The Monster Duchess and Contract Princess - Ch. 22

457499.jpg

So earnest and concerned. Poor girl needs some head pats.

Double-page supporter
GET REKT... NERD!!
i won't easily forget about what the sperados did! he said

Thanks for the chapter!
Looks like she's won over the servants which is good. Less likely they'll spy on her for the Marquis or help kidnap her. Good to see Leslie is opening up to the family and servants emotionally and able to enjoy things like a child her age should. Considering hot chocolate is something commoners can only have every now and then it probably costs a bit so would love to see someone explain to Duchess about why so much was bought and used. Not surprised Nyrokia is looked down on. Notice on page 23 the guy wanted to discuss the more popular theories of Avanton? Even today there are a lot of upper class people who don't like and put down anything that suggests any and everyone has the potential to be great rather than just nobles or descendants of a particular lineage. Probably view Nyrokia as someone scandalous suggesting judging people more on achieving full potential and merits, which most of the nobles probably don't have or wasted away by indulging in benefits while shirking responsibilities, as most nobles probably use their family name as an excuse to be treated favorably while bullying those they consider beneath them. Like Eli for example. She's the daughter of a Marquis, but only studied how to be popular and make grand impressions while expecting Leslie to learn all the hard stuff for her so could gain the knowledge without having to work for it along with the power over Darkness after Leslie is ritually sacrificed. Bethrion is a noble knight and strong but seems to be a muscle brain and not suited for detailed clerical work or complicated things like seeing the big picture of a battlefield as a whole rather than just the part he's in.

@Lili49545 Eli probably has learned at least the basics education wise. Agree spoiled rotten but probably is still required various lessons on etiquette, composure, dance, politics, reading people, and other social skills. Likely Leslie was forced to do all the hard studying of history, language, and other scholarly things that require a lot of hard work, time, effort, memorization, and sitting at a desk poring over books. Not enough info about ritual but likely along with power over dark magic things like knowledge and learn skills get transferred over as well. Otherwise Eli would be learning the things Ruenti went over while Leslie would be left in her room with minimal human contact and only fed enough to keep her alive until sacrificed. After all, since were planning on sacrificing her even before she was conceived there wouldn't be much point having her learn so much to make Eli look good by taking credit if Eli can't maintain the facade after Leslie is sacrificed and no longer able to do the work.

@Lili49545 Will be very hard for her. Eli was spoiled, pampered, and coddled while stealing credit for Leslie's efforts. So will have very little experience or learned study habits on scholarly studies rather than social ones much less the basics any other noble her age has learned over the years. Part of reason Leslie learned so quickly was couldn't talk back, stop, or refuse tutors and their abuse who could do anything they want as long as crammed as much material as possible in her. Eli however, has more authority than the tutors and likely to get them fired, punished, or ruined if they even talk poorly at her so can stall or stop them and go somewhere else as soon as get bored. Although will probably blame Leslie for her troubles rather than self-reflecting or accepting responsibility as usual, same with their parents. Would be funny if Duchess brings up a few stories of Eli humiliating herself due to not having Leslie to steal credit from and unable to maintain facade even with a few servants trying and failing to do Leslie's work at the same level.

Dex-chan lover
Yes YEEEESSSSSS Join us in the "Lesie is amazing and should be protected" Squad
This chapter is too cute, Thank you for the translations <3

I wonder how much Eli knows. The MC spent a lot of her time reading so it makes sense that she has a broad range of knowledge but Eli probably got the deluxe treatment. I can't imagine her seriously sitting down and studying history.

Obviously etiquette teacher was super lax with her considering her lack of grace when dealing with Leslie. Of course she probably just considered Leslie as a sacrificial lamb and therefore never used any of her etiquette skills on her.

I'm crying over a child that managed to mantain afloat a cookie boat on hot chocolate
Nuff said

Leslie is brilliant! I can't wait to see Eli fall flat on her face because without support that witch is nothing.

Get that love and don't let go!!! 得到那份愛,不要放手!¡Obtén ese amor y no te sueltes! Obtenez cet amour et ne lâchez pas !!!

@Mathiason
I totally agree. I think Eli probably was taking lessons but her lessons were more geared towards social aspect. The sacrificial ritual probably would've transferred the knowledge acquired by Leslie to Eli.

I can't help but think that Eli might be screwed now though. If they were originally planning on having Leslie transfer her knowledge… that isn't going to be happening anytime soon. Eli might be keeping up her face up right now but I can't help but think she's screwed in the future. There seems to be a lot of material she'll need to catch up. Of course I wonder if she's as of a learner as Leslie is. If she is might be able to to do it after all. Of course it might still be hard because it seems like drilled the MC pretty hard.

Users who are viewing this thread