The Monster Duchess and Contract Princess - Ch. 58

😍
am i the only one who thinks konrad looked especially hot in this chapter 😂

Fed-Kun's army
@CosmicWitch
In theory, yes if 2 nobles ( parent and child) give order, of course they'd follow the parent's order but I doubt the parents specifically told the knight "don't ever let her out of your sight", if they did then it's justifiable. But usually the thing with orders is that there are some grey areas left and when the knight (or servant or whatever) makes their own judgement, if it ends well then there's no problem but if it ends badly they're treated like they've disobeyed an order even though they weren't specifically instructed on that issue.

So if you go "protect the young lady but don't upset her" and then the lady yells at them and is visibly angry with them and because they think it's completely safe (they are just outside and theoretically they can burst through the door in 0.0001 seconds) then it makes sense to me and they shouldn't be punished. If their orders are "don't let her out of your sight under any circumstances even if it upsets her" then they're at fault. But seeing the way her parents care about her emotional state a lot, I doubt the knights were given the second order.

We stan a MC who can acknowledge their mistakes.

Much love for the updates.

Dex-chan lover
@zDarkness
Yea but you have to remember that she is still a kid who is starving for attention and care. That maid was the only person out of anyone that actually took care of her. The maid was the only one in that house that Leslie could place her trust on because of those experiences.
It hasn't even been a year since she left and so those memories are still so fresh while she is still traumatised by years of abuse. A kid like her would cling to anyone that has showed her a sliver of kindness. She maybe mature but she is still a kid who needs care and kindness.

Dex-chan lover
@broadsword80
Don't really see why they would. This time it was her idea and plan. She didn't learn from the first time, doubt she learns from the second. She may not even be allowed a third attempt, if you know what I mean.

@Akera93 i clearly remember the maid stating that they were ordered not to leave Leslie completely alone ever. That was right before she stepped out of the restaurant and said she'd send in a knight on her behalf. so yea lol they had precise orders. yet they acted on the whims of a child and relaxed instead of taking charge right away when the maid stepped out.

Fed-Kun's army
@broadsword80
up till this incident, i was willing to give her the benefit of the doubt and say bad circumstances and being a pawn, but this incident took that away.

fairly sure she doesn't get an arc and im not 100% if she outlives the story.

Dex-chan lover
I should really stop reading comments. Some people are just jerks...

Core building for two days. That's dad punishment for you ahah

Aggregator gang
@broadsword80
Eli betrayed her own father in that scene,. I'd be surprised if we don't find her as a back alley prostitute in a bit, that's assuming she survives the punishment

Fed-Kun's army
@Odina21
I don't remember that part but if that is the case then it makes sense. I think they love Leslie a lot and don't want to upset her but they should've obeyed their orders nonetheless

Aggregator gang
Ugh my fuckin babey, I mean it's true she really did dive head first into that trap but she's also so innocent ;-; babey..... ;-;

Awww~ Leslie is a wonderful lady who can acknowledge her wrong. That puts her a whole dimension from those other nobles with more ambition than brain cells.

Dex-chan lover
Lol the Duchess just kicked the wall away.

Also the Sperados are fucked now. 🙂

Users who are viewing this thread