The Monstrous Duke's Adopted Daughter - Ch. 67

God it doesn't matter how much they suffer, they will never learn, it's baffling...

Thank you for the translation!!

Its kind of disappointing seeing how much of a 2-bit villain the sister is. 😅

She's even so stupid to the point where she's recalling the lesson about manipulating people without realising the exact same thing was done to her by the dowager. There's no tension-- or sense of danger at all for what she's planning. We all know Leslie will overcome it easily.

Thanks for the chapter!

damn the dowager really told straight up "im using you lol" and eli was just like Pog

I was looking for Konrad 😫 and we get these two idiots back at it again like give it up

Dex-chan lover
@IldreenL considering what we've seen of the empress dowager, maybe she wants to take over the country from within.

Seriously these cockroaches still alive even after what happened in season 1 and ofc back at it again in season 2, this is frustating.

She's turning out to be a fine little villainess! Hopefully she becomes smarter and more cunning so that we can have a real battle of wits between her and Leslie. I have high hopes for this first priest selection..

Dex-chan lover
@KuroInfinity If this was another series, I might think the former marquess's expression in his last panel, where Eli tells him that she's going to be the empress, is one of bafflement, that is, not understanding how Eli can be so gullible. However, I reckon he actually believes her. The villains have been so super simple so far. Even the dowager is relatively simple as a villain, but since the current emperor is so weak, the dowager can do whatever she wants, with nobody trying to stop her. Although that being said, maybe the current emperor's weakness is also thanks to the dowager. That would make her plans cross generations, and thus her apparent simplicity would actually be just taking it easy because she can.

Aggregator gang
I am a bit disappointed the father showed RIGHT BACK UP in the story. Author could have focused on other aspects for at least a single arc and been fine. But apparently not. Ah well.

Dex-chan lover
Can we get some new villains? The sperados are too dumb to be good at being villians. They’re just cockroaches that won’t die

Users who are viewing this thread