The Monster Duchess and Contract Princess - Ch. 63

Empress a bigger b*tch than Marquess Sperado lol Thought Sperado was the worst in this story? they got us in the first half not gonna lie

To be fair, if Leslie knew, she'd probably still say yes. And by the holy power of MC-ness, she'd survive it

@doradora I think it's because Eli can be easily discarded and nobody would make a fuss. She's in disgrace, her noble house is no more, her mother left, father missing.
Her only connection is her engagement which clearly doesn't matter since the prince did not visit for 4 years.
It's stranger that the engagement is still on going but there's probably a reason for that since I doubt the prince is an idiot.

But the dowager is clearly using the nuclear option here.
A weapon of absolute power which would destroy everything if it got out so even good people will obey you since they don't want innocents to be harmed.
Add in a permanent fear of death which works on everybody and you might feel invincible.

I wonder how Leslie's powers are doing since the dead kids kinda got revenge with House Sperado now gone.

Dex-chan lover
I don't get it. Why would the whatever Elpeltis end up in the empress dowager's hands? This whole chapter was written as if the Arabella's single job was the carry the thing into the empress dowager's hands. Btw, wouldn't the empress dowager die as well when she touches it? I just don't understand.

Oh gosh, don't you guys love how these petty villains keep blowing hot air into themselves to get higher? As for me, I can't wait to see them running out of fuel! 😈

Wow I knew that blue headed hag would be one hell of a big boss or something and Eli is somewhat similar to a disposable tool to her and still looking at how that brat was acting, seems like she thinks highly of her self and dang I wanna execute Wednesday Adams' plans on murdering those abusive punks

Fed-Kun's army
My baby Leslie, better be safe. I’m counting on her powers having a nullified effect on the plague where she can literally devour it in darkness. I need her to be safe. If worst comes that she can’t fully handle the plague her man, Konrad, has to come safe the day with his holy powers. I need them to have a happy ending. Why do all the good ones play with my heart, like damn this Manhwa is good, but be still my heart.

I feel the duchess is being a bit naïve here in allowing the news to affect her plans.

Does she not understand the mental pressure that gets put on a person who signs a contract but never called on to fulfill their part of the deal? I have and it is more brutal the longer it goes on. Our cute Leslie having powers are likely enough to ensure her safety the way things are progressing and you can't let a madman get hold of a nuke.

I bet that when Leslie finds out the danger involved, she will still resolutely offer to go.

@Zeroxjac It was said that Arabella is chosen every 4 years, and since the original text or whatever prophecy didn't specify their gender, Arabella's role swithes between girls and boys. The next time Eli has a change would in 8 years, and she's already a adult by that time.

As to why she uses Eli, she's easy to control. Way too easy. She doesn't have any family left, and her pride and honor that was life-important yo her was trampled upon.

Fed-Kun's army
@Kaarme she says her kingdom had info about the Pandora box, so I believe she has a method of keeping it from harming her and her alone. Honestly, she just needs a Abe Lincoln treatment at this moment.

Fed-Kun's army
@DaoFox but you’re not thinking from a mother’s / parent standpoint. If you are in any way a good parent you’d want to prevent your child from being in danger no matter the cost. So I understand. We also don’t know the level of control Leslie has with her powers since even when she is in danger she either doesn’t use it or can’t. So how would she deal with the situation is another thought to be had.

Group Leader
It would hilarious if the deadly plague was something that could be stopped with Lysol, and Leslie's powers pulled out a can and sprayed it down in the dramatic scene.

Fed-Kun's army
Well, if she uses the darkness then she doesn't have to "touch it", does she?

Dex-chan lover
Look at her thinking she can control a bio weapon lol. Hope that Prince and Blue Haired woman die from it, oh the irony that would occur.

Dex-chan lover
Since when is part of being the arabella taking out the box and giving it to the dowager? I thought they just prayed in front of it or something. too bad they can't just launch that shit into the sun with magic lol.

Wait. Huh? That seems less like a twist and more like an illogical plot device.

Why is this the first time we are hearing that everyone who gets sent dies? There's no way nobility would send their children off to the gallows like that. Honestly, that death sentence doesn't seem like something that could be easily hidden. How is that not common knowledge (other than for "big reveal plot time," I mean).

That was reaaally contrived and came out out nowhere. The other thing about the Empress dowager betraying Eli and plotting behind her back was obvious the moment she visited her.

Users who are viewing this thread