The One Within the Villainess - Vol. 4 Ch. 19 - Dance in the Palm of My Hand

Dex-chan lover
Again he wasnt brainwashed, all that was influenced was how favourable he sees Pina aka the star maiden. Nothing more and nothing less. He is still fully accountable for what he did.
Regarding the food poisoning .. it comes from the mayonaise, because eggs are not "clean" and "steril" enoughh to be used for mayo yet.
I didnt say anything about the food poisoining in this post? And if you mean the other, Im not sure what this comment is about, i.e. what it is supposed to tell me.

Anyways, maybe brainwashing means something else to you, but to clarify:
"the process of pressurizing someone into adopting radically different beliefs by using systematic and often forcible means." (oxford dict.)

It is precisely what she did using love potions. Brainwashing is not about controlling someone like a literal puppet, it is by emotional manipulation (such as this) or similarly in real life using propaganda or seduction. You could argue about accountability, whatever. But he was brainwashed.

Dex-chan lover
William wasn't truly Brainwashed.
Only his feelings were manipulated, so that he was more affectionate towards Pina.

Nothing else was changed about him, as he had all the decision making capabilities.

The reason Remilia is after William for revenge is because she knows how the Drug works (based on Emi's knowledge), and understood that William never really confirmed any of the allegations against Emi'Remilia properly, even-though he claimed to have loved her and knew her since childhood (aka., Remilia is angry because William gave up on the trust build by Emi'Remilia over a decade so easily).
Same to you: (copy pasted from my other reply)

Anyways, maybe brainwashing means something else to you, but to clarify:
"the process of pressurizing someone into adopting radically different beliefs by using systematic and often forcible means." (oxford dict.)

It is precisely what she did using love potions. Brainwashing is not about controlling someone like a literal puppet, it is by emotional manipulation (such as this) or similarly in real life using propaganda or seduction. You could argue about accountability, whatever. But he was brainwashed.

Remilias anger is completely understandable to me and the point of my post is to say that she really is a villain - her actions clearly gloss over moral and details, she simplay acts out of spite. Besides: In the manga, which is the medium under scrutiny, she definitely did not consider his side, or any other side except her own. And whatever happens in the novel should not affect this discussion here.

I'm excited for her revenge plan.

Many people in this thread are still arguing about whether they were brainwashed or not.

I thought in the earlier chapters, Remilia said that the potion doesn't affect free will, only favorability toward the persons who used it?

Also, I read the spoilers behind the reason why they trust Star Maiden more than Remilia, I can't wait to see it in the manga form.

Fed-Kun's army
Is this a form of literary foreplay... like, is slow but i would not cut any of it... i wanna see their faces full of despair but it can come later, this slow burn... is good, i like it.
I feel you completely
Me: I want more, hurry up!
Story: Okay, so what part would you want to cut out?
Me: ...N...None of it. Just hurry up!!!

Was it implied at some point that the First Prince is a half-something? Cause those don't look like human ears.
he is half demon. being mentioned couple time iirc. once when remila say that human and demon arent that different as a proof the 1st prince is half demon

Thanks for the chapter!

Typos & edit suggestions: @lin_tvdchick
  • Image resolution: The images for c19 are rather small, e.g. much smaller than c18. Was that an issue with the raws?
  • p5 Pina and the getaway detached palace are under suspension? <-> p13 The king has decided to suspend the second prince to the getaway site. [I was confused about those parts; I'm not sure if a getaway site had been mentioned by p5, plus the combination of these two lines sounds like there might have been a mistranslation with one of them? Maybe the first one should be something like "Pina is suspended to the detached palace"?]
  • p7 If you provide successful results no one will be able to say a thing. -> If you provide successful results, no one will be able to say a thing.
  • p11 If we continue at this pace it will be -> If we continue at this pace, it will be
  • p18 if a persona -> if a person
  • p20 She's our kingdom's national treasure, the star maiden we're talking about. Just be thankful that she only skated by with a banishment. -> She's our kingdom's national treasure, the star maiden we're talking about. Just be thankful that Remilia only skated by with a banishment. [The "she" in these sentences refers to separate persons. Though I don't recall how Will usually calls Remilia; if he doesn't refer to her by name, then the sentence would become harder to fix.]
  • p22 I don't really understand what Miss Remilia really did -> ["really" x2]
  • p22 But I'm sure I wanted you to believe in me, just like how you wanted to be believed. -> [based on context, not knowing the original text] But I'm sure she wanted you to believe in her, just like how you wanted to be believed. // But I'm sure she wanted you to believe in her, just like how I wanted to be believed.
  • p22 Even though you've thoughtfully supported him all this time by his side -> Miss Remilia, even though you've thoughtfully supported the prince all this time by his side [In the speech bubble directly before this, "you" refers to prince Will, but here "you" refers to Remilia and "him" refers to prince Will]
  • p27 It's impressive how successful your advice to the monarchy to move Willard to the detached palace worked out well. -> It's impressive how successfully your advice to the monarchy to move Willard to the detached palace worked out. // It's impressive how well your advice to the monarchy to move Willard to the detached palace worked out.
  • p27 Erhasha vs. p32 Eruhasha
  • p29 and force Willard have to work -> and force Willard to work
  • p30 lay a hold on -> lay hold of
  • p30 if it will be that simple to be able to achieve something -> if it will be that simple to achieve something // if it will be that simple to make an achievement
  • p33 Williard -> Willard
hi, do you know what chap if i want to continue to novel from last chapter manga?

Dex-chan lover
It's mentioned in chapter 9 (page 20) that the first prince's is indeed a demon descendant through his mother. The first prince mother is not the queen that have appeared in story though so we don't know how directly related he is to the demons.
You’d think someone part demon would be resistant but I guess protagonist power in otome games overwhelms it

Dex-chan lover
You’d think someone part demon would be resistant but I guess protagonist power in otome games overwhelms it
In fact he is, which is why th B... I mean the star maiden avoided him and didnt latch onto him too.

Dex-chan lover
I know this is a minor detail, but I'm not fully understanding what the problem with the Prince/Star Maiden's farm is?

The Food Poisoning I can probably figure out: Mayonnaise will go bad REALLY FAST without refrigeration.

I know this is a minor detail, but I'm not fully understanding what the problem with the Prince/Star Maiden's farm is?

The Food Poisoning I can probably figure out: Mayonnaise will go bad REALLY FAST without refrigeration.
The problem was because:
  • They claim that the method their using for farm is one they made them self. But not only Remilia already use same method, she also already distributed it to other nobles. What they thought revolutionary already become common knowledge.
  • It was mentioned that country's soil is lack nutritions so Remilia making a fertilizer using plant she found in dwarf kingdom, something that nobles have but they don't so their harvest far inferior that nobles.
The prince getting mock at because he not knowing what happened within his kingdom despite being a future king.

Dex-chan lover
The problem was because:
  • They claim that the method their using for farm is one they made them self. But not only Remilia already use same method, she also already distributed it to other nobles. What they thought revolutionary already become common knowledge.
  • It was mentioned that country's soil is lack nutritions so Remilia making a fertilizer using plant she found in dwarf kingdom, something that nobles have but they don't so their harvest far inferior that nobles.
The prince getting mock at because he not knowing what happened within his kingdom despite being a future king.
Thank you, I was thinking it was something similar to that - or how the maiden may have forgotten the actually important parts of crop rotation like putting in crops that rejuvenate the earth and/or act as feed for livestock in between.

They just didn't do a super good job of keeping that thread going since it seemed to be quite a while before the pay-off of Remilia's little trick.

Supporter
So the Star Maiden even fucked up giving food to hungry people. Seriously, what was she before coming to this world, cause I wouldn't be surprised if one of her friends, family or bullying victims killed her annoying ass.
If I was going to be kind, figure she assumed certain food standards from her world in place that weren't and didn't take precautions.

More likely she just screwed up

Kinda don’t like the spider giving him the dream, would have felt more satisfying if the dream occured naturally as a consequence of the situation.
The whole point is that the FL is manipulating things from the back, giving a slight push and shove to the people around her to achieve her goals, she's not "tricking" them to think a certain way, she's just helping them realize the reality of the situation, the dream just makes her more involved in the "retribution" aspect of the narrative which has been the main point from the start, if anything, not doing anything would be what all the "normal" "pure hearted" female leads in this stories would do, just "praying" that their wishes come true, which is exactly what the FL is NOT in this story.

Users who are viewing this thread