The Monster Duchess and Contract Princess - Ch. 71

Double-page supporter
Medea's logic: if I can't be like her I'll destroy her!

I've read this entire comment thread and I'm STILLL confused on the dowager's deal. Like does she want to be the most powerful person OR run the royals' reputation/reign into the ground?? Her actions are contradicting: (1) trying to ruin the prince's/emperor's reputation by marrying/associating with a fam (Sperados) that she's trying to ruin; (2) having the duchess start a civil war with the royals & ruin her reputation by killing the daughter, thus getting more power. Cuz if she does option (1), won't she be associated with the emperor/prince and go down with them??

If anyone can break it down, please do!!

Thank for another chapter, though!! <3

Group Leader
High society talk: ENGAGED

real shit, I cant understand this chapter at all lol

im proably projecting but hwoowowhowhr the empress and the dutchess relaitonship romantic connotations? enemeis to lovers? whowoow. "I wanted to be her friend, but I instead made her my enemey"
Who hand-picks a bouqet for their enemey. what homosexual actions
Thank you for the chapter!

Double-page supporter
oh no she ran right into the heroine! or at least that's what anime hair colors have taught me.

It‘s been a week and I still cant read the chapters...
It say chapter not available while another can read it...WTH

This is why I love mature female characters in stories, they just give a whole different vibe and arguments than our typical younger MCs (I do love them but u know, mature powerful women are so freaking awesome and badass! >u<)

A friend? A thot? I'm inclined to think the latter since Koreans usually use pink on thots 🤔

And then, did the former Duke die? I would have loved to see his grandpa side showing over Leslie 🤣🤣

@n6vi I'm so glad I'm not the only one who got those vibes. The dowager empress has the same vibes as that "I wrote a note to my crush saying get out of my school" post. But like, also scheming and manipulative and murderous. Something that couldn't (and tbh shouldn't) ever go anywhere in canon, but a fun "what if?"

Double-page supporter
It's sad how the empress dowager has a communication disorder. Though if she didn't we wouldn't get as much plot and drama!
(but it does make us readers cringe whenever we see her true thoughts)
let's hope the older sister wins and meets her untimely fate!

Dex-chan lover
@Rolyat_101 I believe the empress dowager wants to do both.
She intends to take over the current royal family from within, and then elevate herself to become the most powerful person in the country by proxy of her son, Arlendo, becoming the new emperor. I believe she partly sees it as revenge because her own kingdom was conquered by the empire back then. (You took over my country, so I'll take over it from within.)

The empress wants to get rid of the duchess because not only are their beliefs polar opposites, it's also because the duchess is fiercely loyal to the current emperor. (Emperor and duchess have been best friends since their youth.)

@zz2000 But can she even become the Emperor, by law? Like I've been getting the patriarchal vibe from this series -- at least for royals.

And Thank you so much for breaking that down for me!

Dex-chan lover
@Rolyat_101 Even if the law prevents her from officially becoming emperor, her influence over the court (and her son as future emperor) will guarantee her behind the scenes control in making the big decisions, the power behind the curtain.

I have a strong feeling it won't go down this way, but imagine Leslie goes up there to move the Elpeltis, only for her shadows to keep a very subtle buffer between her hands and the box such that it never transfers the disease to her.

I don’t understand why these two are fight lol, they both hate the Speroror family. I understand that the Duchess saw the letter as a threat and the Dowager [?] However, It Seems Medea to have just genuinely wanted to warn her. It sad that she was married of to the kingdom that killer her parents though, know wonder she is bitter and she has every right to be. However, all royal marriages are based on politics and power, not love. The Dowager is in her legal rights to choose a family she thinks will be beneficial for her son….either by hook or by crook within monarchy law. Keeping power only towards the family is the based of a monarchy in the first place.

Also the Dowger shares the name of the MC from "to be you for a day"

Users who are viewing this thread