The Monster Duchess and Contract Princess - Ch. 71

She complained of revenge and her envy of Acela because she became leader of her own right, well, Medea seemed to be living peacefully and luxuriously despite complaining about her "despicable" husband. Yeah, we might not know what happened between her and the previous emperor, though I reckoned she must've killed him off somehow. But I don't get how useful using the Sperados in her plan for?? Her only issue is that, she wanted to be like Acela but she didn't. She could but she did not choose so. That is her own fault. She took the easy way out to power by becoming empress and then dowager empress. So, that's her shortcoming?

The pacing of this arc seem to be really slow (I don't mean the translation / uploading!! U guys are doing amazing! I meant the overall pace of his whole test arc.) It's like so many points being introduced back to back and it's getting a bit overwhelming hahah... Leslie's ongoing test... Her sister and dad being reintroduced (and then disappearing for a bit)... The ML's family problems... acelas thing with the empress.

@winterkaguya The Dowager wanted to wed her son to she can rule by proxy and use an easily manipulated family, the Sperados. She can dismiss them so they don't gain any influence and maintain her power over her son.

She wanted to rule as part of the ruling family, to have that superiority. She was born a noble and basically wanted to be respected as one. However, she is a hypocrite. She wants the respect you would get if you climbed up from nothing. The respect others give to talented people, yet she refused to become talented as she sees it as troublesome or unbecoming of a noble.

However, upon witnessing the Duchess, she realized her way of thinking was flawed and chose to do everything in her power to prove the Duchess wrong and make her way "right". In a sense, she is trying to justify her actions up to that point. The justifications of a criminal are always twisted.
"I killed that man cuz I had to. He was looking at me funny." "I robbed the store cuz I had to, not because I refused to work."

@Waffley If I remember correctly, this arc is the final arc for this story except for some extras, since it's a 2-part story. So that's why everything is coming together now!

Dex-chan lover
@neo_child To a degree I can see where the dowager's vengeful entitlement comes from. She's the last royal heir of her home country, which got conquered by the previous emperor of the current nation. She refuses to just die out, nor spend her life as the previous ruler's trophy bride.

Can somebody explain to me what's the relationship between dowager and current emperor? I'm really confused about who's holding more power between those two and why she can do as she wants even though she's a princess of a fallen nation

Dex-chan lover
@GiraffeNeck its not likely, despite her title as a 'monster', the duchess is actually care for the kingdom people, so if civil war can potentially harm normal citizen, she will likely try to avoid that, or at last make a stage where the people isnt harmed/involved.

Dex-chan lover
@Himetsu Dowager empress is the wife of the previous late emperor; thus making her the current emperor's stepmother. She holds a lot of power over the current emperor because she's a crafty, cunning schemer who's used her position as the late monarch's widow to centre a good amount of socio-political influence around herself.

Can someone tell me what to do if I keep getting " This chapter is unavailable", I've been getting this message from the previous chapter too

Dex-chan lover
Well, those two are fucking useless. You literally let her walk in to another person? HAH xD Wow, some immense bullshit incoming.

lmao wtf, both of them were right next to her and they couldnt stop her from walking into someone 😒
Thanks for the update!!

@Adekael If you keep getting "chapter is unavailable" recheck if you are log in on mangadex. If that still does not work that contact a member of mangadex via discord and they will look into it to resolve it for you. I hope this help.

Users who are viewing this thread