The Monstrous Duke's Adopted Daughter - Ch. 43

If Leslie was more jaded, she could easily kill everyone in the Sperado family. Same with the Queen Dowager if she wanted. Do they not realize this? I would not push her to the breaking point lol
Leslie is too nice though.

eli is so amazingly freaking dumb... like "oh i know that's the plan that just failed, not once, but twice, and landed us in the situation but like... what if we do it again😍"

Dex-chan lover
This isn't really related to this chapter specifically but....Why did the Sperado family teach Leslie so much if she was meant to be a sacrifice from the beginning?!?! Even if it was to be spiteful via harsh tutors, there are better ways to torture someone than through expensive tutors no?
[ul]
[li] Leslie said she was supposed to support Eli when they grew up, but that's obviously a lie right? Since she was meant to be a sacrifice [/li]
[li] The mother even said she didn't want to have a second child but was begged by the father. So she definitely was a planned sacrifice. Originally I thought maybe the father found out about the power transfer sacrifice later in life but that can't be. Since the flashbacks to his childhood and begging the mother for a second child basically confirm it[/li]
[/ul]
Does anyone have an answer for this?

@StickyTar lol right? I mean seriously... Well, this time the father has that anti dark magic chain in the basement. Even if the main point of the chain was to raise the stakes of the trial, it now could have a proper purpose on the plot.

Dex-chan lover
@llamallamaduck I was always wondering along those lines too... like tbh I thought that it was kind of a plothole because if they were gonna abuse her and kill her anyways they might as well just keep her in a cage her whole life so she doesn't learn things like "The Duchess can protect me" or "My life sucks compared to my sister". I guess this just proves the Sperados are a bunch of fucking nerds, but realistically I think it was probably just to build up sentiment for the reader.

But on the topic of Leslie being raised to "serve" Eli I'm pretty sure they were just referring to how her death will literally "serve" to make Eli more powerful, thus she was only being raised for her sake. Whenever they say anything else they're literally just lying to make it seem like they didn't just plan on killing her later on lol

Dex-chan lover
??? HUH??? yes burning her will get you the honor you lost and your title and the emperor will go "yes I guess that trial never happened" and everyone would forget that makes sense.

Double-page supporter
I have a feeling that those cursed chains will be used sooner or later, but for now, its great to see how low they have fallen. that test is gonna be a breeze for our Leslie

Users who are viewing this thread