The Newly-wed Life of a Witch and a Dragon

Thank you so much for your hard work 💛💛💛 tbh i rlly dont mind as long as i can still read and understand the text,

I love this concept but the characters just suck. No real chemistry or likability to be honest.

So basically a drunk girl came onto him and he accepted her advances and slept with her. Then he made her feel guilty and manipulated her into an agreement where she would be forced to get engaged with him and then pestered her and won over her only friends. I really like the characters, but the set up is a bit,,,,

@Papercraftt isn´t it a very important setting, that at the ML and the FL
`s first night, they
don´t include violence?
Nether the ML nor the FL do something that they don´t intend to.
Sure, the FL is drunk and in a very shaky mood and the ML did show his intentions and manipulative side only later on... but, both did not have malicious intend to hurt the other. As a spur of the moment thing (for both) it is crass to call it rape.
Yes, the setup you mention is used often and now sucked dry but the ML and FL in this Manhwa are a little bit different from the norm.
This is also the reason I enjoy to read this work. The Characters have their basic traits, but also some more multifaceted settings in order to keep the reader at it.

Aggregator gang
I actually enjoyed reading this and I am looking forward for more chapters 😉

I'm always on the fence about rationships that "start" with a one night stand, but I've been enjoying this as the author elaborates on wendy's character. She's a proper adult with a pretty set in personality, and still has her doubts and comfort zone. She's aware of much of her personality and knows how to take responsibility, and does face herself (even if it takes time - which makes sense since it's a part of herself she's most uncomfortable with).

About the "rape" thing - there is none here. Some seem to forget she is a proper adult, which means there are other considerations before saying it was a foul and horrible act.

Not a spoiler per se, but more on the above..well, below.

I know some would react by saying "adults can be raped too" - no shit sherlock. I'm not saying that because someone's an adult they can't get raped. I'm saying responsibility is a different level as an adult - assuming said adult had a typical environment growing up.

Being respnsible, mature and an adult does mean taking respnsibility for your actions. Taking responsibility does include owning up to instances where you allow yourself to be in a vulnerable position when you already know of potential consequences, not to mention the fact that you do already know you'll be vulnerable. She ain't new to alcohol. She knew what she was like and her tendancies. Hence why her reaction to sleeping with him was mild. It ain't rape. It would be if she was having a lot of alchohol for the very first time and was a young and relatively naive thing still, but it wasn't and she's not.

I'm not mentioning Aiden here cuz..you know, his "secrets", LOL. I honestly don't know how I want to react to his case.

Ummmm okay I see a lot of people hate the set up and are blaming it on the ml , wow even though the female lead approached him first but I’ve only read the 1st chap mid way and 13, 14, 15 so in my mind y’all kinda look like your pushing the blame on ml even though it wasn’t his fault , because it’s not like he first approached her and she even admitted in the same chapter that she wants to be adored by someone and loved by someone

Please keep in mind I didn’t even finish at least reading half of the 1st chap , but has finished the latest 13 - 15 chapters

@papercraftt
No offence but I u think you have no,well basically shouldn’t tell someone else when its like that just because you have read similar webtoons , idk if this base of a novel which it probably is , go read the novel then say it’s that cause you seem to be thinking it’s like that. (I haven’t read the novel)

@FaNiVio ? What are you talking about? It was obvious she was under influence and her reasoning was out of control. Violence doesn’t have to be involve for one person to be.....I can’t believe you guys are justifying his actions, it disgusts me. If I was him I wouldn’t take advantage of someone whos under influence. It’s sad that you guys don’t know boundaries and respect.

@kittten you don’t make any sense. The female lead was in distressed and was under alcohol influence and the ML took advantage of that. Theres a lot of webtoons with this same set up thats normalizing this type of same setting. This shouldn’t be normalize. No offense but your grammar and spelling didn’t make sense to me. What are you trying to say? Even if one person is under influence, you shouldn’t take advantage of them.

Really like this because the female lead thinks like a legitimate adult. So yeah props to that. But I'm still kind creep out with the stalking, and not very satisfied with the root of his 'love' for her

@Papercraftt
It was pretty obvious what i was trying to say , basically I was like you shouldn’t really tell someone it’s just r*p* just because you’ve read similar webtoons, and I also said it’s probably based off a novel so should go and read that if you want to confirm your suspicions of it being just r*p*

And still about how she was under influence , she’s an adult and as an adult she made the choice to do that so even if the ml did except her advances it was still her fault of course the ml shouldn’t have done that but she still made the advances , and yes that type of setup shouldn’t be normalised in manhwas , mangas and manhuas and I don’t think it ever will be normalised really

My grammar was okay some stuff was missing but a 8 year old would’ve still been able to get what I was writing that’s how minor the grammar mistakes were and also my spelling wasn’t even wrong , it was up to you if you chose to read it correctly and u was you that was the only thing that wasn’t really spelt correctly (btw of doesn’t go under the spelling category it would go under grammar since I meant off instead of)

Please don’t take offence to the 8 year old thing I wasn’t trying to like annoy you or anything of the sort it was just an example

Lmao, did we really read the same story? Read it again and it’s crystal clear that BOTH of them took advantage of one another:

1. WENDY, who was in distress and under the influence BUT CAN STILL THINK AND DECIDE FOR HERSELF, wanted comfort physically and emotionally. They were both aware and consented to it. Then later on revealed (after newcomer’s part when she was crying beside the door and before confrontation) that she can’t really cut aiden off because she still uses him for her own benefit. It was mentioned a lot of times that their work increased in productivity, she’s able to have some time for herself bc he also takes care of the chores and food. She felt good that aiden is by herside. She even felt jelly when aiden princess carried drunk researcher.

2. Aiden, on the other hand, took advantage of her advances BUT IT WAS CONSENSUAL. GOD DID WENDY FELT R*PED? I DONT THINK SO. Although we really need to call out the disgusting fact that he emotionally manipulated wendy to make her promise and tie her down to a marriage. He clearly knew he was being used (confrontation after newcomer’s party) and that’s okay w him (consent) since he like her anyway and he rlly did strived to be the ideal man wendy wants. (Ch 15, Wendy’s ideal man revealed)

Their relationship starting point isnt so nice and it is indeed should not be normalized in anyway. But hey respect each other since every story is open for individual interpretation. I personally enjoy this story coz of my own preference and style. If you dont wanna read then you’re free to go anytime.

Thanks mystical merries and sugar babies for picking this up, hope you won’t drop this. 💛✨

dont like how the golden haired guy kept saying that she was his first love when she still a kid, suuuuper creepy. i mean, yeah they're dragons so age would be like...yeah, but yk? still, weird. but other than that, this so far has been really cute and the way fl thinks is really refreshing. though i mean, im glad he didnt catch feelings for her when she was a child and only really fell in love with her after she was an adult. that was nice

Users who are viewing this thread