The Monster Duchess and Contract Princess - Ch. 57

Dex-chan lover
I underestimated the Salvatore duchess. She obviously expected something like this to happen. Leslie, however, has a long way to go. She was played like a fool.

Dex-chan lover
Mama is here to save the day T-T
I like that we can kinda see Leslie panicking and being confused, since it is establised that she is afraid of fire. That's not something you can easily overcome.

Mamma to the rescue.

BTW, the sperm donor is a dead Marquess. 😅😂🤣 That fool! At least it's only Konrad he's facing! 🤣 If it were Daddy Dearest & he could disable the darkness—😅😂🤣👌🏾 THIS IS MY DWARVEN VIKING MITHRIL BATTLE AXE!

I didn't realize the Duchess married Gimli, son of Gloin! 🤔 😅😂🤣🤣👌🏾

So lets review Mr.Sperado's Brillant Master Plan to see where it went wrong.

1. Find a maid who was close to Leslie (If it turns out non exist because I punished and elimiated anyone who vaguely tried to show her kindness my plan is completely screwed)
2. Threaten Maid into cooperation (If she has nothing to threaten after I threw her out then my plan is totally screwed)
3. Have maid give Leslie gift and invite her into a trap (If she doesn't manage to remember such a minor act of kindness or doesn't show strong enough trust because of it then my plan is totally screwed).
4. Pray to god that not only does Leslie never take the bracelet off but somehow decides it's a good idea to leave herself completely unguarded (If she so much as allows a guard to enjoy her meal with her or the guards reject her leave request then my plan is totally screwed)
5. Send a bunch of throw away assassins to try to prevent rescue (If it turns out one of the strongest families in the ENTIRE EMPIRE isn't really slowed down by a few worthless pawns then my plan is totally screwed)
6. Make little to no effort into making sure non of this is traced back to me including: Directly threatening people. hiring tons of cheap pawns that will probably rat me out, try to kill her using the same method I've used multiple times already (If anyone isn't a moron and starts to target me because of this I am totally screwed)

But seriously. Even on the most basic level his plan completely relied on people he had no control over doing exactly what he needed them to do. Even an idiot should realize this would backfire horribly because even with Leslie acting stupid and playing into their hands the plan in no way controlled the Salvatore family to make sure they didn't interfere at the wrong moment. I'd call this bad writing if Sperado wasn't established as a complete moron by this point already.

@Metazoxan
Thank you for pointing out everything that's wrong with his plan.
Somehow it doesn't even feel forced from the author's side of things, but exactly what the Sperado guy would do. Like he(Sperado) feels so smart, that only he himself can appreciate his genius.

Mamma Bear's come to collect her endangered cub!! <3 <3 <3

Marquess is for sure going to die, I'd say rest in peace but I'd sooner see him resting in pieces (and preferrably then have those pieces thrown into the nearest volcanoe).

Dex-chan lover
Woo Mama Bear to the rescue!

Also I like the fact that maid actually tried to help, after realising how badly she screwed up.
I bet that colourful bracelet is preventing her powers, though it could just be FEAR.

They r all so cute and cool and handsome
Every single one of them
But of course the most is the mama. Leslie ur mom is the coolest

Fed-Kun's army
My gosh. Thank God there is no torturing and no harm was done to her this time.. 😭😭😭

@Micro she said before when she wore it, that the bracelet felt heavy so its definitely that

@Metazoxan tbh, he's pretty unhinged at this point and I believe he received one last backing from the Queen Dowager. If anything, by sacrificing Leslie, their daughter can get her powers and they could either reclaim their title and potentially garner more power under the Queen Dowager or flee to another country and repeat the sacrificing cycle.

I just really hope that this will make Leslie a bit smarter. Honestly it broke my immersion a bit when a child that lived a life like hers could be so stubborn in trusting people that hurt her. Like. Come on, you're gonna go against what your new parents taught you and be careless when there have been multiple attempts to your life ?? Really hope she learns and matures from this, but am very afraid she wont and make the same mistake in... let's predict 17 chapters or so.

Dex-chan lover
Oh good, I thought they were gonna drag this out super long and maybe succeed in capturing leslie

It really seemed off that Leslie was stubbornly making them go out of the restaurant... I mean yea she's still a child, but she's been through a lot and she knows how her how her parents barely even let her go to this restaurant in the first place. I hope she learns from this so it wouldn't happen again *crosses fingers*

Users who are viewing this thread