The Kouhai who Went from Introvert to Influencer - Ch. 15

Dex-chan lover
We call them Parasocial Andies. They believe they have a close personal relationship with their favorite internet personality and take things like this that has nothing to do with them as a personal slight.
Then they do this classic emotional manipulation tactic to the content creator:

"I was at a dark place, and your streams saved my life, I am not sure how I would carry on if you stopped streaming now".

Evil as fuck to use their own life as blackmail to guilt trip their idol into not stopping to take a break.

Supporter
ma4usk.jpeg

3gtaze.gif
E63D8C0E361B4FB4F55D85DB06977435DDB7A1E2

Dex-chan lover
I still can't get over the name "Chomo". Back in the 90s/early 2000s, it was a common (at least in America) way of saying "child molester". Hell, it's one of the earliest articles on Urban Dictionary.
People say chomo now, it's just not quite as common. Funny enough, I've been seeing Americans say "nonce" occasionally.

Dex-chan lover
Posture is definitely a factor in the business. That'll probably bring in a good amount of subs.

Gotta love supportive shit posting in a chat from a friend. Makes the world go round.

Thanks for the chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Then they do this classic emotional manipulation tactic to the content creator:

"I was at a dark place, and your streams saved my life, I am not sure how I would carry on if you stopped streaming now".

Evil as fuck to use their own life as blackmail to guilt trip their idol into not stopping to take a break.
Just to play devils advocate, but you are assuming a lot here. It's entirely possible for someone with mental or emotional issues to say that. Why are you assuming they are evil?

Dex-chan lover
Just to play devils advocate, but you are assuming a lot here. It's entirely possible for someone with mental or emotional issues to say that. Why are you assuming they are evil?
It is a not so subtle threat that's why.

"If you stop creating content, I will take my own life, and it will be your fault, so keep grinding or else"

Users who are viewing this thread