The Monstrous Duke's Adopted Daughter - Ch. 44

Man, the hole that her uncle mentioned in the letter and this, the flags and foreshadow are just too strong to ignore. do we really have to see our Leslie suffers again? :(

Well even though it is stupid of them trying to burn Leslie again, there might be more less then noble families who are against the Salvatores, as it was mentioned in the chapter there might be people who would go after them to see them fall and elevate there own family in the process.

Dex-chan lover
@arcsalvo They are finished anyway, though. They are selling jewels to afford food. Their reputation is also in ruins. Eli will lose her only hope, the marriage with the prince, if she can't beat Leslie for the ceremonial role, yet she knows she can't. So, they might as well risk it all. Like I said in the previous chapter's comments, succeeding here can possibly solve their problems. They became a relatively high ranking noble family because of the power of darkness, unique in the empire, so if they can demonstrate they possess it again in sufficient strength, there's a good chance the emperor will simply prevent the Salvatore family from destroying them. Or even if House Sperado still is destroyed, if Eli manages to marry the prince, it's not like she would care anymore what happened to her drunkard old man and the rest of the broken family. Good riddance the name Sperado and all the infamy it gained. She would be a princess, after all.

If they fail... Well, they were on their way to ruination as it was.

Dex-chan lover
You'd think the emotional scar the Duchess left on the father would be too much for him to even dream of going against the Salvatores.
I, also, find it ridiculous that the sister thinks, even for a second, that her stolen power would be a match for them. She must have her head so shoved up her own ass to believe they will just throw up their hands and shrug it off should they succeed in killing, let alone harming, Leslie.
The kingdom, no matter who they are aligned with, wouldn't be able to save them. It doesn't take a genius to understand they are, quite literally, playing with fire.

@Kaarme I don't see anyone being able to stop the Salvatore from slaughtering the Sperado's and who ever else dares to stand in their way if they manage to harm Leslie, I mean there is a reason why they are called monsters, as was once again explained in this very chapter. The Emperor's authority or Eli being engaged to the prince don't seem to be things that the Salvatore would care about in such a situation.

Dex-chan lover
"It's so simple. We just wrap her up in chains and then set fire to the room. It worked so well in our purpose built sacrifice room, so it'll be easy to do in the house of the most powerful people in the country. What could possibly go wrong?"

Users who are viewing this thread