The Monstrous Duke's Adopted Daughter - Ch. 52

I am so utterly grateful to the artists for finishing this chapter off with wholesome family

Dex-chan lover
@blazing_boz Not really THAT progressive. The Salvatores are literally the strongest family in the entire Empire. They can literally do as they please because there is no one above them (even though nominally the Emperor is), so they get to make their own decisions. If that wasn't the case, if she was still a Sperado, for example, look at what the father was planning- marrying her off to some low-born mercenary just to squeeze every last drop of use out of her. Or like with Konrad, how his father treats him like little more than a pawn to be directed on what to do and who shouldn't act at all of his own accord.

@Amariithynar
It IS progressive because as I said this is about the message in ALL COMIC in general, not just this story. Shoujo stories with powerful families marry their daughters of all the time as a 'forced marriage' is a major troupe in plots.
Use some reading comprehension.🙄

Also her family wasn’t planning to marry her off, they planned to simply kill continuously so this isn't true at all.
Konrad full family history isn’t been revealed yet but he isn’t treating his son like a pawn at all, its been hinted at that his mother is sick and there is some shady business going on behind the scene and that he didn’t always act that way.

Dex-chan lover
@blazing_boz Sounds like YOU need some reading comprehension because when the father found out Leslie had the power too that was LITERALLY his plan for her; marry her off to some mercenary in the fields of strife. Also, no, you just said, and I quote, "Wow this manga is incredible progressive" before detailing how, and also, "This stories 'ignore the pressure and do as you feel'", multiple typos and all. There was nothing in statement that you were speaking about "ALL COMIC" in general- and that doesn't even matter, because I addressed how it's NOT actually progressive like you're saying it is.

@Amariithynar
If your going to quote me, quote the entire sentence and not part of it, this a pretty stupid thing for you do since its documented in the chat. A FULL sentence reveals the meaning not part of it and if you had basic reading skill's that be clearly.

4 mo ago
Wow this manga is incredible progressive- marriage is still incredibly forced and pressured on woman in the Easter countries… Like Korea- its really ground breaking to have a story that doesn’t say “ hey do you hate your partner ? is s/he abusive ? did your parents make you marry as a business deal ? suck it up!”

This stories “ignore the pressure and do as you feel

--So yes Mr. Ignorant I was taking about stories as whole. If its groundbreaking for a story to be different, then their would have to other stories that im referencing. That would include comics because if your use your brain it's common sense that "comics" are "stories". Stories are told in "different" forms like "Book" & "Movies " as well. I suppose if basic common sense escape you I can see how you faltered but your ignorance is your own problem. Again you need some basic reading comprehension skills. Oh and your racist too since you think non-English speakers are suppose to have perfect grammar when you yourself don't lol.

--- Nah the main threat has always been the biological family trying to burn her alive and take her powers.
-- two the main plot isn't about a forced marriage so actually Mr. Racist you are wrong still. Since even in the fantasy world where your right, the antagonist are trying to force her into her marriage .It's not the main plot in this comic and narratively is showing that its wrong instead of something a woman has to 'suck up" and deal with. I did give you the curtsey of addressing your strawman argument in my previous reply as well, but it seems those pesky reading comprehension skills made you miss that part…or you just ignored it because you don’t have a counter to your statement of it not being progressive. 🤔

I'm kinda surprised this family still has servants, I mean from all we know so far, they get low salary, can get fired over about everything and even getting beaten, and from what we've seen from other families, that's not the standard, so why would someone want to work for them (such things should be known since i'm quite sure that a family who killed their own over generations don't ever knew what caring for others mean), there might be ones who don't know or are desparate but they should have troubles
but there should also be more rumors about their history of child abusing and killing, I mean even by her burning were servants present and even if they don't point it out in public, I doubt that they never talked about it, especially the fired ones

damn everyone at the sperado's estate just want to use leslie, those mfers arent seeing heaven

Fed-Kun's army
nooooo when Leslie runs to her papa to get picked up because she wants to be taller than Bethrion and it's still not enough and she looks so sad and papa bear puts her on his shoulder so she can be taller than Bethrion 😭😭

*clenches heart* MY FUCKING HEART CAN'T TAKE THIS FLUFF

Fed-Kun's army
Ynow for a story in a medieval setting there's an awful lot of progressive bullshit in it. Why the fuck would a noble family with powers tied to their lineage not only say blood is not important but neither is marriage. Are they gonna start saying having children is not important because you can just adopt?

Power Uploader
@Jinyo In normal history, you would do that. Expanding your family and influence is one of the most important things that needed to be done. But in this setting, it is not really needed for a couple of reasons. It seems that all families have different powers and they are protective of their blood so no other family gets their ability. Also, if we look at their family it seems they are outside of the normal power structure. They are a warlike family and are involved in every major conflict, they are stated to be a monster that can do anything they want to. It also seems their family marries for love and not blood. It seems they don't need extra connections because of their skills. So, in the end, they have no need for connections. It seems they are in a great position. No, side family that can get them in conflict and no family obligations to the emperor.

Now about saying Leslie does not need to marry is pretty simple. There is no reason for it. She has two children and thinks she is sure one of them will have a child in the future so Leslie does not need to marry if she does not wants to. We still not know a lot it can be that one or both are already engaged or not. Now you can say sure but she said she would also not marry. The problem is that we know too little about the family. She could have a brother or a sister that could have had a child or did. There are a lot of reasons why they will not get married. Also, there is no need to get married just getting a child is fine. It would be marked but with some work, it would be no big deal.

For the last part, you can go back to my two other points. Other family likes her brothers, aunts, nieces, and go on. Having a child out of wedlock is also fine. If we look at history blood is important but there is a lot of room in blood. A lot of bastards or even children that did not have any blood of the ruler in it. Ruled in a lot of places. The main problem is that they have magic power and that blood needs to keep going on but with Leslie it is not needed.

Lmaoo not the cherry picking of historical “accuracy” to suit personal prejudices/preferences in the comments section 💀

Some 🤡people🤡 :
“ Fictional pseudo-european fantasy setting with no specified examples or guidelines? Yup. Ritual human sacrifice for magical power ups? Yeah, sure. Moving shadows containing the spirits of said sacrificed relatives? No problem. But I draw the line at ‘progressive’ ideology! That’s unrealistic!!!!”

Blessed be to those who are attempting to argue w these people. 😔🍷

Anyway, Papa Salvatore is a precious gift & Mama Salvatore is protag material. I would totally read a spin-off with her as the central focus. 🥰❤️

Oof I totally forgot about that nanny when I saw papi bear being best boi, and then I see the comments here... dang, I was so close to forgetting about it too.

I love how when she arrives at the training spot, there's already knights on the ground flailing. xD

Users who are viewing this thread