The Lady and the Beast - Ch. 16

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for an update.why do I have a feeling this guy might be a reincarnation as well of someone in her past.

Thank you so much for the update

why is he acting like that when he claimed he knows her for years, sometimes unwanted help can backfire you know... trust her more wont you

Fed-Kun's army
He will be in quite a shock to see she's actually doing fine. Let's hope he won't get heart broken and stay as friends.

Aggregator gang
I just hope such a nice guy like this won't turn into some petty villain after learning how well Astina is doing.. 😆

Darn... I love both ml I mean we know who shell end up with cause duh... But still I love them all

i think he won't be a petty friend after learning she's doing fine. idk why but i have a feeling that benjamin move on to astina's older sister (considering they're working together and all)

Fed-Kun's army
He's gonna insist that FL is oppressed/forced/deluded to marry a beast, and he is gonna save FL because clearly he's a better option
But there's also a chance that he'll end up as a strong backer because he turns out to be a royalty. Those vassals would finally cowering

In either case, he's already plotted to be a 3rd wheel. Poor Ben

tired of these flashbacks and yellow haired dude, i just want him to not be a beast anymore

Seriously Benji, I don't want to see you. You're not strong enough as a second male lead.🙄
You know she doesn't need you.
You just want to try the title of a knight saving a damsel in distress.🥱
Also, you just don't like that she's married now.
If you really are a friend of many years, you would know that she wouldn't do things she doesn't like or can. Tsk😒
😛🙄😒

Arghh!!! This kind of people around a strong female lead just frustrates me.😓

Aggregator gang
Even though this is Korean and they like to make cinnamon bun 2ND leads like it's a mission from God... Let's just hypothetically say this guy is her friend.

If I knew my friend got sold off to pay their parents debts to a ***literal monster*** and I had some talent with the sword, you bet I'd go off and try to free my friend. Or, if that sword is any indication, give my friends the weapons needed to protect themselves.

Maybe he'll be lame later, but right now he's acting like a real friend. So far he's acting like a stand-up guy and I feel sorry for such a decent character getting roasted.

I don't hate the guy or anything, I actually admire his courage. But I really dislike it when authors try to make the readers connect to 2nd MLs because it's much more annoying when they get rejected.

His character and backstory is poorly created.. it makes his friendship with her and his efforts to save her look so feeble. The story is trying to create a romantic connection from his side but it doesn’t blend well, seeing how powerful Astina is and how well she’s dealing with it. As how she was able to send a letter to her sister, he could send one to her but I guess in this context I understand his distress in the context of the rumours. But the 2nd ML syndrome isnt working here

@CSkies13 I think they're going to use him for some basic drama before treachery from her new subordinates, the Dukes revival or a war.

@MisPen pretty sure it's because she got sold off to a literal monster as breeding stock, that and any other person would have died in that situation. Being strong and incredibly competent doesn't mean you don't need outside help. I'm assuming that's his perspective as someone with little to no info. In reality, she should have sent her letters first or something to ask if she was okay but I guess the story needs some forced drama. Either way, the dude's hearts in the right place but IMO he's pretty clearly being setup as an inconvenience for the protagonist to deal with before the big drama and conflict starts up. So I assume they'll make him jump to conclusions and make a fool of himself in the coming chapters.

Users who are viewing this thread