The Monstrous Duke's Adopted Daughter - Ch. 44

Dex-chan lover
@TheAmazingNil
I agree. Earlier on, it felt like the characters were a little bit more nuanced. Back in chapter 26, the Duchess even asks Leslie to reconsider using her powers for revenge. So it's not like it's unreasonable that they might forgive Eli, even if it's just to the point of downgrading from execution to some other lighter punishment.

Then again, we just got done with the climax of a big story arc, so perhaps there will be more chances ahead as things start ramping back up.

@JACGohu @Swift
True. But Hart did say that in the Salvatore family, they can either have one or the other. Whether it's immense physical strength or magical power. In terms of physical strength, they never needed to be good at swordsmanship because their strength is so great even swordsmanship does not matter to them, I assume.

So while Leslie may not be able to achieve physical strength, she may be able to at least achieve swordsmanship, which is still something the Salvatore does not have, according to Hart. And if she complements that with her darkness power, she would probably still be quite a formidable fighter. Especially since it seems to imply that she probably has one of the strongest darkness powers since the first darkness power users over a 1000 years ago.

So my guess is that Leslie will eventually realize she cannot exactly be like the Duchess. However, she may become a "monster" in her own right? That would be cool, though. Imagine that. This diabeetus inducing little smol girl is going to end wars just like her idol, the Monster Duchess 🤣

*Enemies starts a war*
*Leslie shows up and smiles*
Everyone: A smile of an angel~
*Darkness tentacles spread out and wipes out all enemies in a matters of seconds*
Everyone: ... on second thoughts...

PROTECCC THIS PRECIOUS CHILD !! Also how fun will it be if Eli accidentally burns herself to death

They default to burning her in fire again?!?! Common author you've already had them do that twice!! Come up with a new evil plan at least

@Katrina You shouldn't worry main evil plan is already in motion.
Funny thing while I have read (bad) transcript of original story I have never hated Eli for some reason.
In the end Eli will not die but I still feel bad for her fate in this story.

Dex-chan lover
She spoke well in her age, that's why we need to increase the quality and the quantity of academy/school.

@Cearb @Katrina

Roughly speaking, though, Eli is as much a product of her tragic upbringing as the rest of her family—the breeding of "monsters."

The one that I find more concerning is that prince & the royal family.

As for Leslie and the Duchess, I predict that the Duchess sees herself in her as well as a worthy successor to her house capable of uncovering and eliminating the evil in the crown. Someone who can bash that crown Prince's head on just like the Duchess does to his father. 😅

I can't wait for Leslie to grow up, she will be so powerfull and badass

Can anyone who read the novel spoil who was the one who burned the Duchess's face? From what that knight said, it seems like it was someone close to her (since it supposedly hurt more emotionally than physically).

Aww, duchess obviously showing off in front of Leslie. No way she wouldn't know Lelsie was there

Users who are viewing this thread