The Lady and the Beast - Ch. 23

Hey I did try to join discord but it wouldn't let me :( thanks for the translation love this series it's so funny.

Lmao he nopped the fuck out in the minute she friendzoned him and suggested paperwork... after all of this he still gonna work to have "an even better relationship"? Simps gotta simp I guess.

Dex-chan lover
But but... She's going to return with a human Duke on toll lol
Many thanks

shhh let him have his second male lead moments xD lol what if duke can only turn human if aroused or something 🤣

Group Leader
@amylance1215, I think it's great for Benjamin to help Astina. However, I think it's dumb for him to ignore her clear, uncoerced desire to carry out the contract, as he's obviously going to attempt to break it. When he thought she was there under duress that was fine, but now he sees her calm and in charge: there's nothing to save her from. She requested his help with the estate and he refused because he doesn't actually want to help her with her goals, he wants to advance his own goal of a deeper relationship with her. If he really wanted to help her, he should do as she asks. If he didn't want to help her, he should do nothing. Instead, he's going to actively interfere with her plans, most likely without asking her (since literarily that's how these stories work).

Double-page supporter
I mean, don't just friendzone the boy. Try and hook him up. Hopefully not with a maid who would try to poison him.

Benjamin is sus he is a good guy, but i feel like he is going to do something not good

@omnilynx
I think it's fine that he doesn't want to help with the Duchy. It's one thing to offer help due to worry about her safety, it's another to help the advancement of an unrelated territory.
She also stated explicitly that she would come back after fulfilling her duty. Mind you that duty involves having sex with a beast and bearing its child; any sane person would try to talk her out of it. So if he loves her I think it's logical to try to increase his power and social status to ensure he could be of help to her then.
And when you love someone it's natural you will want to get closer to them. He did not press on when he saw she would not have accepted. Instead he went back to become a better man, whatever that meant to him, so he could be her equal.
So far I see him as respectable. Whether he will go against her wishes and interests for his own selfish desires or not is something I have yet to see.
Thank you for raising some valid concerns. I sure hope he would accept whatever her feelings might be, and remain respectful and loyal towards her.

Everyone say hi Mr Friendzone, bye Mr Friendzone! that was fast, he got there and left, and is still thinking about trying to get her to like him and she's like i see right through that but only want and/or need your friendship

Users who are viewing this thread