The New Gate - Vol. 9 Ch. 59

@Goldenzeal
"Tiera also knows alot more then she lets on....
She is hiding quite a lot of things, but for somewhat legitimate reasons."

Like what?

Dex-chan lover
Begone "I can't say anything for plot reasons but I will talk about it later on for also plot reasons" THOT..!!!

Dex-chan lover
@Ainz

well a few things.....
LOTS of BIG spoilers ahead, i made it into parts to not spoil everything at once.
She was/is a priestess of the world tree, this gives her a few different powers like Purifying demonic corruption.
This is a power all priestesses share, but alot of the priestesses also have other unique powers.
There is only ever a handfull of priestess per elf generation
atm there is only 2 others ( and one have been kidnapped by demons and is missing atm )
If The world tree dies or gets to corrupted it's literally going to destroy the world as a result.
And because of the low number of priestesses not being enough it's currently dyeing.
But elfs being elfs refuse to ask for help
( and the fact that the elf "king" is possesed by a demon )

But MUCH more importantly she is hiding what her unique power as a pristess is (and by proxy why she has that particular power )
The reincarnation system that existed still works to some extent witch was mentioned in one of the earlier chapters.
Tiera is a chosen one, But because of her special priestesses power witch is to let herself be possessed by the dead she knows from who her power comes from.
Tiera is the reincarnation of Shin´s girlfriend/wife who was murderd and died in his arms (this gives her some of the girlfriend´s skills and stats, and is going to be hinted at when she unlocks more of her hidden powers when we meet the swordwoman follower ( She was mentioned in chapter 17 and is named Filma )
The girlfriend souls have (and is going to again ) possess her to help her out.
This is a problem for Tiera as she loves Shin just like her master(Schnee Raizar), and dont want him to be sad/ leave them.
Also partly because she is aware that if Shin turns to the dark side again
( he have done it before when his girlfriend/wife died and its why he is called the god of death by other players )
He might single handedly destroy the world.

This all sound like a super big coincidence, until you realise that...
The reason Tiera is still alive ( Thanks to finding Schnee Raizar when she was kicked out ) was because of Shin´s girlfriends soul was guiding her too the moon shrine unconsciously.
And also the fact that the world itself is semi-sentient and is guiding Shin´s actions in an attempt to save it from being destroyed by demons.

Dex-chan lover
@Ainz

i did some edits to the old post(and this one ), go check them again if you read them too early 😜
And also i want to point out im spoiling like 3 arcs of plot points....
But then again it's like 2 arcs away from being relevant so 👺
Not going to be important for like another year or two lol
The girlfriend posseses Tiera and have a heart to heart with shin..... and steals Tiera´s first kiss :3
She more or less tells him to get over it and do whatever you want couse im dead.
This leads to Shin´s having a mental breakdown.

and just when he is starting to get over it....
The person who killed the girlfriend uses a cursed item to wipe Schnee Raizar memories just to fuck with Shin, leading to the arc after that being about fixing her memories.
The Schnee Raizar without her memories is a very different person( she dont even remember some of the younger team members existing and tries to attack one of them )
This changes the dynamic of the entire party. ( not just the Shin and Schnee )
But also to that.......
He realises at the end that he actually do loves Schnee but is still not sure if he can get over the girlfriend.
But at the end thanks to Filma (who have been actively shipping Schnee and Shin from the moment they meet up)
And alot of other things that happends he end up marrying Schnee Raizar
Just in time to be made fun of by a lust demon who can literally smell the mad sex they had the night before who is a central point in the arc after that.....
At this point the party is separated from a teleportation fuck up so its only him and Schnee, So the others dont meet the lust demon and only learn about the marriage untill that arc is over and they meet up again

@Goldenzeal you're awesome!
does Shin ever kill the one that killed his girlfriend/messed with Schnee's memories?

Dex-chan lover
In the first panel of page 17 Schnee suddenly changes back to the non-maid clothes for no reason, lol.

Dex-chan lover
@Ainz

Yes....and no.... and yes ..... and both.....
The murderer and the lust demon is also my favourit characters outside of the main party.
They are both great characters who are fleshed out alot ( even if you so far only see them in one arc ) and both´s motivation for doing what they do are great.
The murderer for example dont kill people just for being the bad guy/ for fun.... He legit belives what he does it for the greater good.
And to some extent... he is kind off right.... but his way of thinking would leave the world in ruins
The only players who got reincarnated into this world(outside of Shin) like for example Hibineko and elf/lord pair from chapter 47....
Is the once that died in the death game ( its easy to forget that it was basically sword art online before Shin killed the last boss at the start of the manga )
So the fact he exists in this world means he have died once already ( and yes i think it was Shin who killed him the first time back then )
But no, Shin never managed to kill the guy a second time after he mindwipes Schnee's memories.

This is why Shin hopes to find his girlfriend in the first place btw.....

the problem is that her death was not because she died in game, she actually died to cancer just before she died in game.
She died to cancer, witch lead to her dying in the game at the same time she was murderd... it's a bit complicated...
But Shin still hopes to find her alive untill she more or less tells him that she is dead.
Its hinted at that she might be somewhat in between alive and dead because of the possession thing and she is abit diffrent from the other spirits that posses Tiera.
But she says herself that she is dead.

They actually find the grave Shin made for her 500 years ago at one point before the world tree arc iirc.

Dex-chan lover
😆@goldenzeal

thanks for the reminder and spoiler bro..
already forget the WN/LN😆

but in previous spoiler before

you said that origin is PROGENITOR of each race of that world?
where's the explanation for that one in the WN ? i think i'm not reading that one
which means, there's an origin of High Human n High Elf?
how meta is that?

This is interesting on another level. Schnee only opened her eyes for a little bit and kept them closed throughout most of the pages.

Dex-chan lover
@sherlock0790
Yeah IIRC there was mentioned that Origin was the progenitor Dragnill race.
That implies there should be one for the other races too, but as far as i recall they have not been mentioned directly.

I believe it was somewhere between the world tree arc or around the time they found "the boat" when talking to the underwater boss if you know who that is.
I would have to go look it up if you want the exact part.... but i myself am not 100% sure....
i will send you a new message if i find the exact chapter for it.... but dont bet on it.

@Goldenzeal ah yes so after the
samurai/hinomoto arc theres the retelling of Shin becoming the death god arc, then there's the pirate/ship arc, then the mindwipe arc, then the erkunt/academy arc (with the lust demon) followed by the world tree arc where they finally find out about her being a world tree priestess. and finally jump onto vol 16 where they meet Hydro and Oxygen, the two npcs from the alchemist high human Hecate.

@Ainz i can answer that one too. the LN is still ongoing and is on vol 16.

@Goldenzeal ty for the heavy lifting posting spoilers while i was away! C:

@Ainz
Shin became known as a PKK or player killer killer. it's the whole point of vol 10 of the LN retelling how he changed after Marino was killed and how his friends like Shadow also became PKKers too. Shadow became one because Holly, his wife was also killed by the trio whom had Hameln as one of its members.

Users who are viewing this thread