The Monster Duchess and Contract Princess

I hope this group keeps translating, I tried reading a head on other sites but saw that those sites had horrible translations

Dex-chan lover
Fun enough idea, but the writing is just awful. Plot develops in completely laughable ways; there's zero depth, everything's just plot-convenient and rushed ... and of course all the characters are pretty one-dimensional.

I thought it will be great because up until chapter 70, it’s very interesting. The personality, plot and everything but then it came training nonsense. Really, it’s so exhausting to read because Leslie as a character can’t maintain her personality properly which made me dropped.

My only issue is
why hasn't she matured since time skip? It just feels like I'm looking at a taller 12 year old. For someone who is two years from being an adult she hasn't matured at all. It feels like the time skip is purely for the arabella tests but nothing else has changed...

I’m a little bit disappointed Ellie doesn’t have a redeeming arc though... part of the appeal of the beginning of the story was that even though their parents were evil, Ellie at least was only another child, and the story could have gone anywhere with her once her sister was gone. Instead, she just kinda ended up a flat villainess...

Dex-chan lover
Is the group preparing a mass release ? Bacause right now the raws are on chapter 85, I would love to get caught up ^^

Dex-chan lover
i hope adult Leslie got better design.. cur her tween self looks like,, don't hate me, I'm just stating my opinion, i don't hate Leslie.. but she looks dumb lmao pls don't hit me.. she's adorable as a kid with that big bang design but right now, lol as if she's hiding a big forehead! not dat I'm against big forehead so don't come at me wwwwwww

It would've been awesome had the FL grown up to become a baddass swordswoman like the Monster Duchess

can someone explain why the church is being hostile to leslie other than their relationship with the empress? Is it her power or something else that they dislike?

@redsox02
The head priest became intrigued by the MC when her knight took the brunt of his trick during the trial and is also motivated by the Empress to keep a tab on her. The dark magic being made apparent to him got him even more intrigued. So it pretty much a predator trying to toy with his prey kind of relationship from my interpretation.

@zDarkness Take a break, trust me nothing is better than taking breaks from series when they don't know what to do with themselves. You can then come back to multiple chapters.

I've read the critiques in the comment section and i completely agree luls

I need stories with witty MCs, like the Villainess with the Hourglass. Any other recommendation?

Mmmm, I’m glad that they turned a cliché, fall into despair event around and had her stand up for herself, you’d think that would be the choice you choose every time but you don’t see it often enough, especially in good stories like this.

I’d the author reads this, you did a good job :D

Users who are viewing this thread