The Monster Duchess and Contract Princess - Ch. 58

why are ppl forgetting that she’s a traumatized little kid who’s bound to make dumb decisions? why would u expect a kid to think so far ahead to realize that a seemingly good person would try to kill her bc their child was sold off...

So glad the duchess bad it in time! 😭 She’s so cool! Carrying two people so casually.

Ugh those bastards. Make them pay! What scum they are.

Yes! Go Konrad! So cool!

Ugh I totally cried during the last scene. I’m glad Leslie realized her mistakes and immediately apologized. She’s just a kid. Hopefully this will help learn in the future the correct way to do things. She’s going to be so great when she grows up.

I can’t believe we’re two chapters away from the season finale. Hopefully we don’t have to wait too long for season 2! 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Thank you for translating this chapter!

Double-page supporter
Ugh making Leslie cry again is unforgivable.... I hope Amroa and her daughter are ok.
I will freak if the Sperado punishment is prison or banishment... those disgusting monsters deserve at least death

@aikyo_hoshi but lets not forget she is a heavily abused child. Personally, i cant scold a child like her(for now). So rather than scolding, i hope they let her know that danger is always there and they cant protect her all the time.

Fed-Kun's army
@shinrakvsa because those that complain are projecting themselves into her which they shouldnt. This isn't a reincarnation story in the first place.

Actually I'm not upset about Leslie's behaviour. The family are also to blame. She feld bad because for the first time she saw her actions has cinsequences on others. The adults should stop doting her and saying it's ok because clearly it's not. Someone (I forgot his name but I think the captain of the guard would be a good choice) should have a talk with her, and told her what she has done was wrong. Now that she's a salvarore, a strong noble family, she can't just act on her emotions. You can't dismiss your guards like this. Especially when treats are still there.

Those soldiers where already devoted to her, I bet they would now take over the kingdom if they had to to protect her :D

Dex-chan lover
Well, trap's over, Lestie is safe. That's a start. Unfortunately...
The trial and punishment of the Sperardos is disappointing. The Marquis and Eli try to deflect blame to each other to the point that even the Emperor facepalms. Literally. On the good side, the Sperardo family finally loses their noble status and get demoted to commoners, with the addition that the marquis is condemned to lifelong jail.
On the bad, ELi is saved due to her position as priestess candidate, and is freed from the dungeons by certain priestess we know on orders of "you-know-who". Also the marquis' carriage to the hellhole of jail he's condemned suffer an accident on-transit and he escapes.
On the neutral, Amroa confesses her crime, and the Salvatore rescue her child. Because of what she did both her and the baby are exiled from the kingdom, but the put it on hold until ther baby is healthy.

Fed-Kun's army
@Korvalus Thank you!
This is exactly why "wise" kings are idiots(not that he is a wise king in the first place, I just don't know what title would be in the same sentence as king when we talk about this current emperor). They do nothing for the people and let the people beside him have free rain on whatever they want.

Dex-chan lover
@codydub03:
If you think about it, being top dogs in any political system sucks a lot. You simply cannot throw your wheight around because you can if you don't want to risk censure of other high level nobles and accussations of tyranny (and that's a big deal) or you may find that government becomes a living hell because everybody is boicotting your reign.
Even worse if there are other political figures with similar power to you, like the Empress Dowager, because malcontent nobles can turn to her to push their agendas and you may end with a court war soon enough if those same level figures are or becomes antagonistic; which happens in stories dealing with royal succession. To avoid that, it's better to have powerful allies within the court to keep everybody in line, like the Salvatore; even if it means to be pushed around from time to time.
In the end, the Emperor can only hope to do what he can without pissing off the nobles, the Empress or the Salvatore, lest he risk a political mess up of insane proportions.

Dex-chan lover
@Yopy Agree. The adults need to teach her that her actions could cause people to lose their head. She has that much influence on her surrounding.

Hmm it was bad judgement on her behalf...she needs to understand she has enemies

Fed-Kun's army
@Korvalus I know.
It's just kind of irksome to see a person of power be completely useless when everyone around him is literally doing what they want. Also, when a justified case of a crime that is presented WITH proof the people that committed the crime practically get away with it, not only once.. but twice. Nothing makes you seem more like your a puppet than when you get used by other people and nothing happens to the users... It's like who cares about whos getting the thrown after him, when they have the perfect puppet right now... He's the most "powerful" man in the country/nation kill the people he doesn't like and hide behind the Salvatores protection. Lol
Okay, done ranting xD

@Asbolus I'm not disagreeing with you completely, however... No matter how mature she seems she's still a child. It's not the same as throwing your (warrior)child to lions to teach them survival. I know, I'm going to get some hate for this... I think the Salvatore's parents unintentionally used her as bait. They could of gave firm instructions to her guard and maid that couldn't be changed by a child even if she is a "master" to them... Having our MC mad at you for not listening to her or having Mom/Dad Salvatore mad at you, which would you rather deal with?

Users who are viewing this thread