The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady - Ch. 38

Aggregator gang
youre going to need to wait for us to meet Lumi to understand why their Primogeniture is so fucked up.
I guess we'll have to. The fact that whoever marries Anis becomes the heir still undermines the conflict with Al though, because Anis is still not the ruler in that scenario. Her husband would be. Did they have a reason to believe any candidates for the position would be supportive of her? What if the only viable candidates come from hardliner families? Her husband could force her to give up her ideals.

And the fact remains that until she married, Al was first in line for the throne. Her not marrying at all was always a possibility, or the King dying before she did. But Al acted as if she had dumped the role on him, when it was his role all along.

Dex-chan lover
T

They fought because she implanted the idea of equality between nobles and commoner into her brother (remember it's an isekai she's coming from our world where monarchy is long gone from most countries) and then left him alone against all the nobles who think commoners are shit and destroyed his plan to get rid of them and make a good country. Now it's her responsibility.

For his inferiority complex, is it really a complex when she easily destroyed all his plan?
They fought because she knew it would be a pain in the ass to deal with all the nobles and the Church, if she were to get the throne, and would likely tear the kingdom apart. Her inferiority complex brother didn't appreciate her just dumping that mess on him at a young age, and getting out on her own.

Group Leader
...Her inferiority complex brother...
inferiority sister complex brother, ftfy

I'm not sure if we're reading the same manga here. Algard hates the world for not giving Anis the privilege she deserves, and he went on a rampage to destroy it because of how much he loves his sister.

Dex-chan lover
inferiority sister complex brother, ftfy

I'm not sure if we're reading the same manga here. Algard hates the world for not giving Anis the privilege she deserves, and he went on a rampage to destroy it because of how much he loves his sister.
Yeah, he was also pissed off that she quit and left him alone, when he thinks she could have done that revolution herself.

Dex-chan lover
I dont get people in many of this manga com section going on about how Anis should change her country into a Democracy...
As if Democracy where exempt of all these absurd things like rich people have way better life than anyone else... As if a world where the near totality of the riches is owned by less than 1% of the population was better than a monarchy.

Dex-chan lover
I didn't expect to see so much of Jadwiga of Poland in that comment section here, but I feel compelled to paste this bit from Polish Wikipedia here (translated):

And yes, I can personally attest that in all my time learning history up to high school, Jadwiga was being consistently referred to as a queen and this comment section is the first time I'm hearing about her being a "king" (but history was never my favourite subject at school). So I'm really guessing this is just some curiosity/technicality of the law at the time, mostly interesting to historians (and yuri readers :p)

Anyway, that whole debate is at best linguistically interesting, but I don't think it matters that much. But I do think "ruler" would probably be less awkward unless this fantasy kingdom's laws are being similarly particular about these titles.
Iirc it was technicality. Not having a king AND anyone legally allowed to succeed him was a big no-no, so lords decided to crown Jadwiga as King of Poland, even if for the first years of her reign she was more of a figurehead than someone who has any say in matters of the realm.

Which sorta kinda matches with what Anis is facing right now, so I guess it's perfect excuse to refer to Anis as king

Dex-chan lover
Which sorta kinda matches with what Anis is facing right now, so I guess it's perfect excuse to refer to Anis as king
reading her biography on wikipedia, it sounds more like Jadwiga wasnt really unpopular or suffered from low crown authority but a variation of low crown legitimacy, pretty much the exact opposite situation of Anis where Anis has negative crown authority and virtually infinite crown legitimacy between being the legitimate daughter of the sitting king and queen, the Mother of the Industrial Revolution, holding the title of Dragonslayer, and being a Traveler.

the problem is the Conservative faction holds total political authority and the space between Infinite and Virtually Infinite crown legitimacy is still wide enough for that faction to oppose Anis.

Dex-chan lover
reading her biography on wikipedia, it sounds more like Jadwiga wasnt really unpopular or suffered from low crown authority but a variation of low crown legitimacy, pretty much the exact opposite situation of Anis
tbh I meant that similarity is in being crowned to be used as a political tool with no agency, and while popularity wise they're heavens apart, Jadwiga wasn't that much lacking in legitimacy, as iirc one of two last living great-granddaughters and grand-nieces of last kings of house Piast.

Dex-chan lover
tbh I meant that similarity is in being crowned to be used as a political tool with no agency, and while popularity wise they're heavens apart, Jadwiga wasn't that much lacking in legitimacy, as iirc one of two last living great-granddaughters and grand-nieces of last kings of house Piast.
and an elected monarchy is going to handle legitimacy differently then a theocratic absolute monarchy does.

Dex-chan lover
and an elected monarchy is going to handle legitimacy differently then a theocratic absolute monarchy does.
Frankly I don't recall Poland being elective back then. Ladislaus I ended the principle of seniorate, reinstating Polish Crown and bringing back the primogeniture. De iure elected monarchy began with Jogaila's son, and de facto with extinguishment of Jagiellon bloodline with Sigismund II August.

King Jadwiga was crowned based on primogeniture.

Dex-chan lover
Frankly I don't recall Poland being elective back then. Ladislaus I ended the principle of seniorate, reinstating Polish Crown and bringing back the primogeniture. De iure elected monarchy began with Jogaila's son, and de facto with extinguishment of Jagiellon bloodline with Sigismund II August.

King Jadwiga was crowned based on primogeniture.
most of my understanding only covers the 1444-1821 period, but as far as i understand it its not that they werent an elective monarchy and more that they increased the pool of candidates over time

Dex-chan lover
most of my understanding only covers the 1444-1821 period, but as far as i understand it its not that they werent an elective monarchy and more that they increased the pool of candidates over time
Yeah, what you wrote is true, but this is exactly the point. Jadwiga was the last person to sit on that throne because of her Piast bloodline (and not bribery or badassery). Anyone after her had to get the seal of approval from nobility, and the latter threw hissy fit whenever someone mentioned curtailing that privilege.

Double-page supporter
This is not the first this has happened, but king is a gendered term, only men can become king. Use ruler if you want to pander to the sjw crowd or just use queen.
Boy your clown ass must really hate the fate series then

Good lord tho Euphie ability to keep lying to herself or pretend to ignore the issues in her face even when spelled out to her really is something.
:p

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread