The Monster Duchess and Contract Princess - Ch. 14

Dex-chan lover
@BlueCatMage Why shouldn't she? Her dad JUST got finished with doing a 180 on the treatment of her sister. She may have had doubts in earlier chapters that she didn't want to test, but her father then went and showed her an example of just how ephemeral his fatherly love really is from her POV when he suddenly tried to butter Leslie up.

@RamenRider: To me, I just can't understand people's mindless thinking when they expect others to behave exactly like them even when it should be clearly obvious that won't be the case. I don't like the whole mindless sheep mentality is what I'm getting at. Eli thinks Leslie wants the same things as her within her own family when she doesn't. Eli is not even thinking BIGGER in terms of what Leslie could actually do instead because her whole world consist of the Speardo family being the "be all, end all" in terms of power. That's what bothers me. Eli simply trying to protect her own position within the family and is not thinking about how Leslie wants out of the family. If any of this makes sense. ^_^;

Dex-chan lover
@BlueCatMage

Eli is currently too terrified to even try and consider Leslie not wanting the same thing. As far as she can tell her dad is prepping to enact the scenario she's imagining right now once he gets proof. Leslie's lack of enthusiasm doesn't matter at all because the main actor in these scenarios is her father tossing her into the fire. Is she going to expect Leslie to stop him? I sure as hell wouldn't if I was Eli. Leslie would go along with it rather than get tossed back in, maybe even do the gloating she's imagining as a bit of revenge at least until the Salvatores can take her away.

Dex-chan lover
@frosted foxes
No, I think she was just comparing her to Leslie since Leslie is small for her age.

Dex-chan lover
Yeeeess. Mommy and Onii-chan are an embodiment of readers' will and catharsis at this point, and it'll be amazing.
Looks like the Duchess just deduced that Leslie is malnourished and it's not just her giantess genes ruining her common sense.

Eli's fear is...pretty reasonable, in my opinion. Leslie wants no part of it, but Eli's just been shown very clearly that her father is an insane bastard and it's more than possible that he'll toss her into the fire. I'm honestly not sure where I want Eli's ending to be.

In some senses, she's also a victim of this family's demented traditions, even if it's the opposite of Leslie. She also definitely helped her little sister out, even if it was out of self-interest.
On the other hand...she's still a spoiled bitch, so...

Dex-chan lover
@BlueCatMage
many people just think that other are the same that they even.
Eli is afraid that his sis want his family because this is something tant Eli like. She didn't take Lesli place so she can't think otherwise.

I question the writing of this comic sometimes, but that last panel was fantastic. Of course, some other comics have much worse writing, but it can be jarring to find those bad moments when a lot of the other parts are good.

So she already remember Leslie’s height even though they met only a while ago... quite a good mother for the so called “monster”. As for the Sperados family, quite the good group of monsters for the so called “family”

Dex-chan lover
"You won't put me in the fire?"

Ouch. That was my heart, right there.

Dex-chan lover
It literally took the possibility of losing everything for Eli to feel empathy. She knows what she is doing is wrong so much so that she doesn't want to be on the other side of it.

I guess even if Eli's been bad to Leslie, she's a victim to this horrendous tradition in the family as well. And she's slowly understanding.. I would like to hope so.

I'm seeing a lot of posts about how the author is trying to make us feel sorry for Eli; they really, really aren't. The selfishness of her thoughts are on full display here, have been since she found out her sister had power.

She doesn't want to help her sister; she wants to avoid taking her place. That does not include helping her sister except as a necessity.

Wait do y'all really think eli is feeling sympathetic for leslie here? No! again she is just thinking about herself! She knows and she knew all along that what she was doing to leslie, the way she was treating leslie was wrong! But coz she is born evil, ugly by nature and on top of that the ideologies her parents engraved in her as a child, she didnt feel bad for doing all that stuff to leslie, she just thought this is how every child with no powers has been treated so its okay, it's the norm. Even now she wishes for leslie to stay out of the house coz she is afraid she will be in leslie's position (the child with lesser power), not coz she feels sad for leslie!

That bitch doesn't feel any sympathy or understanding or some sort for Leslie. She merely made sure that Leslie would be rescued before she used her powers so that people won't know about it. So that she'll still be the 'only' one with the powers awakened, is what she wants her father to think.

Users who are viewing this thread