The Monster Duchess and Contract Princess - Ch. 79

Ah, the sources of ridiculous doting have increased, as they should 🤣

Protect this precious child! đź‘Ź

this is cuteeee HAHAHHAHAH thank you for the mass release, I thought you dropped this mahwa

@Browniewhiz it's not totally racism...its just their first time seeing strangers with a different skin color and culture so they were stunned and scared of the unknown people.....in the manhwa, all of the empire's people are white-skinned so yeah....

ISTG THE GIRL WITH PASTEL GREEN HAIR DOWNSTAIRS IS SO BEAUTIFULL

Will she be on screen often???

Many thanks for the CH 5 CH?!?!

You guys are truly amazing such amazing

Dark skin tones, how coooool (and long overdue in manga!) And what charming people they are. Also quite pleased how the meeting went. Since it's playing in an ancient setting with ancient belief systems it is somewhat accurate. Even if wholesome us may feel uncomfortable over the notion. It is still technically correct that humans can get surprised over new encounters. And let's not forget that just a bit before a huge cute daddy lived through the same thing due to having an outer appearance that partially is very opposite to his inner workings. And it easily put attention to how even people who went through discrimination aren't safe from how our brains work. In "shelves". Since it's easier to make swift judgements in everyday life by making incoming information better processable.

The confrontation with anything unknown can trip us and that is totally normal and alright. The question is always in what we make of everything once we're past the first surprise(s). And what we make of things once we start to again shelve the new information into (possibly new) shelved for better processing.

Open-mindedness doesn't stem from the taboo of discriminating (aka selective) thinking. It stems from becoming aware of the process and doing the shelving consciously, repeatedly re-evaluating how we shelve. :D

Fed-Kun's army
Lazy job on those characters. They look like they just changed color of a brush. Is it too much to expect actually different phenotype?

@tikibo you really can’t satisfy everyone’s tastes lmao, just enjoy the story without having to be so over-critical about everything you don’t like

Fed-Kun's army
@rai7 nah, when you want to include racial theme, maybe try harder than just paint over typical character.

Also, I will enjoy it my way, thank you.

Aggregator gang
its all cute and good but i still want to know that bitch(empress) endgame, at first she wanted the bio weapon so she used that idiot of a sister to get it but then she got horny and wanted to be friends with the duchess and now she practically gifted the position that could get her the bio weapon to the daughter of the one she likes basically killing her but for what purpose of her doing any of this?

@Tikibo
Lol, I’ve seen other people with similar comments as yours. When artists “color over” their characters, they say: “Why couldn’t they try harder?” But when artists actually take the time to draw out ethnic diversity, the same kind of people either 1) say: “I really like how [the artist] represented PoC!” or 2) say: “Why did [the artist] draw them this way? That’s racist!” ...I really hope you’re more inclined to be the type 1 kind of person.

And btw, if you look closely at their features, you can see a little bit of diversity. Although it’s not obvious, the artist does their best to show it in character style. But art is limited to the artist’s imagination, so please try to take it with a grain of salt.

Users who are viewing this thread