The Monstrous Duke's Adopted Daughter - Ch. 67

I want to say something about characters being pathetic, as in such a way to refuse the belief that such people exist outside of fiction.

Than I remember, fiction mimics real life. And modern real life has been pretty keen on driving home how despicable the powerful often are...

Personal rant below, useless on the void of the internet.

Eli's behavior matches well to a cousin of mine that was in a similar situation. Cousin's Mom used her to vicariously live her dream of being in beauty pageants ever since my cousin was old enough to stop needing diapers. Meanwhile same hellbitch abused the shit out of her two sons... My cousin fits the same personally as Eli still, even in her 30s...

@someunregpunk tbh the queen only want to increase her influence and curb the one outside her control.. that's why she "help" Eli right now because she still need her to do something.. if she success then the queen will succeed her goal and if she fail then it's not really a loss to her

I mean it's pretty obvious if you look at her expression right after she meet with Eli in previous chapters..

Dex-chan lover
@someunregpunk Empress is using Eli to hit back at the Salvatores, via harming Leslie.

Plus she wants to take control of the Epialtes plague kept in the church, and use it as a weapon to get her son crowned as new ruler.

Double-page supporter
Aw dang. That unfortunate girl still thinks she is an important part but she is just a pawn. Excited to see how this plays out for the empress' plans and the spearado's future.

I almost forgot that this idiot was here too. Gosh I hate that girl

Dex-chan lover
Eli just keeps digging herself deeper and deeper. I do still feel a bit of pity for her, seeing as how she's clearly been manipulated, but she is really not making any headway at all.

@zz2000 @someunregpunk yes, the Empress Dowager manipulating Eli to get the Epiates plague.
As far as I remember she married the old king but he died soon, and the current emperor (her stepson) is older than she is.
Arlendo is the current Emperor's son. The Empress Dowager wants Arlendo to rbe the next emperor but it hasn't been clarified why.
I suspect it has something to do with why she married the old emperor but who knows

Thanks For Your Hard Work!!!!!! ♡♡♡ Can't Wait For More!!! ♡♡♡ And Stay Safe!!!!

oh lord, here we go. It's at the point where she's just making herself look dumb, but admittedly I'm going to be so annoyed if anybody sympathizes/believes her.

Worse than how Leslie was treated?? She was basically raised to be executed. You guys tried to kill her off multiple times

Users who are viewing this thread