The Monstrous Duke's Adopted Daughter - Ch. 39

BREAK IT BREAK IT BREAK IT BREAK IT BREAK IT BREAK IT BREAK IT BREAK IT BREAK IT BREAK IT BREAK IT BREAK IT BREAK IT BREAK IT BREAK IT BREAK IT BREAK IT BREAK IT BREAK IT BREAK IT BREAK IT BREAK IT BREAK IT BREAK IT

Double-page supporter
@Aslinn I don't think he dispelled the high priest's curse. I'm pretty sure he took all the pain on himself instead, that's why he was shaking later.

Aggregator gang
Make his arm sound like an ASMR video while he screams heavy metal!

@Trollity Leslie ain't no normal rabbit, and Monty Python knows all too well how vicious rabbits can be. :p

@EOTFOFYL Shoulda ended it with "It's snowing on Mt. Fuji." :3

Really, all that build-up and that's it? So easy and anticlimactic. I thought it would be more, guessed the author got bored in the middle of writing this arc.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES
GOD I LOVE THAT BABY BOI KONRAD AOKSNB2HWUIEKDF HWIEFRKGN THANK YOU FOR THE UPDATE
I agree with what others said, I think he took the pain on himself! He probably figured out that it was tampered with. GOD HES SO SOFT

Dex-chan lover
Marchess is so dumb that even his lies got used against him. 😂

Now time to put some fear into him Duchess! 😎

Now go back to chapter 1 and watch the entire family happily throwing Leslie into the fire. None of them deserve any mercy, I hope they all get sentenced to death.

@Angelnickl - Unfortunately, for the sister. . .
According to the raws and Google translate, after Eli has her engagement to the prince voided, she goes off the deep end. She returns home to her drunken depressed farther and convinces him that all they need to do to fix everything is kidnap Leslie again and put her back in the black fire so she can inherit the darkness power. I'm not sure what happens next since they haven't gotten to that part yet but I honestly don't think that with how spoiled Eli is at her core from constantly being viewed as the favorite sister and then being brainwashed into believing she'll attain great things if she gets Leslie's power of darkness, that unless something really drastic happens to shock her very core beliefs then she's not gonna be able to redeem herself. Honestly, because she doesn't see herself as having done anything wrong and yet everything she feels that she rightly deserves is being taken away from her, that whole mindset of hers needs to be fixed or she'll never progress as a character. We'll see though.

Supporter
Hmmm. So I am curious as to why Konrad's hand was shaking. My guess is that it was strain from breaking the high priests hex or, and this is what I think/hope it is, we used his powers to "take" the pain she felt so she would be fine. I like the second one because it:
A) shows how much of a badass he is for pokerfacing that much pain.
B) Would be a bigger gesture of how much he cares for her/the right thing. Breaking a hex might be straining, but it is something most people would do, even for a stranger. To take on the pain of another? I think that takes a special kind of courage to do. One thing I always loved about the "Sword of truth series" was that magic healing involved taking the pain of the wound on for yourself. It adds a much more "personal/real" cost to the action.

Users who are viewing this thread