The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady - Ch. 37

Dex-chan lover
I love (and hate) this phase of the story arc.

In the anime it was reproduced in my opinion "too" celerely with several cuts, while in the light novel it is much more pronounced and detailed Anis's talk with the various nobles about the succession, Euphie's worries, the various dark thoughts that grip our protagonist who feels guilty for "overwriting" the real princess, her attachment with her parents (king and queen), and her lack of the use of magic.

In the Ligh Novel, it is also explained why in broad strokes (at least I have read up to the 4th volume) and as soon as I have a chance I will have to buy the later volumes to see whether or not Anis will finally find a solution to immortality or not..

I repeat... I love this Manga/Anime/Light Novel, but I hate this phase.

I remember something about Anis having to become a despot if she were to become queen?

Dex-chan lover
I kinda don't get it but I do know politics always make everything a pain in these stories, how bad does it get from here?
Most noble including "elder": MAGIC TOOL BAD, MAGIC IS ONLY FOR US NOBLE BLOODLINE!
If she becomes queen and continues to do magic tools
---> Get revolt, slurp the throne! Rebel time!

If she becomes queen and stops making magic tools
---> Very good, she finally listend to us, good grief, magic tools disgusted
---> Also treat her like a puppet
---> She also cannot enjoy making magic tools which was her only happiness/love

so basically, both ends is fucked for her.

at least that how I assume

Dex-chan lover
Tilty really drew the short end of the stick, huh. She's shoved to the side despite being the one who arguably knows and understand Euphy the best, but we can't have her be more proactive and take the spotlight.

Dex-chan lover
I kinda don't get it but I do know politics always make everything a pain in these stories, how bad does it get from here?

She basically has to "kill" herself to fit the mold of Queen: No Magicology research, no more trips into town to hang with the commoners, no more going out to collect her own materials as an Adventurer. But by far the worst part is the Nobility knowing she has loads of mana that she can't use wanting her to find a husband and becoming a tool to produce an heir, they never had any intention of taking her of her rule seriously she was just a stopgap until her child(who could hopefully use magic) would come of age.

Also, Tilty once again proving she is best girl.

Last edited:
Group Leader
I remember something about Anis having to become a despot if she were to become queen?

Rather than becoming a despot, she should simply give birth to an heir (who inherits the ability from her father to be able to use magic) as soon as possible with a husband from the nobility (in possession of magic) and remain recluse to her role as a passive queen and no longer be able to realize her dreams (magicology).

Dex-chan lover
Also, how did it go from "All Dukes And Siblings Involved With Coup Detat Were Summarily Executed By Own Hand"...
...to "Oh I Don't Want To Execute Our Son The Prince"?

Fine, maybe they have family attachment "different if it's me". Fine if the king/queen matured or times changed.
But going from "demonstrated in-universe willingness to kill traitors" to "traitors must live at all costs" is silly.

Maybe PTSD of having done that is why they're hesitant to have a repeat?

Like if you committed something 'bad' and feels bad about it, you probably don't just go 'welp, did it once before, time to repeat it again lol'.

Aggregator gang
...is the current queen barren or something...?
Or is it a possibility nobody wants to consider?

They screwed up with their son, their job to make another.

Last I checked, Sitting Monarchs were still responsible for their own failures.
They haven't stepped down or ceded their crown yet. Deal with their own mess.

Also, how did it go from "All Dukes And Siblings Involved With Coup Detat Were Summarily Executed By Own Hand"...
...to "Oh I Don't Want To Execute Our Son The Prince"?

Fine, maybe they have family attachment "different if it's me". Fine if the king/queen matured or times changed.
But going from "demonstrated in-universe willingness to kill traitors" to "traitors must live at all costs" is silly.
The Queen isn't barren but IIRC her pregnancy with Algard was difficult so it's a danger for her to have more kids. It's one more reason why Algard hates himself and the fact of his birth.

Dex-chan lover
Tilty really drew the short end of the stick, huh. She's shoved to the side despite being the one who arguably knows and understand Euphy the best, but we can't have her be more proactive and take the spotlight.
She led the entire chapter and said what was on her mind. What else would you have her do? Anger and frustration are not abnormal emotions for her, or out of character. Also, just because she's known Anis longer doesn't mean she's closer to her than Euphie--she's not. You're talking like someone is out to get her.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Can you give me some spoilers please?
This isn’t really spoiler I think but
The important part is the pain Anise will go through here, as she’s basically forced to take over the throne as we’ve seen and abandon what she’s doing so far. Sure doesn’t sound too bad, but when the nobles around only consider her to be there to be bred to make an heir it doesn't make her see anything good in her future, even more so when she has no attraction to men. She’s miserable but she still see it as her duty to do it and forces herself through it. Honestly this chapter shows it quite well that Anise is not feeling well, and it will only get worse the longer it continues.
Big spoiler that makes it mentally worse for Anise
The solution that is found to help Anise in this situation is for Euphy to take over that responsibility, which Anise isn’t happy about to start with, as she doesn’t want to run away after what she did to her brother. But to make it worse, to make it possible for Euphy to take over that role and have a claim on the throne she needs to abandon her humanity and mortality to become a spirit (this has to do with the founding of the kingdom), which is some serious business with its own consequences which Anise also don’t want. So from Anise POV everyone is working against her.

Users who are viewing this thread