The Monster Duchess and Contract Princess - Ch. 58

Dex-chan lover
@codydub03:
If only were that easy... XD But that is not advisable, because the nobility can accuse the crown of undercover dictatorship and the Salvatores of negrigence at best and collaboration at worst. And that's REALLY bad because the nobility could raise in arms and cause a civil war.
Regarding aristocratic systems, specially those who are been around for long time, is that all nobles want to expand their influence, prestige and privileges by any means. Anything that would threaten their ambitions are to be removed and/or left to rot.
Remember the noble trial? Do you think that the Sperardos fell from grace because they did something horrible to Leslie? No, it was because they fell out of grace with the royal family HARD(at least, the emperor, empress' support is not open because she would lose face were the Sperardos to fail, and even them, for her they're just tools), they were publicly shamed (nobility has to show "noblesse oblige", even if they later eat babies in secret) and they had a bitter enemy in the highest ranking noble family in the empire: the Salvatores. That's why the Crown prince said what he said afterwads: their mistake was that it got out, not that it wasn't bad. True, there are good nobility like the Salvatore, but they're a minority. And even then the Salvatores are not saints: they're able to bring direct harm to another noble family without repercussion and the hold so much influence in the emperor, to the point to get away with grabbing him by the collar with DEMANDS.
That's the kind of people the emperor has to deal with on a daily basis.

Fed-Kun's army
@Korvalus
Hmmm...I do, understand most of it especially about the part of being caught. I mean, you'll never be known as a thief until you're caught with the bag in your hand. It's just.... "Regarding aristocratic systems, specially those who are been around for long time, is that all nobles want to expand their influence, prestige and privileges by any means. Anything that would threaten their ambitions are to be removed and/or left to rot." Is exactly my point. Everything is portrayed one way. The "nobles" do whatever they want while the Emperor is basically in the mindset of "out of sight - out of mind" and does nothing or pretends that it never happens in the first place... While the Empress Dowager is taking actual steps against one(or more) noble family(s) and its known that she's doing it. If the royal family does take action, but doesn't have any results or they don't take action altogether out of fear for a revolt, then what actual use are they? Why would someone want to be in a position where they would have prestige but nothing else. It's one of those things that makes everything about perception, the royal family is basically a face and nothing else. Yet, everyone is aiming to be the face. It blows my mind. Don't get me wrong though, this is one topic we could talk about forever. We do see it a lot, but sort of mainly in like "dynasty" type mangas. It's relatively odd in a "middle-age" sort of setting.
You have a strong, famous noble family(Salvatores) that does most things "by the book" and no help from the royals... Yet, you have a noble family that was revealed to be a overall terrible family and they get help "openly" from Empress Dowager, with no repercussion? All because he what fears a revolt?

Dex-chan lover
@codydub03:
That's... actually mostly it.
Think about what would happen if the emperor actually punished the Sperardo more severely and denounced the Empress for the support she gives them.
For starters, that would bring a public rift within the royal family: the emperor in one side and the Empress, which includes the crown prince (a can of worms on its own) in the other. The nobility them would divide themselves between those camps, with the Salvatores being obviously in the Emperor's side mostly because the Empress is out for their blood and the Emperor is easier to work with. The rest would go to the side which most benefit them because they're nobles and that's how they roll. In the meantime, both the succession and the legitimacy of the current Emperor would be put into question which brings politic instability that can be taken advantage from either other states or even internal factions which want to get more power. And that would be the start, before any noble actually do something.
There are several mangas that deal on how bad an aristocratic system is, but among them I recommend these:
https://mangadex.org/title/17720/koushaku-reijou-no-tashinami
https://mangadex.org/title/42822/the-holy-grail-of-eris (this is actually over the top and not that into politics yet)
https://mangadex.org/title/20719/risou-no-himo-seikatsu (THIS ONE, without a doubt, the best one)
Oh, and in medieval times there was ALSO political intrigue, but they usually resolved them by hitting each other in battle or tournaments.

Hope she learned after this. She was exposed to death before, that's why she searched for them in first place, they are stronger and can protect her. She needs to understand that doubt isn't bad but just a way to secure her be her family safety.

Dex-chan lover
Hopefully, she learned some lessons from this.
Don't trust anybody blindly, Leslie!! ><

What's the point of having darkness powers if she NEVER uses them
She already had a bad feeling about the bracelet and wanted to tear it off her wrist, so why didn't she after realizing something had sealed her powers? Lmao. When will we even see her use her powers in a real situation

The only good thing here was Konrad because we get to see him in a different light. Everything else is becoming dull and laughable. I got hooked on this story because of the very beginning. It was dark, tense, and rich in development. Now, we have lalala chapters with villains portrayed as idiots and clowns. I remember reading these chapters thinking how scary her family was, but now I can only expect them to try stupid and predictable things. Her magic gave me shivers and now we see non of it. No development, same ol same ol pretty much.

These solders will forgive her in an instant, you bet on it, even though they suffered for the last two days. They will all laugh it off, pat her on the back and tell her to stop crying and move on until another predictable trap.

Dex-chan lover
well, I just want to get this marquess business behind us and move on already. I look forward to seeing the plot become more interesting again as it heads towards stuff regarding the kingdom.

And seeing Konrad get mad like that was great

i hope thats the last of the sperados we'll see. unless they get to be written with a cunning and more brilliant ploy.

Dex-chan lover
I can understand cutting down speredo's lacky's, but he always seems to force commoners to do his bidding doesnt seem right

She’s loved by people after being maltreated and unloved by her very own flesh and blood. Glad she understood the consequences of her actions. This will now be a lesson she has to take to heart. I’m guessing she’ll have more enemies. I’m not sure who, but I’m looking at you blue haired queen. Let our Leslie be happy.

I'm tearing up ._. Leslie is always blaming herself for everything that has happened. It's because of that damn Sperado 😠 Leslie herself is a victim, the very victim, and yet she thought all of this is her fault

Yo, seeing a normally gentle character like Konrad getting angry is strangely hot faacinating

@Uyangaa565 sorry for the long overdue response! By scolding her I meant sit her down and explain to her calmly or let her explain what she did wrong and make her promise she won't repeat that (that is making her guards and maid leave her side - it is something she might do again after all if she relies on her powers in the future!) . It's perfectly fine for anyone let alone a child to make mistakes, so it's her parents' job to teach her better! And then give her a punishment like 100kisses or hugs or something 👌👍 Not to mention that if they stop tiptoeing around her can she finally begin to forget about the past and enjoy a true family life instead 😁 its better not to treat her like a special case and therefore always remind her she is different. Don't tell me Ruenti or Beth wouldn't have been scolded until their ears bleed! Gentle Leslie Salvatore wouldn't need that so 100 kisses to her family as a punishment will suffice 😂

Users who are viewing this thread