The Lady and the Beast - Ch. 21

Aggregator gang
Astina dealt with the baron and the maid fair and square. Gotta love her personality and moral compass.

Lol yeah, pet Duke wasn't even petted in these 2 new chapters.

Thank you for the update!

Double-page supporter
A bit of a light punishment for attempted murder, but honestly it's fine since I'd feel sorry for her child if there was a harsher punishment. The fact that she will be compensated by the Baron's estate should go a long way to helping her start a new life someplace else.

Also nice to see the tavern maid doing a good curb stomping, although it seems she has more of a grudge with them than just a simple booty grab. When did they extort money or evade taxes and why does she know this? Seems like she's inviting some trouble to her tavern in the future if she knows them that well.

Absolutely LOVED this! 😍 I'm new and I just smashed the 21 episodes 😂 thanks so much for this ❤️

I'll admit I hated the maid and I wouldn't have cared even if she did get killed since karma man. But this was handled nicely. I still don't like the maid, but I can see where the mc is coming from and atleast the maid has realized the wrong (to an extent, I'm not expecting her to be a saint from here onwards)

.... Astina is very wise. I love how she treated the matter at hand fairly, and how she uses her previous life experience as a stepping stone to grow.

@lionfromnorth
Lol no. If you read the original promo it clearly shows that the duke will turn back human again at some point (soon or not) and become the ML. This is not a harem isekai manga.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

@lionfromnorth
the duke literally returns to being human in chapter 24..

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Oh gosh !! I caught up waaaaay too quick. Thank you for the updates😊
looking forward to this series.

@TesAnjir lmao this me ahahahhaaa I'm drowning with so much to do but here I am reading a new manhwa LOLOLOLOLOLLLL

but she didn't try to kill you, she instead gave you the vial of poison and confessed all. Before any of this happened all she did was be mean to the other maids and even that she seems to be remorseful of doing. After everything the Duchess has done for her i wouldn't be surprised if that maids loyalty increased further. I would have liked to see that maid stay and work out her differences with the other maids. oh well she'll go to her parents with the "compensation" and live peacefully, alls well that ends well.

Edit; i somehow missed a chapter...I thought it a little odd how things had played out XD. Well an arguement could still be made but it was the Duchess who called her out first.

“The victim does not always have to be morally righteous.”
My god, and that’s a f*cking gospel truth right there. Just because you’ve been wronged, doesn’t mean you can’t be wrong back. (Now before you be hating) But that doesn’t exactly mean you can be a godd*mn tyrant while using the victim card as a an excuse. What I’m trying say is, take a look at Astina: She was betrayed so she killed the betrayer and that resulted in a flourishing empire. Sometimes, you can’t just let evil get away with forgiveness because something worse could happen.
Anywayz, thanks for updating! XD

Thank you for the chapters! ♡♥♡♥ (。’▽’。)♡

@Namwal that's a good choice too but we could think Astina considered her,the maid, being pregnant to settle peacefuly far away without doing any work since being a maid while pregnant wouldnt work well .. And she still needs to prepare for labor and buy a house since she's a single parent~ she probably also wanna stay away from the place where she got raped ~ its also for the better for her to start anew...

Dex-chan lover
@HOOfan_1
I'm not benevolent enough to keep someone who tried to kill me close

umm, what about the dog you walk around on a leash every day?

He is still the Duke and not that much of a threat. She also still needs him, as he gives her, her Authority over the land and assets

Users who are viewing this thread