The Monster Duchess and Contract Princess

I understand why Leslie didn't go full terminator mode against the high priest, but damn I wish she did. Could have just solved the problem then and there...

Yeah, real life is a completely different matter of course but in stories it's usually so much less pain and problems to deal with if you just murder an idiot villain who reveal themselves like that in a perfect opportunity to get rid of them. Sure killing the head priest would cause issues but nowhere near as much as she's going to cause in the future anyway. And the whole event is such an obvious setup so it'd be easy for her family to investigate and figure out who was behind it. Having her die by the shadow thing in that situation would make it seem like an accident (less serious than blatant murder) because there is no way anyone could ever discover it happened afterwards instead of at the same time, or might not even be tracked back to Leslie at all.

But this is all moot anyway since that's not what happened. And knowing who an enemy is can help you figure out who they are working with, what their plans are etc provided you are smart enough to let someone trustworthy know about it.

Wow i love Leslie so much. So cool and clever heroine. I am also glad that there was no template with doubts about loved ones. Leslie has a very correct reaction. She's not a killer

im sorry but it is getting a bit boring and it is weird that she is acting like a stupid child sometimes and then again like an adult.... I know her situation was bad but the development is weird. Also her understanding of humans is still very weird

For my two cents, having decided to drop it after chapter 74, this one feels like it's in an infinite holding pattern, even what's supposed to be important developments feel uneventful and shallow. Nothing really happens, despite things moving on in a rather rapid pace and it's all pointless intrigue-- thus far nothing has resolved at all and the story is in the same place as it was a few chapters in. Also the main character is pretty much all over the place and seems to be whoever fits the scene, making it very hard for me to care about her and her life. I'm more interested in the background plot and that for me is a very bad sign when it comes to slice-of-life stories. Especially the mahou-shoujo-esque 'villain of the week' really gets on my nerves.

I think it would have worked much better for me in a dramatic format with some kind of act structure, or even the character-arc episodic structure so common in longer format manga.

Although I thought I ought to be pretty solidly in the target audience for this one, turns out I really wasn't. Guess I'll go back to dumpster diving for trashy isekais to keep my expectations in check....

I have lost all my interest in Leslie (read till ch 74), I quite liked her before but after timeskip she just gets boring with a really boring character design, I wish they could have drawn her better like novel. Some parts of story still interest me but it mostly gets nowhere and reading feels tiresome.

@shuxnori012 agreed, except for that only the first few chapters felt interesting to read due to cool plot but few of the characters have depth, and pacing feels off+unnatural progression... dropping this ^^

Mannn- I don't really ship them together,,,
And I think this story has a good premise, but the doting is kind of getting out of hand....

theres another really shitty translation, halfway through chapter 82, but its painful to read from them, I wish this group would continue :(

Some molten hot takes in the comments as usual. The second season is a bit tedious Eli and the Dad aren't interesting enough to keep around as the antagonists and the second season completely lacks the over-arching pressure of the first. It's odd to see this classified as slice of life, as other than one or two chapters its more less one continuing linear narrative.

man this used to be one of my favs but it's just so boring now...the villains and even leslie tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread