The NPCs in This Village Sim Game Must Be Real!

Aggregator gang
This manga is full of surprises.

The opening is so uneventful until BLAM you're hit with a cool concept. The MC is so bland until BLAM here comes his character conflicts. Supporting cast are npc's and then BLAM you're rooting for them. Then BOOM we are getting emotional and inspirational on your ass outa no where.

For a dull opening this manga shines in ways you would never expect 9/10

This might be sappy... but this manga, aside from being well drawn and written, might be one of the most motivational things I've read.

Just like the MC I feel silly for saying it, but watching him crawl out of the depths of his own personal despair via the motivation he derives from wanting to better these villagers their lives; I in turn feel a similair motivation vicariously through him..

This, far from the more common shallow escapism many fantasy manga offer, begets confrontation with oneself..

At least, for those who resonate with the MC's state of mind..

@LeGrandGreg The fact that the family seems so forgiving towards the MC might be a cultural difference. In Japan, people like the MC are not rare. In fact, suicide rates for young people are quite high and lots of young people deal with depression. When a young person fails to get a job or get into a university, there are those that just retreat into their rooms and rely on their family for financial assistance. There's a ton of pressure to succeed and people that feel they haven't met the criteria for "successful" can become incredibly depressed.

That aside, I actually find the family realistic. They don't hate the MC. We don't get a sense of real hostility or hatred from the family. They just drifted apart and are now awkward strangers. The MC is trying to repair that rift with his family. You can tell everyone wants to be a real family again but they didn't know where to start. But now the MC has made an effort to repair the rift and they can finally start moving towards healing.

Dex-chan lover
This is honestly a really good manga and it deserves much more popularity. It’s much better than like 98% of the other low effort isekai/wish fulfilment mangas that get released these days. It has has really solid art on top of having a great story. Definitely a hidden gem. I initially avoided it due to the usual long ass light novel names that a lot of mangas these days have but I’m glad I gave it a chance. I swear if this ever gets axed or something I’m actually going to be upset (though I wouldn’t be that surprised sadly since I’ve already seen plenty of great stories just fail to get attention because people just want cliche, power trip, wish fulfilment, stories these days.

Dex-chan lover
This is honestly a really good manga and it deserves much more popularity. It’s much better than like 98% of the other low effort isekai/wish fulfilment mangas that get released these days. It has has really solid art on top of having a great story. Definitely a hidden gem. I initially avoided it due to the usual long ass light novel names that a lot of mangas these days have but I’m glad I gave it a chance. I swear if this ever gets axed or something I’m actually going to be upset (though I wouldn’t be that surprised sadly since I’ve already seen plenty of great stories just fail to get attention because people just want cliche, power trip, wish fulfilment, stories these days.)

Could anyone point me to where I could read the source material for this? Light or Web novel, whichever it is!

Thank you.

@ Livamyyo
Look at the description and click NovelUpdates it will give you the series.

Dex-chan lover
I just want to tell you that this manga should have a higher rating than this. You get the story, you get the character development. Most of all, you get a good moral lesson.

Solid 10/10 from me

Users who are viewing this thread