The Monstrous Duke's Adopted Daughter - Ch. 11

Re-read and this part still makes no sense. The thing that confuses me is why the golden-haired children became important to begin with. If a child with silver hair is a 10 and the golden-haired children only 8 after the transfer, then why kill the silver-haired child??? Wouldn't it make more sense for them to protect the stronger silver-haired children and sacrifice the weak to make the silver-haired even stronger than the other way around? Why are the golden-haired children treasured instead?

Dex-chan lover
@HarukaNazu i don't quite understand that part either....but i guess they value tradition more than the power itself? but who knows

The other 2 percent is transferred to the next silverhead, leslie's power is an accumulation of that 2% during centuries

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!
he knows

Fed-Kun's army
@HarukaNazu @owlette maybe the child with the family characteristics awakens earlier than the silver haired child, and they assumed that the one with the power first is the only one with dark magic? And that happened throughout the generations after, so it just became like that, and the silver haired kids were treated like trash. Then a generation found out that that wasn’t the case, and the silver haired kids were the ones with the stronger power, but then that got lost in the earlier ideals. So in conclusion, they most likely base it off on looks so they could really be “proud” that the child with the power has their looks, or something. This is just my speculation, though.

Hello there, time for calculation !

So. Let's calculate the potential power of Leslie :
We do know that there wasn't any dark users since a hundred years, and that the empire exists since thousand years.

Let's say that a generation is 25 years :
So :
(1000 - 100) / 25 = 36.
So, if every silver head child keep 1 or 2 point while he transfers the power, then she has between 36 and 72 of power (out of how much ? I assume it's out of 10, since it's the given example, maybe 20, and if someone can slap my face with the real score, I'll gladly turn my cheek)
But, it's rare ! But we saw that there are quite the number of arms/children that we sacrified !

So, two hypothesis :
One is that the case is not that rare at all, and so she as indeed 36 to 72 of power
The other one is that the sacrifices are made since more than a thousand years, so she may have even more !

As for why to makes her a sacrifice @HarukaNazu, I believe she's the first one to awake her power, it never was the case before. Before, they had the power, but were just containers, while their big bro or big sis could control them

I genuinely do not know how she isn't crying every second of every day. I would LITERALLY die if I had that family.

cnb

It was way too convenient for the father to find that diary with the precise information to out Leslie, specially since in the last 1000 years no one in the stupid family apparently knew it.

Double-page supporter
So it's osmosis. But fudge. These people are greedy heretics. They don't deserve more time tbh.

If only her scars weren't fully healed she could at least 'show' it to powerful people that would interpret it as abuse etc & grant her freedom.. but that might not work, as the royal family was just as inherently evil. That explains why the prince was as cold as ice even after he saw things.

Double-page supporter
@Kapuche I think what happened was, as the old diary said, "but that wasn't always the case". I interpret that sentence as it's the other way around for our FL.

This family has been sacrificing the silver-haired children so the first borns/blond-green children can absorb the power for themselves, but I guess what happened to our FL was that she already had the power within her as she's the 'true heir', so what happened when she was burnt was that she got the full awakening to the rest of her powers & now her sister is simply empty. Also, as she also finds out that her power is as strong as the first ever heir's so it's not comparable at all to her blond sister's in the first place. & I also think that the souls definitely helped to let her have all of the accumulated powers because she wants to live, to oppose the family & change her own fate (this heretic family thankfully didn't know about that soul part at all).

Can't wait when she'll finally turn the long party dinner tables onto these greedy people. Btw, I assume that her power pointers are at least hundredfolds & as she matures, it'd simply be infinite.

Supporter
"Why is the daughter i treated so horribly glaring at me? What could be the reason i wonder?" - That bitch

so it's like maybe one of their descendant with golden haired has a younger sibling which is silver, then after growing up then researching it, they see that silver haired are the "special ones" so they decided to kill them in order to gain that power because they have this belief that golden haired are the real member of the family.

Fed-Kun's army
how dare she use the sacred idiot sandwich ritual for this kind of shit.....let them burn! BURRRRNNNN!!! xD

Dex-chan lover
1000 years and he's figuring things out by a book that's randomly conveniently dropped there? Oy, writer ...

Users who are viewing this thread