The Monster Duchess and Contract Princess - Ch. 57

Ughhh still no foreseeable use of the hint of the draft in the underground room eeeeek

Aggregator gang
3 more chapters until season 2
(4-year timeskip and a grownup leslie)

Aggregator gang
This chapter was a letdown all around. The resolution was meh and the leadup was unbelievable.

The sperados can kiss their asses goodbye now that their bloodline will be permanently obliterated from the face of earth

This arc is the point where I'm going to sign out on this series. It's gotten so dull that I've lost pretty much all investment in what's happening, I don't even care about seeing the Sperados receive justice anymore. Both this and the noble trial where just set up and executed so poorly with the majority of the noble trial being solved through ass pulls including technology we never saw either before or after it, to this restaurant plan which could have been totally prevented by literally having one person behave with any degree of intelligence or any number of other total coincidences. The Sperados being dumb and incompetent doesn't even make the Salvatores or Leslie look better by comparison because they were actually dumb enough to fall for a plan this stupid and obvious.

Double-page supporter
I dont get why people bash this arc so much. Leslie might be smart but she is still a child and prone to emotional turmoil so mistakes are bound to happen. Just because WE can see the Sperado's intent, does not mean others see the same thing; the POPULOUS are not very informed. Its a political conflict between nobles, it is by the end of the day a power play that EVERYONE in the higher ups wants to be benefitted. But that is just my opinion.

Can anyone spoil me on what's going to happen to the sperados now or are there more stuff like this happening where Leslie keeps getting stupidly trapped and baited?

YESSSSS
THIS WAS SUCH AN AMAZING CHAPTER
i am so happy that her mom came in to save her and her dad is ready to ambush Sperado

Dex-chan lover
People sure don't like this arc. I see what they're going for though. The main conflict here plays into Leslie's troubled upbringing where anyone who treats her well earns her trust and affection. Her level of intelligence and her naivety are at odds with one another in this arc, and it goes to show that Leslie still needs more growing to do. She isn't perfect, after all.

Well, I read the spanish trans (thank you lord for google translate) and things get drawn to a good close at the end. They explain why Leslie acted the way she did and I think this was needed for her character to develop. :)
Either way, Papa bear & Mama Bear are goals. <3 and someone protect Sir Konrad too. He's just too precious.

Aggregator gang
@shishamo it would be nice if that would be the case, but the autor and the blue haired bitch still need the bitch sister for the church stuff the duchess asked leslie to do so she has plot armor for now so............................

Double-page supporter
"we're casual acquaintances" -konrad
"Rushes to help Leslie at the first inkling of news" - also Konrad

For everyone bashing Leslie's intelligence, in the story, what does Amora do that would cause her suspicion? Time and time again, Leslie is shown to trust people because of people's eyes. She saw fear, but she never saw malice in the maid's eyes. In a household with no love, Amora is Leslie's closest version to am old friend.

Adults are blind even when their family tell them their "friends" are taking advantage of them, what makes you think an 11-yo, who never had a friend betray them, gonna do?

The only thing that's infuriating is that all the adults around leslie are dumbass.
Leslie gets a pass because she's a kid. But all the others don't. They're adults. They shouldn't let their little lady in the hands of a stranger, however kind she seems or whatever are the orders. I'm sure there is some sort of hierarchy and if mom tells them to always be by her side then even if Leslie cries she can't make them go away. That's just stupid.
As a parent and an adult you can't just give your kid full power, otherwise they will put themselves into danger because they don't know better. It's common sense. That's what is wrong with this arc.

Users who are viewing this thread