The One Within the Villainess - Vol. 3 Ch. 9 - A New World

Dex-chan lover
I just love how this revenge manga takes the form of an active "the best revenge is living well".

As in, she is not just overfocusing on revenge and tricking everyone.
She is not just doing what she (or Emi) would like and letting the other side explode by itself.
She is focusing on a revenge that does do what Emi would have wanted, in a way that explodes the other side and no one else suffers. She is doing it all for revenge, but in a way everyone but her targets end up happy.

She is helping people left and right both because Emi would, and to help everyone, but also because, without conflicts big enough, Pina can't go out and become stronger and more influential.

The potions store, regardless of her actions, if she pointed the guards to it or if her words are even true, is definitely in-character for Pina. She did claim Pina's overuse of charm potions drew unwanted attention, and I can see those she did not influence yet seeing things wrong sooner or later. And we know she is getting desperate for those potions now that she can't get any more.

And of course, even while stopping Pina from progressing through the story she is doing it herself.
Getting the special equipment, and fighting solo against two gods (well, she planned the second to be solo) to end up the threat to the world. Plus she is even stopping the demonic invasion threat before it even happens.

If she succeeds, everyone else ends up the better. The threat is gone. Or did not even start existing.

Save for the Miasma, which regardless of everything it seems only Pina can clean up.

Meaning that, in the end, Remilia becomes adored for her actions of helping everyone, Emi hopefully ends up happy when she wakes up...

And Pina's special status is made to be only the "official janitor to the world".
(No offense to real janitors, it is a thankless task.)
One thing to remember is Emi did get the queen to get someone to follow both her and the "heroine" to get the truth. But yeah I agree with pretty much everything here.

Dex-chan lover
it’s more surprising that this is all a game made for cellphones
I play Fate/Grand Order. If they can justify a Gacha system to keep expanding the world, the game's story can get very complex.

I sorta always took it more similar to like Princess Maker 2 stlye maybe?

Good series overall, alot of big pics this chapter though lol
I didn't get to play Princess Maker 2 yet. Read the LP on lparchive, bought the remake on Steam, but didn't play it yet myself.
But yeah, the idea from the LP did come to my head. But with a more direct control of Pina instead of a parent setting a schedule for her, and less time to train her due to when the game starts I guess.

Dex-chan lover
I didn't get to play Princess Maker 2 yet. Read the LP on lparchive, bought the remake on Steam, but didn't play it yet myself.
But yeah, the idea from the LP did come to my head. But with a more direct control of Pina instead of a parent setting a schedule for her, and less time to train her due to when the game starts I guess.
PM2 also has a topdown RPG mode too, but yeah I'm guessing there would be heaps of games people could correlate this series with (I just think PM2 cause I'm an old man lol)

Dex-chan lover
I'm legitimately waiting for Remillia to try and figure out how to either give Emi a body or manifest her soul or something. I can also see the prince and cohort showing up begging for forgiveness and Remillia just having them driven off after revealing that Emi was the one they were talking to for a decade and that she's  FAR less kind than her beloved sister.

Dex-chan lover
PM2 also has a topdown RPG mode too, but yeah I'm guessing there would be heaps of games people could correlate this series with (I just think PM2 cause I'm an old man lol)
I remember that from the LP.
The "father" was Gendo Ikari, since the game was... either made or published by Gainax.
He did a much better job as her dad. She married the demon lord, then killed him, married the prince, took over the kingdom... basically she conquered 2/3rds od existence, only leaving Heaven behind (and not missing it, the place was what, one, two screens big?).

I'm legitimately waiting for Remillia to try and figure out how to either give Emi a body or manifest her soul or something. I can also see the prince and cohort showing up begging for forgiveness and Remillia just having them driven off after revealing that Emi was the one they were talking to for a decade and that she's  FAR less kind than her beloved sister.
Yeah.
At first I felt she was being unfair to them, after all they were conquered through enchanted items...
Then I remembered Emi did warn them about those, but they not only ignored her until it was too late
Even people that did not interact with either Emi or Pina seemed to be into it (until they saw Remilia's actions in person). Which points to them using their influence for that, and I doubt Pina would have asked for that - would draw too much suspicion, I'd guess.

Aggregator gang
The one thing I absolutely adore about this is that the base of Remilia's personality didn't change. She is still obsessive, and laser focused on one person being the base of her love. It simply switched targets from William to Emi. She simply used her prowess to to act within Emi's desires for her. Because she is a woman who can do anything for the one she loves. Certainly she has her points where she does feel genuine friendship and care for people, but it still completely pales in comparison to her love for Emi. Be it romantic or sisterly.

I just... really hope that the Demon King isn't changed from the Novel and they don't twist how things go. It doesn't look like it so far, but now we're entering the final stretch!

Dex-chan lover
That's... a great point.

She is still a yandere. But now she is a yandere aimed at making someone happy that she knows would be unhappy if she used her powers for evil.
No misguided attempts that harm more than help, no lashing out due to rejection. She knows what her target wants, and hell is she gonna do anything to make them happy.

A properly-aimed yandere.
Allies, rejoice. Enemies, enjoy it while it lasts. Remilia is coming.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you once more for the excellent translation; this is one of my favorite series and I am ecstatic whenever there is a new update.

Dex-chan lover
Come for a key.

Get a 2 for one deal with husband attached.

Btw for the curious:
Remilia will later go find the soul of the OG heroine (not the trash we saw, but THE original one) then offer them to be reborn as her child....because she need 'practice' (for childbirth) before she try it with Emi.

The OG heroine will be Emi's 'older brother'

Last edited:
The original game that Emi got reincarnated in, has such strange gameplay.
It seems to start like a standart Otome game with a VN gameplay, only to change halfway into what seems like a Dragon Quest like RPG
Its most likely a zone-separated game where the MC could choose from separate zones to go to for different activities. And the School/town was the part where you could interact with and recuit characters. Most likely RPG is always a part of the game, just at the beginning its a casual xp farm stuff and then after Remilia's downfall it turns into more of a serious stuff. I think its quiet common style, just almost always its by a male lead and instead of 'targeted' romance, more about harem building.

Dex-chan lover
This series is the best villainess manga to date, change my mind.
Thanks for the translation.

Some folks are forgetting that Remi is just "associating with/partnering with/using" Ángel.
Her true love (and her everything) is Emi.

Dex-chan lover
Come for a key.

Get a 2 for one deal with husband attached.

Btw for the curious:
Remilia will later go find the soul of the OG heroine then offer them to be reborn as her child....because she need 'practice' (for childbirth) before she try it with Emi.

The OG heroine will be Emi's 'older brother'
Not quite what I envisioned it would happen but close enough.

I been waiting months for this to be updated, I'm soo glad still going even tho the end seems to be in the horizon I will still take it.

Dex-chan lover
I was thinking that it was the game had otome-game premise and focused more on telling the tragic story of Remilia, the demons, and an ending world. and the pina is the last hope. It would explain the detail it has on not making the demons appear evil, but rather being out of options. It reminds me of darks souls 3 a bit in the sense that the main character has to restore the last flame, and here pina gets rid of the miasma. it’s more surprising that this is all a game made for cellphones
Must be a Japanese genshin impact in otome game style.

Dex-chan lover
Love the younger brother's reaction at the end! 😂

The original game that Emi got reincarnated in, has such strange gameplay.
It seems to start like a standart Otome game with a VN gameplay, only to change halfway into what seems like a Dragon Quest like RPG
The change in focus reminds me of "I'm in Love with the Villainess"

Users who are viewing this thread