The Monstrous Duke's Adopted Daughter - Ch. 51

Aggregator gang
@Derael and as I said I get it. Dont get why I am still being replied to when I didnt really complain at all about it and just suggested the other guy's side viewpoint. Hell my only complaint with the whole magic thing was a warning to the guy dont use magic to justify everything such as the age thing as those were separate imo and you brought up good points. Although the social structures do seem to be largely in place in terms of normal medieval stuff just with the exception of magic users.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@theilikepie was referring to the adopted one. (Who takes out an axe just from a standard letter proposal?) But now that you mention it, that guy is even more psychotic.

What I was referring to was that the fathers in these stories are all "crazy for their daughters" in the "Murder all suitors" kind of way. The only difference between this guy and the other stories is that this guy isn't single and isn't the "all powerful King/mage/insert job class here" that gives them all sorts of attention and perks. Instead, the power went to his wife this time.

The father would be "controlled" by his wife (so he can't act too out of line) and is genuinely happy with his life, lowering murder hobo tendencies. (A happy man who has a whole family would not be as extreme as a traumatized man who may or may not have only one daughter left)

Double-page supporter
If you marry a man, he must be cute. Unfortunately, that's a rare quality in men. 😒They do exist, though. 😄

@Arkos Honestly, the setting is far more Modern/Early Late Modern with some Medieval-ish stuff thrown in, making it fairly anachronistic rather than strictly Medieval. Just take a look at the clothing, to say the most superficial of things, they are far more 19th Century/Victorian than 15th Century or earlier, and the discrepancy between that and the technology displayed so far.

Dex-chan lover
Lol they came up with an impossible man so she'd never get married

Dex-chan lover
Ok, quick guideline

START HERE! Is a marriage proposal to someone twice your age creepy, especially if said younger person is a child?

If your answer is YES (and honestly, trick question, cause it is whatever may be the "politic" *blegh* reason)

I
I
I
V​

Then what does it matter if it's fiction or not, especially here on this manga site where fiction is being read on modern times...it SHOULD be adressed in some way or form no matter what and never glossed over.

And this webtoon did, and much much more. Props, 100000/10, someone give a prize to the author

(Sorry now for any grammar/spelling mistakes I may have made, my mind is barely keeping at 3am right now)

Papa bear , you are the cute one.
When papa bear first met Leslie, he tried to hide his face under cape to make his face less scary.
Chapter 15

x16.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Papa is the cutest husbando there is and second cutest person if you include Leslie.

The Salvatores were just about ready to collectively maul a household over Leslie and it was precious. The girl can detect sincere malice too, so her fear said it all.
I'm normally kinda iffy on this trope, but nah. Fully on board this time. Don't any of those men dare thinking about laying a hand on nearly everyone's adopted daughter Leslie. I don't want her to have impossible standards or anything, but she deserves the best at least.

On that subject, I wonder...just how easy it would be to manipulate Leslie into agreeing? Because while she appreciates affection and kindness like nobody else, she could smell the Spearado's bullshit from a mile away and nobody's better at picking up on evil than her.

Regarding the age thing...yeah. Ew and "culture of the era" and all that. I honestly don't mind how they take it as long as they have a proper conversation about it with Leslie, because she'd probably accept it if she had to, but her family seriously wants the best for her.

Lmao. This chapter was cute. Especially the father.
Also, "just kick them" xD

Fed-Kun's army
glad that most of us in the comments have braincells and have come to the consensus that an adult going anywhere near a child is bad! the same cannot be said of the readers of other manhwa/manga/manhua (im looking at you "i am a child of this house"...)

anyways, love that the duchess straight up said to make sure that hes eye candy material so he can be a trophy husband of sorts fkjasufaf

Double-page supporter
"Of course I did...but don't tell him that!" That man is the kyootest butch hetero I've ever read about or seen!

The trope reversals here are lulz.

Just wanted to point that out!

Strong female noble with "adorable" "pet" husbando who is a "bear" of a man, whom she finds "adorable". A wonderfully "kept" husband of the "Amazonian Queen" trope. 😂😂😂 Such a reversal. Course his axe murdering impulses aside, if a creepo were to try something (see the sperm factory), their house would be razed to the ground with fire and terror—and that would be generous compared with their "punishment"—but, I'm seriously chuckling at how the Mom rules/runs her house/family. She's so radically stoic and calm while her "adorable" family of "routy men" are kept in check—part of me chuckles to think that she's raising Leslie to lead this bunch of knuckleheads and protect them from themselves! 😂😂😂 (I also wanna see her extended family—does she have any siblings?)

Hmm… this will get adorable! 😂

Double-page supporter
@Derael
It wasn't actually common in medieval times for 30 years old to marry 18 years old. It was just also frowned upon back then, and only people who viewed their daughters as tools to gain extra influence did it....

Thank all that is good for your response, because I was seriously about to slap a bajillion-point-sized [citation needed] on such comments. Somehow.

Users who are viewing this thread