The Monstrous Duke's Adopted Daughter - Ch. 51

Group Leader
@Nep

Are you talking about her bio dad? Difference is that hes regarded as the villain as it should be instead of having the narrative reward him for his behaviour and woobifiying him

@Arkos @Mahtan I still don't see how anything about the families reaction is somehow going against the setting. You realize they are already a powerful family and adore the girl so why would they be happy to marry her off? It's not like everyone in the world shares the same values of the times.

Group Leader
@mahtan

Sorry. I must have missed the lesson on the magic kingdom in history class

This is a made up setting where where magic exists. Not a historical setting. It takes inspiration from it but it dose not take place in our past. So the author can use whatever rules they want.

Zm

Yo she is such a Baws like damn can the dutchess marry me? I'll be second its ok

N ahahahhahahahhahaha the father was all depressed about being picked cuz he's cute I can't

Fed-Kun's army
LMAO
THIS CHAPTER IS.. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

SHE'S RIGHT THO.. MEN JUST HAVE TO BE CUTE πŸ˜‚βœŒοΈπŸ˜‚

Aggregator gang
@phantom00 the guy said the family was angry about the whole age thing which is strange for a setting in medieval ages as that commonly happened. I will say I certainly agree with the MC family and they do list other reasons to be angry other than the age . Hell the MC family could just be the unique ones in regards to the whole age thing. I really don't care much for it other than clarification purposes and pretty much yes not everyone shares the same values obviously but again as stated it was common in nobility to not give a shit about age as much so long as bloodline and opportunity was there. I REAAAAALLY don't want to list some of the weird ass royal bloodlines that happened because of this in our timeline.

This is, this family is powerful enough that they don't need to worry about political marriages. Other families may need to make such sacrifices in order to relevant

Maaaan. I love the overprotectiveness of the brothers and father. ❀❀❀

And that father,nhe really is cute on his own way. ❀❀❀

AWWWW LOL THIS CHAPTER IS SO CUTE

if that ain't me grabbing my axe for the creep who proposed to a kid less than half his age!!

Dex-chan lover
@Arkos the main point is rather: Just because it took inspiration from our medieval time doesnt mean the marriage thing is like it was back then. There are no rules that forbid the author to handle it otherwise. We still dont know if the age thing is just like that for the Salvatores (I doubt they care that much about political marriages to make political ties) or if it is generally something that would be rare. That the proposal came can also be a hint that it could be ok for such a age difference even if it isnt common.
As long not stated otherwise all complains about that is useless and still within the right of the author to have it like he wants it.

Hell, even I have build an P&P world which has some medieval points but it hasnt normally such marriages. It even has Homo marriages (as long high positions have an heir, which can also be a woman). It is forbidden to do something like that even if it is more in the medieval times? No it isnt or do you want to say that my setting is in the wrong just because it hasnt that?

PS: even if we look at the Queen Dowager thing it didnt appear that normal either, which would be totally normal in our medieval time.

Dex-chan lover
Ah yes, I can't think of anything more wholesome than the family plotting to murder prospective marriage partners.

With all those requirements the guys laid out, Konrad's got a lot of work ahead of him or else Leslie will be staying single for the rest of her life.

And how could you do that, Duchess? How could you lie to Saraine?

@mahtan @Arkos

If we look at the aesthetics of the setting (the clothing and architecture), it's a bit of a mix of different time periods, but it's leans far more to a time around the 1800s than the Middle Ages. Regardless, we also don't have a detailed idea of how these people view marriageable age, other than the Earl's son willing to wait for Leslie's debut. Her debut being at 18, which is actually more in line with many modern ages of consent.

It's not that strange if we consider the differences of this world's history compared to ours. Also, it was just Ruenti who was upset about the age gap between Leslie and the Earl's son, and I would say that it feels pretty in-character for him. As someone who's studied and read a lot of literature, it's not strange for him to have more "modern" views on things compared to most other people.

But all that is secondary to how protective they are of Leslie. I would even say that the guys were just using whatever excuse they can think of to find fault in anyone interested in marrying her. But beyond even that, it's literally part of silly joke of overprotective family members.

Dex-chan lover
@mahtan

An author borrowing portions of a setting doesn't mean they're required to borrow all of them. That's like saying fantasy with tolkien elves is required to also have dragons.

The author here obviously decided to not borrow the age gap marriage portion. It's not inconsistent, you were just assuming things about the setting that we know now aren't true.

this manhwa could just be a slice of life with no serious plot and I would still be happy

I actually might be even happier cause it would be constant updates of this wholesome family, they're just the best family ever, I can't even think of another one to top them

Users who are viewing this thread