The Monster Duchess and Contract Princess - Ch. 75

Thanks, at least there's an update. Even if it's done by another group
Idk what happen with NASS but they've been MIA lately

Dex-chan lover
@SwampPoTaTo It's such a boring as fucking trope though. Bitch sister/sister like character remaining a bitch until the end and likely dying or being sent off somewhere in exile. It's also far more one dimensional dull trope

Dex-chan lover
I have to say, I really hate this whole charade. This slow-burner hunger-games "throw em to be tribute" sort of shtick is a pain in the ass.
A socially accepted cauldron that burns up a person or two every decade, and it springs out of nowhere as if it never existed? Even if it's not well known, that's just a so bloody convenient. It's dull and annoying. It's like every thing in the entire world is trying to kill the MC, and it has to be played as if it's a mystery. What's next? A grand battle royale that chooses its participants via lucky bread draw, that the MC so happens to pick? And she finds out it's a fight to the death only 80% in? Come on.

What @mahtan and @L_Nikto said wasn't a spoiler. This issue about the Arabella and the Empress Dowager's plan was actually brought up in the previous chapter's comment section and I, like a lot of readers, forgot about this. So in Ch 63, the Empress Dowager (ED) says "I don't care who becomes the Arabella as long as they bring out the Elpetis from deep within the Temple." They say the Elpetis is such a strong illness that anyone to touch it would die. In fact every Arabella who touched the Elpetis died but all the records in Artvana (the ED's fallen empire) were burned so no-one except Artvana royalty would know about it -- that's why the ED sends the Duchess that warning/threatening letter since th ED considers her a friend.
But somehow the ED wants to have the Elpetis' "power" in her hands so "It'll become a strong weapon for Arlendo," so she could then use that "power" to make Arlendo the emperor. The ED actually wanted to sacrifice Eli since she's "an easy to use pawn" but didn't account for Salvatore's new daughter to join in. In all, this whole grand scheme will probably be better articulated in the official English releases cuz I'm still a lil confused

And I think she probably did find out @mahtan cuz Eli was fighting to be an Arabella before.

♡♡Thanks for the chapter and info @elezend!! Love your work for Beatrice too lol

Users who are viewing this thread