The Monster Duchess and Contract Princess - Ch. 14

I already consider leslie my most precious daughter. I want to give the author my money.

Fed-Kun's army
Eli might still not be a good person, but her actions in the last couple chapters make her a more interesting character at least.

Thanks for the chapter!
What Bethrion was referring to when he said the man was cold wasn't just because they hadn't been running around looking for Leslie as TL/N said, but also because they would have been warmer or hot from the fire if they were close to it or from exertion of chopping carriage with axes to get Leslie out. Hence they were cold because they were nearby and standing still. As for Eli seems she's aware of how little value she has in the family for not having stronger powers and taking credit for Leslie's work. Would have been nicer if she had told Bethrion about Leslie's situation out of sisterly concern rather than fear of becoming the sacrifice if their father confirmed Leslie used her powers to survive. I wonder why she selected Bethrion's group considering he wasn't dressed as a nobleman so she didn't recognize him. Definitely shows how much abuse Leslie has been getting considering how stunted her growth is at 12 compared to other kids and Eli who's twice her size yet only 3 years older. Hopefully Salvatore will be able to keep Leslie with her and finish adoption plans. Anyone know how much time has passed between Leslie asking to be adopted and almost being burned in the carriage? Since no dates are shown it's hard to tell whether it's been a few days or a few weeks.

Dex-chan lover
@Hounder
She might have compared her to her little Sister.

Thanks for the Chapter. Gonna get interesting to see those two Heads Clash.

Dex-chan lover
@Nimroth Yup. Good to know there is actually nuance to her character, even if she is still a bad person. She has depth because of this decision.

@Hounder That's obvius, but she is talking about Eli being quite tall compared to Leslie who looks much smaller than she should, even though they have the same genes.
Until this moment the Duchess was giving the benefit of the doubt to the Sperado family, she had mentioned before that maybe Leslie could be small for her genes and not for the constant mistreatment, but seeing Eli it became quite obvious that if them would take care of Leslie, she wouldn't be so small.

Gah bro feels💕
Momma bear about to give a warning?
She sees how diff the 2 daughters are treated

I judge the writing based on how emotional I feel about it when I finish. I judge books based on my disorientation after putting them down, I stole the second line from a Tumblr post but tbh the writing is great.
Sure scummy characters are common and easy to use but just being an asshole isn't enough, it's the fact that everyone is just so scummy that it hurts. Reading this tilts me but I won't stop.
I stopped Jojo specifically because when I finished episodes I felt a wave of depression that the experience was gone, it was so goddamn good it hurt because I knew even if I rewatched it, it wouldn't be the same

Best oni-chan! Can't wait to see Les bonding with her new better family.

She is a lot younger than I thought she was. Alright I'll give Eli a chance, she if she can redeem herself.

ay damn you onion cutting ninjas, how can you let a child be so unsafe and insecure to the point that she thinks its normal to think adults will throw her into fire

i feel so much rage, this will guarantee me obsessing leslie to have a life she much deserved!

You know, I find it rather comical that Eli is afraid of the one thing Leslie would never want. I mean, it's so incredibly absurd! Especially with Eli thinking that Leslie would turn into her personality wise and their roles would be reversed. Seriously is she THAT dumb? Not a thought to mind that maybe Leslie is instead aiming to completely destroy the family not become part of it? XD

Users who are viewing this thread