The Kouhai who Went from Introvert to Influencer - Ch. 5

Dex-chan lover
Is there any healing for her? Or will she always have the issue? Like, in real medical terms, not Manga medical terms.
In her case she's got a good chance of recovery if she rests.

Stress or fatigue related illness are generally recoverable at early stages by getting enough rest.

Physical related, like tinnitus from loud noises isn't really treatable.

Dex-chan lover
I have had tinnitus for about 10 years. Sure you learn to live with it my intensity only goes up if I am tired or stressed. But there was a time where I just wanted to end myself. If you find yourself in said situation please reach out doctor/therapist or just someone to talk to. Being alone with the noise before one can handle it is an extremely depressing affair.

Group Leader
Tinnitus is very personal to everyone and not everyone experiences it the same. Not only is the range of sounds massive but everyone's mentality handles it differently.

My experience with tinnitus was absolutely maddening at first, to the point where I almost called 911 on myself because I was breaking down mentally from being unable to sleep. My parents constantly took me to the hospital because I could not be by myself without freaking out. Work productivity of course took a nosedive and I'm still trying to piece it all back together.

After several months of anti depressants and benzos I was gradually able to return to normality and I'm fully off meds now, but I still am scared of going back to that period of my life.

Still, although during the day I can go by without much trouble and usually don't notice it, at night I still find it very annoying and I can not sleep without white noise playing in the background (bless you thunderstorm sounds).

There are also occasional moments in my life where it spikes and I get scared, but I've thankfully managed to teach myself to accept those spikes and I know they will subside once I stop thinking about it.

Overall, it's still a negative aspect of my life I wish I could get rid of. I'm not even 30 and have to live with this for the rest of my days, it's not fun to think about.

I do hope MC's tinnitus gets better though.

Fed-Kun's army
Is there any healing for her? Or will she always have the issue? Like, in real medical terms, not Manga medical terms.
i have tinnitus for about 6 years now, for her it seems possible because from the doctor diagnose it's caused by fatigue, but my case is a bit 'unique' according to my doctor, the ringing just suddenly appeared out of nowhere. I really stressed out because of this, the doctor couldn't find why i have this tinnitus, for a year i was depressed, my appetite disappeared, constant thirst, etc.
in the end, it won't go and to this day i still hear the ringing in my right ear and how should i put it, accepted my fate(?) or something like that :fml:

Dex-chan lover
Oh, thank God I don't have tinnitus. Damn, the comments section for this romcom is really making me appreciate how lucky I am to not have it. From age 3 to 7 I would have near constant, god awful ear infections. I needed surgery for tubes cause my ears wouldn't drain water properly but the doctors had to wait because I was so young, and I was growing so fast I'd push them out making the surgery pointless after a few months. I ended up having so many infections in my left ear that the ear drum is mostly scare tissue now, the doctor said "It looks like a potato chip".

I don't understand ppl who say u get used to it, I can't and I had it since 2020, you just learn to live with it but it's still very annoying and still doesn't let u sleep and u need to watch your diet, some days when I wake the T is very bad (you could end it right there if ur not mentally stable) other days the T is OK, can't wait for this life of mine to end so I can hear silence again, hopefully around my nineties lol
I have tinnitus as well and I use the below noise maker to drone out the noise, could work for you as well. I also use a pillow with speakers in it to play similar sounds to help me sleep.

https://www.amazon.com/Adaptive-Sound-Technologies-LectroFan-Non-Looping/dp/B00E6D6LQY

Fed-Kun's army
Where tf is chapter 30 of hyena chan 🤨
I liked Hyena-chan, too, but I got the impression after the most recent chapters that Zyugoya had kind of hit a block with how to continue it.

Hyena-chan's whole design has a lot of appeal for certain niches, but it could be that she wasn't drawing enough positive impressions. That's why I think the other girl was introduced, the shortstack blonde with the huge twintails.

Dex-chan lover
Be her friend first senpai, she's going to need support more than anything during this transition in her life. Let the romance grow naturally once the situation has stabilized.

MD@Home
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Dex-chan lover
I have tinnitus as well and I use the below noise maker to drone out the noise, could work for you as well. I also use a pillow with speakers in it to play similar sounds to help me sleep.

https://www.amazon.com/Adaptive-Sound-Technologies-LectroFan-Non-Looping/dp/B00E6D6LQY
thank you, I tried a lot of Tinnitus maskers before but they all seemed to make my T worst so I gave up on them! now I try to sleep with no help at all! I think it's better than relying on a device.

Dex-chan lover
I don't understand ppl who say u get used to it, I can't and I had it since 2020, you just learn to live with it but it's still very annoying and still doesn't let u sleep and u need to watch your diet, some days when I wake the T is very bad (you could end it right there if ur not mentally stable) other days the T is OK, can't wait for this life of mine to end so I can hear silence again, hopefully around my nineties lol
I won't lie to you, it does still get to me sometimes.

Tinnitus is very personal to everyone and not everyone experiences it the same. Not only is the range of sounds massive but everyone's mentality handles it differently.

My experience with tinnitus was absolutely maddening at first, to the point where I almost called 911 on myself because I was breaking down mentally from being unable to sleep. My parents constantly took me to the hospital because I could not be by myself without freaking out. Work productivity of course took a nosedive and I'm still trying to piece it all back together.

After several months of anti depressants and benzos I was gradually able to return to normality and I'm fully off meds now, but I still am scared of going back to that period of my life.

Still, although during the day I can go by without much trouble and usually don't notice it, at night I still find it very annoying and I can not sleep without white noise playing in the background (bless you thunderstorm sounds).

There are also occasional moments in my life where it spikes and I get scared, but I've thankfully managed to teach myself to accept those spikes and I know they will subside once I stop thinking about it.

Overall, it's still a negative aspect of my life I wish I could get rid of. I'm not even 30 and have to live with this for the rest of my days, it's not fun to think about.

I do hope MC's tinnitus gets better though.
Thunderstorm sounds? Niceeeee

I started with that, then stumbled into long-form walking ambience videos

Dex-chan lover
i have tinnitus for about 6 years now, for her it seems possible because from the doctor diagnose it's caused by fatigue, but my case is a bit 'unique' according to my doctor, the ringing just suddenly appeared out of nowhere. I really stressed out because of this, the doctor couldn't find why i have this tinnitus, for a year i was depressed, my appetite disappeared, constant thirst, etc.
in the end, it won't go and to this day i still hear the ringing in my right ear and how should i put it, accepted my fate(?) or something like that :fml:
Did you ever work or do chores near anything around the volume of a lawnmower? Older lawnmowers were JUST over the limit to damage hearing (without being even close to loud enough to cause pain), so that kind of thing could cause seemingly random tinnitus. It's why lawnmower manufacturers worked hard to reduce the noise--that 5-10 decibel reduction was crucial to prevent newer generations from getting tinnitus.

I only know this because it's exactly what happened to my mother. She worked in a school and never flew anywhere, went to any concerts, or listened to much music. Her mowing the lawn was the sole cause. (It didn't help that she didn't use any hearing protection.)

Aggregator gang
I’m glad she has support. That sounds(no pun intended) like hell on earth
Tinnitus really is hell, you can't concentrate properly, can't sleep at all without white noise because silence only makes it worse and it disrupts pretty much everything

Users who are viewing this thread