana is a brilliant person and it's a shame how she's treated!

@Xenely17 There's a problem with that. Lucius.
He's an idiot in both formats. I'm on chapter 218 of the light novel, and i just want to punch him so bad....and repeatedly. I dont know if i want to keep reading or not...

Hwllo thank you so much for the hardwork in cleaning, translating, and all the things you do ❤️🌼

I missed this so much and its just so lovely 🥺🥺🥺🥺

The tone and pacing on this are all over the place. There isn't a great scale for the passage of time and it doesn't know if it wants to be a power fantasy knight story or game of thrones without any actual intrigue. The characterization of the emperor is fairly flat, he's said to be cunning and a great strategist but all the actual maneuvering is handled with extremely abrupt skips. So, is it a character drama? Perhaps, but whats there is pretty thin. Pauliana herself is pretty static and has few interesting traits other than being a woman; outside of that, she just is a run of the mill lunkhead knight like the rest of them. To me, it feels like the premise is the whole point and the substance is lacking. Maybe the novel is better, maybe it picks up in later chapters, but this one fails to live up to the premise. Maybe skip on this one.

Oh, and the emperor has no real cassus belli to declare war on more countries than his neighbors other than manifest destiny, so her basically as much a bad guy as Napoleon was. Why are we supposed to like him again? The story doesn't have the nuance to act like he's anything other than cool and handsome.

Users who are viewing this thread