The Monstrous Duke's Adopted Daughter - Ch. 44

Really love how all the other knights are also enamored with how fluffy Leslie is! They too can relate to wanting to hug her. I feel like that Head Knight's warning is foreshadowing to a future arc, ngl.

Also can't wait for the rest of the Speardos(?) to get bad ends.

Dex-chan lover
Ahhh, this week our precious child is taught about a very dangerous emotion: salt.

(Seriously tho the knight guy here's sweet... and I'm glad the baby has a new honor gaurd of like 20 dudes.)

"Use your brain father." AHAHAHA You're so smart I am sincerely impressed.

Contributor
Leslie already have great dark magic, if she train a lot to get a good physical condition, she will be someone to be feared too, like her mother.

Anyways, her training set is adorable.

Fed-Kun's army
I think she'd actually be able to surpass her mom. She's already quite magically powerful. She just needs to build stamina and strength which she couldn't before from lack of nutrition. Obviously, that's changed now and she's healthier. The longer she lives a healthier life, I think she'll be able to succeed in this endeavor.

Dex-chan lover
She probably won't get as stronk as the Salvatores, but her power will definitely let her be a formidable magician, and likely surpass their magical prowess.

I thought that knight was implying that the Salvatores actually gained their reputation as monsters thanks to needing to commit heinous acts in order to end the war. That would have been pretty interesting, how they have done some messed up stuff, but are ultimately still pretty good people.

Dex-chan lover
Of course the entire guard is like "Protecc the young miss."

Little Leslie is still so wholesome. She tried so hard, cut to the core of the captain's words, and acted mature for the situation.
His words were a little harsh for a bit there, but the captain's warning was also respectful and considerate.

As far as Leslie's potential goes, her magic will stomp without question, so it's mostly a matter of getting her poor abused body in shape. Just in time to bypass the Spearado plans.

Dex-chan lover
Okay, let's be real here. She may be well read, have crazy magic powers, etc... but physically? Leslie is a runt who has been nutritionally deprived in some of her most formative years. If they asspull that she gets as physically strong as the (in)famous superhuman bloodline, that's just bad writing.

Dex-chan lover
Leslie and the Salvatore family make me smile. 🤗

The Sperados on the other hand...the stupid burns so much...

@Swift - So far, the dialogue has emphasized how frail Leslie looks, so chances are she won't be superhuman-level physically strong. Since the original point about Leslie was her powers of Darkness, the writer will probably focus on that more eventually, and she'll be more mage than swordie. Or whatever the Darkness is.

*cough*Estacado*cough* 😋

Dex-chan lover
Fuck the Sperado douchebags. Yet, I still feel a little sad for them because the father and elie are a product of their environment. No one is born evil, it is something you become. And kids are very suspectible to manipulation. his father was an evil piece of shit, therefore he became an evil piece of shit aswell. and he did the same as his father did before him and transferred the evil piece of shit thing to Elie. Although feel more bad for Elie though, since everyone in her life is a piece of evil shit douchebaggery, her father, mother her fiancé. she and her dad are a product of the environment they grew up in. Don't get me wrong, they still deserve whatever punishment is coming for them. to end it on a good note, I don't think Leslie will ever be as physically strong as her mother, but with enough physical and magical training, she will become a force to be reckoned with. Possibly surpass her family too. She is also the most kind smol being, that deserves all the happiness in the world.

Awe, mother and daughter outfits. As for the Sperados, they are dumbasses. Though, I don’t care for Leslie’s biological mother. I hope she stays away from this stupidity as their house will certainly fall into ruin.

I have to admit I'm disappointed in the writing regarding the Sperados. They're so single minded and simply written that it's getting dull. From the father starting the trial at step zero being a raving madman to Elie and him defaulting to attempting murder AGAIN they come off as way too evil to take seriously. I think I would have liked to see some more development in Elie especially since earlier on she went out of her way to save Leslie, admittedly for self serving reasons but it would have been interesting to see her perhaps start working in different ways and actually show some cunning. Maybe have her start secretly working against the royal family because she know they plan on leaving the Sperados in the lurch. Anything beyond them just being cartoonishly evil and dull witted.

Dude I fcking swear when is the family arc going to end ;-; why can’t Leslie have a normal life ;-;-;;-
Thanks for the chapter!

Users who are viewing this thread