The One Within the Villainess - Vol. 4 Ch. 19 - Dance in the Palm of My Hand

Dex-chan lover
She did. First-person locked-in. And being forced to see her own body "used" like that, seducing suitors, drove her to throw away her own body in disgust. Becoming third-person ghost. Chain tethering her soul to her body growing further and longer and weaker each time.

Remilia's denouncement was the final straw. Hatred of what was done with her body. Her soul abandoned her body entirely, to run away to the astral realm / "heaven" / above the clouds. Where she currently remains, crying in deep slumber.

...in WN epilogue, Remilia experiments on sinners to develop astral / soul magic. Remilia goes to save her, talk with her. Letting her soul reincarnate as her (and Demon King ML's) own child... male however, by Star Maiden's own choice, from the trauma.
what about the girl the possessed Remilia in the beginning what happen to her
?

Dex-chan lover
Correct; the cheat items just "raise favorability", they don't brainwash people into taking actions they normally wouldn't.

Basically they made them view Pina favorably, but nothing forced them to be shitty to Remilia. It's like if you robbed a bank just because the partner of your dreams asked you to; the judge isn't going go "its ok, they're hot so I understand" and let you off the hook.
that sounds like conditioning which is a form of brainwashing.
not defending the prince, it's only a light form of brainwashing like training an animal

Dex-chan lover
I think it's better explained in the book, but basically, while the star maiden uses a love perfume to increase her likability, it was ultimately her manipulative skill that win over the prince.

At first, nobody believe her when she says she was bullied, until she claims Remilia did it by jealousy. The boys were quite happy at this idea and eventually, the ego boost makes them believe it.
The prince truly believed Remilia did it, because he has an inferiority complex toward her, it feels good to him that she choose to stood low for jealousy. He believed that when she acknowledges her wrong and apologizes, he will forgive her, and they can be a couple as equal.
He feels betray by Remilia when she refuses to apologize, he thinks she picks her pride instead of him. He started to truly despite her at this moment. The exile was initially proposed as a treat only, but the prince goes with it to teach her a lesson, once she be humbled and apologizes, he will forgive and take her back. He didn't expect her to not contact him at all after her exile.

The musician and soldier didn't really believe she did it. But they still think maybe some stuff are true because of the ego boost. But they don't believe she tried to kill the star maiden. The plan was to make the prince and Remilia broke up by feeding him into his delusion, then they will smooth the broken heart of Remilia and drown in their own fantasy.
They expected Remilia to not apologizes and the break-up, they didn't expect the exile. Eventually, the brother convinces them to wait until Remilia call for help before taking her back to have a better impact. But she didn't, and they were chocked by it, then more or less forced to stay loyal to the star maiden because it will be weird if they change their stance now.

The brother is a creep. He was the less affected by the star maiden, he notices the perfume effect and stay away from her, he was completely rational, he just acted like he wasn't, so the star maiden didn't suspect anything. But he wanted to marry his sister and for that he needs her to break up with the prince. He also poison the father against her to having her remove from the family tree, so he can marry her later. He also behind the exile, it was mean to gain time while the paperwork for the family tree was done and cock block the others too. She was supposed to wait for him to bring her back as a brother, family and only ally who try to reason the rest and eventually Remilia who will be grateful to him will open up to more incestuous feeling.

Needless to say, they are all wrong. Even if Remilia didn't take the body control and Emi was still here, she was so traumatizes by this event she ended up in the coma for 15 years.
She got reborn as Remilia daughter on her own accord.

Also, it's not mentioned in the manga, but after Remilia exile, some witnesses admit not telling the truth about the bulling. That create a stir and 3 camp formed. A third of the witnesses admit lying, more than half are evasive about it, and a few continue their stances.
Since more than half of the witness were doubtful, it was proposed to reopen the case. But the prince object. Contrary to what the prince and 3 others dudes have told, they never really investigate the bullying case.

They didn't have proof outside of rumors, the pile of document they present is just a compilation of rumor and event without any concrete proof, just a pile of document. Mostly because Remilia was supposed to apologizes and be forgiven, not be exiled. If the case is reopened, it will be evident they slopped their work and condemned Remilia under little to nothing.

To protect themselves, the princes uses his royal authority to refuses the case to be reopened, three times. People question it, and that event make a huge blow to his credibility.

All that happen when Remilia was traveling the world, but the manga skip it. It was part of the reason Remilia was able to start her revenge. Since they were ground too bad practices in her condemnation, nobles were more open to give her the benefice of the doubt when she contacted them.
This is a much better explanation than given so far. However it now leaves me with a question of why author even put the perfume in the story, in manga everyone around Emi acts as if they were brainwashed. But as you say, in novel (I skipped the start when I've read it), it was their own choice to be malinged. In that case it leads me to believe the author didn't think this part through very well. 🤔

Regardless, thank you for a fuller explanation.

Dex-chan lover
I get that there was food poisoning and disease. I'm asking if this was previously mentioned or shown. So that's a no, right?

It seems a lot of stuff was just glossed over and just dismissed in a few lines of dialogue. For example, the failure of the crop system was also just said to be failed, but it wasn't explained. Same with the failure of the food distribution, they just mentioned it in dialogue and there are no details.

Oh well, I still enjoy it.
it sounds more like the MC already spread this type of farming and the prince and company had no idea

Dex-chan lover
Spoilers from the novel:
Williard isn't controlled whatsoever, and is fully aware of what the fake Star Maiden is doing. He chooses to go along with it because he hates how competent Remilia is, and hopes doing this will knock her down a peg. That's why he's so upset in chapter 1 that she won't lower herself: his little plan failed and now he actually had to cast her away.

He remains hopeful that her banishment will teach her a lesson and dent her record of being perfect, but by the time he realises his entire idea was stupid and childish, it'll already be too late.

But he's not a victim, he is fully in control of the stuff he's doing. Same goes for the others in his entourage.
what about the other 3 targets?

• p5 Pina and the getaway detached palace are under suspension? <-> p13 The king has decided to suspend the second prince to the getaway site. [I was confused about those parts; I'm not sure if a getaway site had been mentioned by p5, plus the combination of these two lines sounds like there might have been a mistranslation with one of them? Maybe the first one should be something like "Pina is suspended to the detached palace"?]

I'm assuming "Getaway site" is actually "Royal retreat" or something similar.

A detached palace would be a smaller building on the site of the main palace while a royal retreat would be a private living abode in a different location that royals use to take a break, basically a holiday home.

"retreat" being mistranslated into "getaway".

Dex-chan lover
I just don't recall her having the screens thing or the spider thing
Umm maybe reread haha the spider thing showed up awhile ago and she knowd magic and is a genius inventor with divine backing so best believe she got that shit WRAPPED hahahah

Dex-chan lover
ALSO ummmmmm first prince suuuuper hot??????? Like I know that Remilia will probably end up with Angél but still!!!! Man hawt

Dex-chan lover
There's a reason of why Remi is my pfp: she's the best.
Thanks for translating!

Dex-chan lover
This is a much better explanation than given so far. However it now leaves me with a question of why author even put the perfume in the story, in manga everyone around Emi acts as if they were brainwashed. But as you say, in novel (I skipped the start when I've read it), it was their own choice to be malinged. In that case it leads me to believe the author didn't think this part through very well. 🤔

Regardless, thank you for a fuller explanation.
The perfume make people like her, or tolerate her. Most of her manipulation tactic would have not worked if she couldn't even start a conversation.
Also, the effect of the perfume stack, meaning that the more people smell it, the more they appreciate her. It doesn't work on people that have a bad impression of her before smelling it. But the more you smell it, the more you feel enticed by her. It doesn't take your freedom away. The boys were more or less charmed by it at the condemnation event, but they really fall deep while Remilia was traveling, saving the world. That why they are irrational and keep her closes despite her being a natural catastrophe with leg.

I really love the art in this series. The character designs and expressions are so well-drawn. I FEEL the menacing smirks from Remilia but you can also tell she is kind and gentle. Even when she's manipulating the whole situation and she has ulterior motives, her personality and kindness is always genuine thanks to Emi's influence and the art just seems to capture that so well imo

Dex-chan lover
I just don't recall her having the screens thing or the spider thing
she unlocked the "gallery function" through a ritual she found out about from Angel. it lets her see memories of people in the places they occured and she's basically using it as a realtime surveillance system since humans lack the magic to block it (demon's have household magic that they use to block private areas from being viewed)... tie that back with her being a magical cheat character and she basically showed the gallery scenes to the aide.

As for the spiders, she's had them since she was exiled. Her original version used ravens and crows, but she found spiders more useful since she can both watch through them and use them to cast magic...she also found it somewhat amusing since she's essentially weaving a web of deceit and good deeds to ensure the star maiden's downfall.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
what about the girl the possessed Remilia in the beginning what happen to her
?
Emi was so chocked by the condemnation event that her mind go into coma, she will be wake up 15 years later by Remilia. They talk about what should they do, Emi wanted to live, but didn't want the memories of the boys and if possible she wanted to stay beside Remilia. Remilia propose then to Emi to be reincarnated into her daughter and Emi happily agree.
what about the other 3 targets?
I talk about it here : https://forums.mangadex.org/threads...-in-the-palm-of-my-hand.1717505/post-21260126

hopefully it will be shown in a flashback
Funny enough, the book is actually really short. The epilogue is twice as big as the main story. XD
It's because the epilogue is a compilation of POV from everyone, what did the prince do while Remi was X or Y, then the second dude, then the third, then a PNJ, etc.
While I do like multiples POV, I think that should have made their way into the main story because they are a lot of redundancies.
They are also real epilogue stuff, but still. The POV of the boys is way too similar to deserve they own POV each.

Dex-chan lover
Except the fact that it was induced was the point. Schemers gotta scheme
I know that was the point, I just feel that dream manipulation is just an exceedingly strong power to be brought up now and sort of invalidates a lot of the political acumen she has demonstrated. Since she could just manipulate dreams, why not do that earlier? Like the woman that they needed to sell the products in her territory, invade her dreams and heighten her her obsession with looking young and beautiful, so you don't have to do the whole political dance, its in character for her to go for the shortest route to solve a problem.

I dunno just feels like the author has overcooked with this idea, hopefully dreams are used in an actually scheming way and not just pushing a guy that's getting sick of his job to just quit.

Dex-chan lover
The perfume make people like her, or tolerate her. Most of her manipulation tactic would have not worked if she couldn't even start a conversation.
Also, the effect of the perfume stack, meaning that the more people smell it, the more they appreciate her. It doesn't work on people that have a bad impression of her before smelling it. But the more you smell it, the more you feel enticed by her. It doesn't take your freedom away. The boys were more or less charmed by it at the condemnation event, but they really fall deep while Remilia was traveling, saving the world. That why they are irrational and keep her closes despite her being a natural catastrophe with leg.

That's 200% a form of mind control, considering the star maiden can't tie two words together it is difficult to imagine her being suave or sly enough to manipulate anyone without them doing these things on their own under drug effect. It only reaffirmed my thinking tbh.

Aggregator gang
I get that there was food poisoning and disease. I'm asking if this was previously mentioned or shown. So that's a no, right?
not shown, no
but they mentioned in this chapter that one of the foodstuffs Pina introduced was fucking mayo, which is not gonna play nice with anyone if they do not have proper storage methods
and let's be honest they will not have proper storage methods
(they also mentioned chocolate, so I am expecting some dead puppers)

Users who are viewing this thread